Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    i havent read any of the posts for this thread, but i will give you guys a solid NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i over-exaderateded.(spelling??)
    Got Li-Po?

RC Qualifier
    E-Slayer would be the ultimate. I am not huge on nitro, but will buy the slayer just because of what it is.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Racer
    Previous attempts at scale-appearing 4wd trucks with wide fenders include:

Losi Class 8 conversion for the XX-4 electric 4wd buggy.

Kyosho Landmax F150 (converted from the Inferno 1/8th nitro buggy).

Duratrax Nitro Demon 1/8th scale 4wd stadium truck.
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC poster
    Why not you have a Pro 2, let's have a Pro 4. It just fits. Go Traxxas..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by !bungle
    Previous attempts at scale-appearing 4wd trucks with wide fenders include:

Losi Class 8 conversion for the XX-4 electric 4wd buggy.

Kyosho Landmax F150 (converted from the Inferno 1/8th nitro buggy).

Duratrax Nitro Demon 1/8th scale 4wd stadium truck.
    You left out the new Axial or Robotronics desert truck. The body's a little futuristic but still same basic look. And I like the real spare tire on the back.

RC Champion
    robotronics are a lil weird arent they
    @ 80% for years?

RC Racer
    I thought an E-slayer would be great, but i think no for now. What we need to do is let them have the slayer and run out the worlds supply of Nitro, then when they are crying that they can't play, we can get traxxas to shift markets. We could see an E-jato as well as the E-slayer. Sorry smokers, had to get a joke in

RC Champion
    Wow, they give us an inch we want a mile! Traxxas makes the Slash, people say "wheres the nitro slash??" the slayer is released! People say "where's the e-slayer?!" Never satisfied in the R/C world.
    Thats a bumper? I thought it was a wheelie bar!

RC Champion
    its cause they are 2 totally diff trucks...some of us have been wanting a truck sized 4wd elec rc car for a while from traxxas
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Qualifier
    an eslayer is a slash
    but the slash'z chasss is engirneered diferently
    Rusty NOVAK GTB 3s 6400mah

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4983
    an eslayer is a slash
    but the slash'z chasss is engirneered diferently
    An E-Slayer is an E-Slayer. Just because it is electric doesn't make it a Slash. They are completely different trucks. There are no similarities that count for anything.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahn
    its cause they are 2 totally diff trucks...some of us have been wanting a truck sized 4wd elec rc car for a while from traxxas

e-maxx, e-revo
    @ 80% for years?

RC Champion
    Being that this thing uses the 3.3 motor mount the rc-monster mount should bolt right onto it. I am trying to convince the wife to let me get one, sell the nitro gear and convert it to brusless. rc-m motor mount, tekno battery tray and esc mount. My neu 1515 1y + MMM on 5s lipo it may be a while before traxxas has one available for us not gas heads if ever, but that is not to say it can not be done

Many of us had e-revo's long before Traxxas produced an e-revo. this is nothing that a little ingenuity and some cash can not fix
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

Quote Originally Posted by DickyT
    Being that this thing uses the 3.3 motor mount the rc-monster mount should bolt right onto it. I am trying to convince the wife to let me get one, sell the nitro gear and convert it to brusless. rc-m motor mount, tekno battery tray and esc mount. My neu 1515 1y + MMM on 5s lipo it may be a while before traxxas has one available for us not gas heads if ever, but that is not to say it can not be done

Many of us had e-revo's long before Traxxas produced an e-revo. this is nothing that a little ingenuity and some cash can not fix
    +1! It would be easy to mod the chassis to fit an E-Revo or E-Maxx tranny into the Slayer, or mod a E-Revo to use the E-Slayer arms, driveshafts, etc. I have a converted E-Revo and I'm sticking to it though, if I can keep the thing together for 2 days in a row I'd like to enjoy it for a while. That gives Traxxas long enough to produce an E-Slayer

If they build it, we will come.

RC Champion
    e-maxx, e-revo
    uum...what an earth does that mean lol?

RC Enthusiast
    you said you wanted a truck sized 4wd elec for a while he was pointing out that you already had 2 of them the e maxx and the e revo
    Built Ford Tough, With Chevy Stuff

RC Champion
    Of the 4 previous attempts at a full fendered short course style truck, take real close note that 2 of those were conversions. No RC company has really dug deep and come out with such a full court press to get people foaming at the mouth to buy them before. Before the slash was in peoples hands spec racing classes were being formed. No doubt the same will happen with the Slayer. Traxxas has some smart folks in R&D and Marketing to whip people into a frenzy like it hasn't happened before. Kudo's for that because all it can do is elevate the hobby to the next level and bring more folks in. Why is that good? More demand will bring other companies in looking for thier chunk of the pie. Which means pricing will come down and competition will be close, plus the aftermarket will step in and provide all the upgrades we need.

I go on vacation and find this? Way to go Traxxas. Plus as a die hard electric guy, the slayer could be the one gasser I'd go for.

