RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.

bit of a surprise

well got the newest rcca mag in today. and got a big shock when reading the article about traxxas corr racing. one of the traxxas drivers is the person who owns traxxas. that driver is mike jenkins who runs the pro 4 truck.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    I know i read that as well!

people with money like expensive hobbies! I thought R/C was expensive!

I live in the midwest and there is a big chain of home improvment stores called Menards.

The owner of that company also has an expensive hobby......Nascar!
    Paul menard is the owner of these stores.

I am self employed as well! i guess that is a good goal in life make so much money you can play with real life vehicles the way we play with ours!

RC Qualifier
    I guess I never realized it, but it makes sense. One of the Slash videos has Mike and Mark Jenkins in it, and Mike comes right out and says "our job is building r/c cars/trucks". GO TRAXXAS!! <---- That tidbit also explains the Traxxas name.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I read that also I was a pretty surprised.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    I believe Mike bought Traxxas from David Katz back in 2003.
    Last edited by BigDaddyMaxx; 06-23-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Who was the owner before him and how did he get the money to buy Traxxas?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Who was the owner before him and how did he get the money to buy Traxxas?
    In 1986, Jim Jenkins(Mike's dad) and Co-founder David Katz started Traxxas but in 1994 Jim Jenkins sold his interest to David Katz then in 2003 Mike bought it from Katz.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok thanks now I know my Traxxas history.

RC Qualifier
    wow thays pretty cool. I wonder how they came up with the name. I think it might be the TraxxAS because it is a texas based company and the tRAXXas because they make vehicles to run on tracks.

RC Champion
    I never knew that either, very interesting. I thought it was odd that Traxxas went into CORR so hard core and so quick this year. Their banners are everywhere at the CORR events.

I'd say that those drivers probably had a direct part in designing the Slash, it's easily the most realistic looking and performing RC car/truck that I've ever owned, across all categories.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyMaxx
    In 1986, Jim Jenkins(Mike's dad) and Co-founder David Katz started Traxxas but in 1994 Jim Jenkins sold his interest to David Katz then in 2003 Mike bought it from Katz.
    hey big daddy...........you have that all right!! i have a cousin that is working there for the past 11 years and said that is correct!!
    Houston,"We have a problem!!" "WHERES MY TOOLS?!?"

RC Qualifier
    1986 eh? WOOT! I'm as old as Traxxas! Okay, little kiddie joy-ride over with .

I'd have to agree with Wrathchild. The Jenkins brothers must have had some control over how the Slash looked and was developed. The Slash is unreal in how it looks and performs. My LHS FINALLY got one in and I couldn't stop looking at it and testing the suspension. It WILL be my next R/C truck purchase, but it'll be later on this summer .

RC Qualifier
    I saw that Associated is now "associated" with CORR racing! LOOK!
    Congatulations, you just read my signature

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyA.
    I know i read that as well!

people with money like expensive hobbies! I thought R/C was expensive!

I live in the midwest and there is a big chain of home improvment stores called Menards.

The owner of that company also has an expensive hobby......Nascar!
    Paul menard is the owner of these stores.

I am self employed as well! i guess that is a good goal in life make so much money you can play with real life vehicles the way we play with ours!
    Correction to this. Paul Menard is the owner John's son. Paul actually has nothing to do with the Menards store's anymore. And when he did, he just worked there while in college. I know this because I work at Menards and used to work with Paul shortly before he started his NASCAR career with Any Petree Racing. With that said I agree that people with money like expensive hobbies. I cannot wait to get my Slash, mainly because I also personally know one of the TRAXXAS drivers, Jeff Kincaid. We are from the same hometown. I would love to have it look just like his truck.

BTW, The owner John does have expensive hobbies. It started out with owning indy car teams. Now He owns the company that builds engines for CORR racing's Carl Renezeder.
    Last edited by dodge_guy43; 06-23-2008 at 10:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyBuckeye
    I saw that Associated is now "associated" with CORR racing! LOOK!
    So where's the huge "AE" logo on the Red Bull truck? Is Associated ashamed to be in the sport? At least the Traxxas guys have trucks in three classes and openly display their affiliation with Traxxas (and we all know why that is ). Looks like it's an after-thought for Associated to join CORR, hmm.

On the other hand, perhaps other companies will wise-up and start making trucks to compete with the Slash (but the Slash will always be the first, and we all know it'll have started the trend).

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    AE putting their website on the Red Bull/Bosch truck is nothing compared to traxxas fielding three trucks in as many different classes of CORR racing. if AE or Losi or anyone wants to come anywhere close to what traxxas, or heck even HPI has done, they better think long and hard about becoming the main sponsor for a CORR rig or a roadrace car (I know that indy technically isn't roadrace, but Paul Tracey is still looking for a ride, AE and Losi!) if not fielding their own race team. who knows, maybe they could get the licensing from Pro-Line to reproduce the DNA body or the Crowd Pleazer 2.0 line for the 1:1 racing scene. I highly doubt that they are going to do that, though.
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Champion
    Since traxxas advertises all their rc's are race ready maybe they ment they would leave Traxx on the other competiors butt? ( ya'll know I ment the other word but I can't get anymore warning points )
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3