RC poster

Traxxas 1/5 Scale Gas RC??

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about Traxxas bringing a gas 1/5 scale into the line up. Just hoping since HPI has the Baja that other main stream companies might bring more into the market.

RC Qualifier
    didnt traxxas have the monster buggy, i think it was 1/5 or 1/6 scale, and it ran on gas, not sure though, they discontinued it

RC poster
    Well that's a shame would be interesting to see what kind of design they could put out for a 1/5 gas. I would almost like to just see a larger 1/5 scale Revo that ran on gas.

RC Champion
    1/6 scale, gasoline-powered, off-road buggy yep traxxas done away with the Monster buggy
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    The monster buggy is old and outdated. That's why traxxas isn't making it anymore.
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

You also have to figure that the market for large scale vehicles is small, and has a limited age group that can actually afford to play with them.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    You also have to figure that the market for large scale vehicles is small, and has a limited age group that can actually afford to play with them.
    That's the big factor right there. I would kill for a 1/5 scale buggy (gas is so cheap right?! ) But at 16 and making $7/hr part time, there's no way I could afford it along with all the other things I like (mmmm Taco Bell...).
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    that was one of my ideas, going gas instead of nitro (but car was too expensive) and after i went nitro i saw the monster buggy gone

RC poster
    Well I went to Gas 1/5 and am hooked. Just wish that there was more companies producing them!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would love to see Traxxas make a new Gas truck not a buggy. I could never afford one but it would be cool.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    Seems the 1/5th scale is always buggies or sedans. Least what ive seen in the lhs.

RC Qualifier
    if i told you i would have to kill you Port neches,texas now time to die
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    i have lots of grand parents that love and thats the only way i can afford a baja and this hobby...

RC Qualifier
    they shoulkd make a 1/5 pro4 to challenge the hpi's new 5T and a brushless 1/5 pro4 as well
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey09120
    they shoulkd make a 1/5 pro4 to challenge the hpi's new 5T and a brushless 1/5 pro4 as well
    And a spaceship too!

Seriously guys, almost everyone that has chimed in so far has said "It'd be cool, but I don't have the money." Traxxas has been a mainstream company, and keeps with the times. (slash/slayer are exceptions) If there were a bigger demand for a 1/5 scale vehicle, I'm sure it would be produced already.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC poster
    I have a first generatoin 1/6 TRAXXAS Monster Buggy it is in excellent condition w alot of aftermarket parts may be interested in sale or trade. You all need to do your homework cuz the buggy is still avail. 1100.00