Thread: Help!!!!!!!

RC Competitor

Help!!!!!!!

Ok so I had my LHS order me a slash with a brushless set up but both are on back order. Now with the Slayer coming out tomorrow (?) thinking of changing. SLash w/ brushless and lipo....around $450. Slayer around $450. Help a brother out here....opinions? Have seen a lot on the SLash as all of us have but obviously not much besides promo vids on slayer.

RC Qualifier
    well first what would u rather have electric or nitro?

2nd do you want 4wd or 2wd
    MY JATO IS FASTER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Competitor
    Jato thats what hard. Both have good and bad. Like electric for plug and play (kinda) like nitro for not having to mess with waiting for batteries and can go anywhere with a can of fuel. 2 or 4 wheel doesn't matter...mostly back yard, park, beach play. Not racing as of now.

RC Qualifier
    well if ur bashing back yard play then i would get a slayer better control in those ares i mostly like 2wd for street use for example the jato (=slash) slayer (revo) what is better for bashing? revo of course cause its 4wd
    now nitro isnt that hard to maintain but not as easy as electric so your gonna have to make that choice personally i like nitro better then my vxl rusty

RC Competitor
    From sounds of what I have been reading more of a pain with lipos that tuning a nitro

RC Qualifier
    yes lipos are a pain....id say there not plug and play but nimh but are really slow too

RC Competitor
    Thought I had this figured out but maybe its a sign that the Slash isn't in yet. Maybe I was suppose to go Slayer. Just hard with seeing all the vids of the SLash, hope the Slayer isn't a dissapointment

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jatorunner92
    yes lipos are a pain....id say there not plug and play but nimh but are really slow too
    wat makes a lipo a pain??? i have no probs with mine just charge it up and run and nihms can get u to a respectable speed ive gotten 51 on a 6 cell in my rusty
    Losi eight E
    Mini revo/rusty
    t4/b4

Nitro is kinda messy. Electric is just simple.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    Nitro is worth the mess though and go for the slaye i think your right it was a sign for you to get the slayer
    '08 Bullitt,Rusty,Revo,CR 125 modded, stock YFZ450

RC Champion
    Lipos are every bit as easy as nickel packs once you understand how to treat them.

As for this choice, it's really your call on electric vs. nitro. Although I will say that I think the Slayer would make a better basher than the Slash. The Slash doesn't really benefit much from brushless because of the tires. The Slayer has the same (or at least very similar) tires, but it's 4wd so you can get more power to the ground.
    Traxxas racing!