RC Qualifier
    They slayer in general even has the interest of a guy I know who is a big 1/8 scale buggy and truggy fan only. Hi saying that it looks cool is saying a lot.

Part of me feels the whole "Slayer" thing is where traxxas should take electric to the larger scale with 4wd.

What is the size difference between the Slayer and the slash?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomad
    Of the 4 previous attempts at a full fendered short course style truck, take real close note that 2 of those were conversions.
    That may be true, but if you really look at it, the Slash is a Stampede/Rustler conversion, and the Slayer is a 2.5 Revo conversion...

RC Champion
    you said you wanted a truck sized 4wd elec for a while he was pointing out that you already had 2 of them the e maxx and the e revo
    nooo they are monster truck sized :P

already have an e-maxx and brushless FLM rusty...want summat inbetween

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG
    It HAS been done before. Can't remember who the manufacturer was though. It was basically a typical buggy layout modified to use the new body and wheels.
    sure has...losi has em also...i think they call em "desert trucks" not sure if they have the nitro version.
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21
    e slayer - e slash, nitro slayer - nitro slash.
    They all look basically the same.
    Traxxas just changed a few little parts here and there on the slayer to just have a different name for the truck. And will most likely come out with a e slayer and nitro slash. But traxxas really needs to concentrate on making better quilaty parts for their vehicles.
    i feel ur pain...ur not gonna win in this thread. i agree traxxas should improve on some parts but u gotta give em credit tho....they are tru huslters...there are wut...FOUR versions of the REVO and they have people runnin out buyin em up like hot cakes. the trux are great beginners vehicles but i took the REVO to the limit and ended up getting a truggy to accomplish wut i was after. now the slayer/slash deal is whole other realm they will dominate like the MT scene. just like we are not excited bout this, most of these guys arent excited bout other vehicles

RC Champion
    Actually, this is what I was thinking of:

http://www.robitronic-usa.com/?secti...ils&newsid=199

Basically, a typical b/truggy setup modified for desert truck look. Converted to electric would be just about the toughest platform out there...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A Slayer would kill that thing. Plus, it's butt ugly!
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It probably would the body looks terrible and it cant be very good I have never heard of it before its probably the like Tower hobbies Tower Terror type thing if you guys understand what I mean.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    I dunno about that. Maybe in top speed and/or acceleration, but the b/truggy platform is very solid, and all the diffs are true 1/8 scale (incl the center), which makes them more durable. And converting to electric is a breeze.

Yeah, the body is kinda low, but how hard would it be to slap a slash body on there.

RC Enthusiast
    To convert to a e-slayer, wouldn't you just have to get a slayer and order the e-revo parts, or get an e-revo and get slayer body and tires?
    Dive till stuff falls off!

RC Champion
    pretty sure the sizes are actually diff...swing arms etc...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by evolution21
    Traxxas just changed a few little parts here and there on the slayer to just have a different name for the truck. And will most likely come out with a e slayer and nitro slash. But traxxas really needs to concentrate on making better quilaty parts for their vehicles.

i feel ur pain...ur not gonna win in this thread. i agree traxxas should improve on some parts but u gotta give em credit tho....they are tru huslters...there are wut...FOUR versions of the REVO and they have people runnin out buyin em up like hot cakes. the trux are great beginners vehicles but i took the REVO to the limit and ended up getting a truggy to accomplish wut i was after. now the slayer/slash deal is whole other realm they will dominate like the MT scene. just like we are not excited bout this, most of these guys arent excited bout other vehicles
    and of course rc cars are gonna look similar...theres only so many ways to do summat and traxxas have found a way they like.... and revo suspension is good..but diff sizes and lengths will produce huge handleing differences.....

EG a lotus elis and my gf's for ka have the same suspension system....buuut which one do you think handles better??

they both also have conbustion engines...which is faster tho....

bothe have 4 wheels..bothe have 2 doors....with hinges....

sooo lots and lots of similar things....but also 2 totally diff cars...
    revo

slayer

same style of suspension with diff geometry = toootally diff truck
    Last edited by Kahn; 07-11-2008 at 02:05 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ^^^i wanst comparin it to the REVO. my point was how traxxas can run sumthin in the ground and re-release it like its the latest and greatest. thats wut they did w/the revo. and thats why they've made the slayer/slash. im not knockin em @ all cuz like previously stated, their marketing department is the greatest. next is gonna be the e-slayer...lol

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry Khan I have to disagree with you a revo is a revo. The ride hight does not make it a different truck. some peole jump on the so called new revo and all they did was remove a sevo add a pipe (which they should have) ant took out the revers. The platinum revo was just a gimic to get revo owners to buy more traxxas parts and not the teckno parts. I was not impressed. As for the robotronics Ive seen that in mags for a while well befor losi came out with theres. Traxas is the last to come out so thier product should be better they have other plate forms to copy off of.
    Unlike shebly I can tune an engine

RC Qualifier
    I think some one said that the slash and the slayer are different trucks aren't they both short coures trucks the only diference is one is notro and one is electric. Thoes trucks are ok in my book I am thinking of getting my 5 year old the slash and my 10 year old the slayer

