RC Enthusiast

Replace that velcro!

Hello, like many people with their new slashes I had the velcro start coming off about the second time I removed the body. Rather than glue it down or replace it, I was looking for a more convenient method of holding the body sides that would allow easier body removal. While wandering through the local hardware store I saw some flexible magnetic rubber tape so I picked it up. Well I just finished puting it on and it looks like it's going to work very well.

This is the product I used, about $3 for a 10'x1/2" roll and it has 3M adhesive on the back, but I'm sure others will work well also:
    http://www.natman.com/prodinfo_itemd...1592&item=6418

RC Qualifier
    I just junked my velcro....not sure what purpose it was to serve anyway.
    If the idea was to keep bodies from getting tangled up while racing thats okay I guess....but doesn't seem like it would be a very common thing to happen anyway.

RC Racer
    I took mine off also, I don't see the purpose, it was just annoying !
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Enthusiast
    lol, i had no choice, just came off, oh well, you guys are the veterans around here and if you say its not important then i am going to leave mine off as well.

RC Racer
    Mine peeled off after the 2nd time I pulled the lit off. Reglued it and punched some heavy duty staples through it.

RC Qualifier
    Was yours coming off the body, or the rub rails? Or both?
    MARBETH Racing

RC poster
    my velcro came off the rails

RC Champion
    Mine came off the rails second day, so I replaced that side with some heavy duty velcro. That held well, but a few days later the velcro on the body came off. Replaced that as well, no worries now.
    Traxxas racing!

I think the only thing the velcro does is keep the body from slapping the nerf bars and making a bunch of noise.

RC Qualifier
    I took the hook side off the body but left the soft side on the nerfs to keep the body from rattling on them.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Qualifier
    removed mine as it came out of the box. Replaced w/ duct tape (on the body ).couldn`t be happier w/ the results.Also taped inner fenders front and rear.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I ran it through a few packs today at a dirt field so got to see if the magnets held. So far they seem to work very well. I even let a kid that was watching take it for a spin and he drove it into the nearest mud hole! Not that I hadn't asked him to try and keep it out of there because I wasn't in the mood to do the wash'n dry thing.
    Even after the dunking it is holding up much better than the velcro did and it keeps the sides held on nicely.

Like a few have mentioned above, I agree that the velcro only seems to be to keep the body from flapping or rubbing on the nerf bars. Might be also be more secure for close racing where trucks are rubbing against one another.

Sure, you could run without something on the nerf bars but unless you cover the inside with duct tape or something similar the paint will rub off.

Anyways, just putting an idea out there for those that might want to try it.

RC Qualifier
    I like the magnetic tape idea, i am on my second set of velcro. seems to only come off the nerf bars. I also broke a nerf bar, hitting a wall, they are not avaiable yet..
    EREVOs, Slashes, 1/16 Slash, EMAXX, VXL Villain

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rob
    I took the hook side off the body but left the soft side on the nerfs to keep the body from rattling on them.
    Did the same thing, and it seems to be keeping the paint from rubbing off

RC Qualifier
    I tried zip ties, but they still came off... I like the magnet idea. Duct tape seems like it would just cause more problems.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rob
    that's what I did