Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: only +50?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thats mainly because not everybody have access to a track..

The Revo have an higher center of gravity, if you had wheelies with your revo under 50mph it had poor setup for speed (no offense ), i got 54mph with a mildly modified .18TZ , no wheelies or take off.

A good big block will push the slayer over 60mph without too much problems.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am probably putting a big block in mine lol
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper392

Just a question but whats with the obsession with top speed on cars designed for the track, even the fastest 1/8th buggies barley get over 35mph on tracks with huge straights.not ment to flame just saying you can only go so fast on dirt before you have to turn.
    I wonder the same thing... I don't see why people are so obsessed with the speed- at least when it comes to R/C cars, anyway.

The fact that Slayer has a 3.3 engine is actually a turn off for me. But that's coming from the guy who thinks his Pro .15 powered N-Stampede is fast.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    i agree... but also look at the description... short track truck.....
    if anything i would go for jato gearing and make this thing a hole shooter outta the turns.... in the twisties is where it counts on short track i noticed today.... i'm crossing over to dirt so i spent the evening at the track...
    but then again... i would throw an 18 in it
    been there bought that

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I agree I dont need a super fast rc I have my Nitro Sport for that I am putting a big block in mine for more torque and sound this truck wasnt designed for 60+ speed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    I wonder the same thing... I don't see why people are so obsessed with the speed- at least when it comes to R/C cars, anyway.

The fact that Slayer has a 3.3 engine is actually a turn off for me. But that's coming from the guy who thinks his Pro .15 powered N-Stampede is fast.

I second that.. 50mph is plenty for me in the dirt..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well its 45 with stock gearing which is probably better for dirt.

RC Champion
    I know why ppl want speed outta these trucks...same reason ppl in the 1:1 world put turbos and superchargers on civics and camaros. People (kids mainly) are obsessed with speed. The faster the better. I myself fall under that catagory to...if i had the money id turbo my 2.5L inline 4 Cyl RANGER! Speed is an addiction for me. It all falls back on the hot-rodders mentality. Mine must be and will be faster/better than yours!

I however will be keeping my truck mostly stock. Im sure wheels and tires will be changed out, and there will be stiffer shocks, but im going to use this truck as a smaller type t-maxx. Something "closer" to the size of a stadium truck, so that when i drive around with friends im not huge and bulky and running them over.
    Rustler, Alias, Stampede, and Aton+