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG
    That may be true, but if you really look at it, the Slash is a Stampede/Rustler conversion, and the Slayer is a 2.5 Revo conversion...
    They may be some version of a conversion, but the key point here is they are boxed up ready to run without having to go out and buy a kit to convert an existing truck from one form to the other. Others might have tried, but never made the impact that the slash and now slayer will on the hobby. It's the total package they have put togther along with a well executed marketing program that includes an actual CORR racing team.

my point was how traxxas can run sumthin in the ground and re-release it like its the latest and greatest.
    Calling a slayer a re-release of a revo is like saying a Camaro was a re-release of a Corvette. Sure the Slayer and Revo share some common DNA in the engine and suspension design (design being the key word), but to merely call a slayer a re-release is off the mark. A re-release is like the street sport that's been around since I was a kid or a XL5 rustler coming out after the XL1 version. The slayer (and slash) share some common parts to other models, but they aren't the typical give it a new body and call it new item. In fact I bet the slayer has less common parts with a revo than the slash does with the rustler. Just look at the pics above, they didn't just slap a slash body on a revo. The designed an entirely new chassis and used a revo style of suspension with the specific intention on keeping the wheels inside the body.

RC Champion
    In fact I bet the slayer has less common parts with a revo than the slash does with the rustler. Just look at the pics above, they didn't just slap a slash body on a revo. The designed an entirely new chassis and used a revo style of suspension with the specific intention on keeping the wheels inside the body.
    It is not a new chassis, it is the Revo 2.5 chassis. The Revo pictured above is a 3.3 which is longer and not the proper comparison. The suspension components are identical as well with the exception of the pushrods which are shorter to accommodate the shorter arms. The slayer is very much a modified 2.5 revo with the 3.3 motor, shorter arms and a scale looking body.

Am I bashing it? heck no. I can not wait to put a tekno esc mount and battery tray and rc-monster motor mount on one and making a brushless e-slayer. That or buying a 2.5 chassis, the shorter arms and push rods, a body and the wheel\tire combo and converting my current converted e-revo into an e-slayer.
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    So if the Slayer and the Slash are the same truck, then I'm the Bearded Lady. The trucks are no more similar than an apple is to an orange, other than the fact that the Slash and the Slayer are modeled off CORR trucks. That's where the similarities stop (outside of wheel/tire combo, bumpers, and body). The chassis for the Slayer is completely different from the Slash. Even the bulkheads are different, so while both trucks appear to be the same on the outside, lift the shell and it's a whole other world underneath.
    Agreed.. and they certainly won't perform the same.. the slayer or a e-slayer (conversion) will blow by the slash like it wasn't even there! I would be very fearful of some of the jumps that are at most all tracks now, the bmx style doubles that launch you.. those slash's will be broke before the end of the main.. the slayers will be smiling waiting for more
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Qualifier
    hey Khan let me retract the statmen I made I missunderstood what you where saying

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They may be some version of a conversion, but the key point here is they are boxed up ready to run without having to go out and buy a kit to convert an existing truck from one form to the other. Others might have tried, but never made the impact that the slash and now slayer will on the hobby. It's the total package they have put togther along with a well executed marketing program that includes an actual CORR racing team.

Calling a slayer a re-release of a revo is like saying a Camaro was a re-release of a Corvette. Sure the Slayer and Revo share some common DNA in the engine and suspension design (design being the key word), but to merely call a slayer a re-release is off the mark. A re-release is like the street sport that's been around since I was a kid or a XL5 rustler coming out after the XL1 version. The slayer (and slash) share some common parts to other models, but they aren't the typical give it a new body and call it new item. In fact I bet the slayer has less common parts with a revo than the slash does with the rustler. Just look at the pics above, they didn't just slap a slash body on a revo. The designed an entirely new chassis and used a revo style of suspension with the specific intention on keeping the wheels inside the body.
    ur not following me....im not comparin the slayer/slash to a REVO. im just giving an example of how smooth traxxas is. they have FOUR versions of the REVO and there were similar threads like this comparin all of em. now traxxas has released these truks and everyone is excited bout em. when losi already had one. its like ur favorite player sponsoring wheaties. since theyre eatin it..u will too. im not knockin these trux @ all cuz traxxas paved the way for me to move on to other nitros and my custom PE REVO is a beast. just a lil friendly debating is all

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahn
    nooo they are monster truck sized :P

already have an e-maxx and brushless FLM rusty...want summat inbetween

i think alot of people are gonna be amazed at how big the slayer actually is...the pic may look small but the truck is pretty big (just has shorter arms)
    @ 80% for years?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsports
    i think alot of people are gonna be amazed at how big the slayer actually is...the pic may look small but the truck is pretty big (just has shorter arms)
    i was surprised when i saw the slash...havent seen the nitro yet

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21
    What? They are totally different trucks.

I want an E-Slayer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    deffinatly not alike

ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