Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Slash at hobbytown

Has any one seen a Slash at hobby town I have never seen one at my two local hobbytowns and on there online store it says there sold out.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

hahahahaha Hobbytown having something that came out 1 or 2 weeks ago. My hobbytown doesn't get that stuff till about a month after it comes out.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Competitor
    the hobbytown here called me the day they got them and set one aside for me ive had mine for almost two weeks
    If it ain't broken fix it till it is.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Has any one seen a Slash at hobby town I have never seen one at my two local hobbytowns and on there online store it says there sold out.
    what hobbytown's do u go 2?
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I go to Wilsonville and Happy Valley. I go to the Wilsonvile one more because its closer but the happy valley one has way more Parts.
    http://www.hobbytown.com/StoreLocato...spx?StateID=OR

RC Champion
    I go to Wilsonville and Happy Valley. I go to the Wilsonvile one more because its closer but the happy valley one has way more Parts.
    http://www.hobbytown.com/StoreLocato...spx?StateID=OR
    yeah i go 2 the 1 in happy vly.
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    We actually go there so much they know are names and I can probably get a job there he said.

RC Champion
    We actually go there so much they know are names and I can probably get a job there he said.
    yeah randy and ****, they no me. when i call they say "hi (name)"
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Qualifier
    My local HT USA said he did not order any because he didn't think they would sell that good. I told him it was obvious he hadn't been keeping up with it. I sent him some of these post and he has since ordered a few. Idiot!
    Support your local hobby shop!

RC Qualifier
    Our Hobbytown got one in and an employee bought it. They are starting a new class at the track for them. But they are making it a stock only class, absolutely no upgrades. So most guys are going to buy two and mod the snot out of the second one to run in unlimited.

RC Qualifier
    uh, I thought that you could help me figure that out.
    it would be so great if my local HTU would get some in. I'm quite frankly getting a bit tired of trying to live vicariously through you all who are lucky enough to have slashes. I want my own now!
    GOT MY SLASH AND BEATING THE LIVING POO OUT OF IT!

RC Qualifier
    Supposedly, the Hobby Town near me will be getting a Slash by the end of this week. MAXXXMASHER told me that the Slash was supposed to have been sent to our Hobby Town Friday of last week, but sounded unsure of it. Oh well. I just want to see one in person.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Champion
    None of the employees at my local hobbytown have heard of a slash before. They thought it was a boat. They do not plan on ordering any, only special order on electrics.

RC Qualifier
    I feel sorry for you outkast. your local HTU definitely needs better trained people.

RC Qualifier
    Those guys work in a hobby store and they've never heard of the latest and greatest from the Traxxas camp? That's downright sacrilegious.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i know the hobbytown i worked at needs someone liek me to stay on top of new traxxas releases.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    The one I work for is still waiting on theirs, as well as E-Revo's.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    The problem with Hobbytown is they have to sell board games, science fair stuff, marbles, etc.; not that there's something wrong with that. It just attracts a different crowd than a shop that only sells rc stuff. We get a lot of people that come in and ask if they can get a really fast rc for fifty bucks! Hardcore RCers come in and want the latest bodies, trucks, BL stuff, etc...it's hard to have it all when a lot of inventory dollars are tied up in kiddie toys!! Still waiting on my Slash......
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC poster
    Our Hobbytown has 4 of them and they are good about stocking the major parts most guys need. I worked at that HobbyTown for 4 years and the problem is that you generally get stuck with whatever you buy if the customer decides not to buy it. Most companies dont take returns. The HobbyTown owners cant afford to take that chance so they stock a variety of everything to meet the needs of everyone. The other problem is the internet. When a kid comes in and wants you to match a price on the internet and you dont, then he thinks you are trying to cheat him. Of cousre that same idiot wants you to work on his Wingchangfu Hobbies Chinese piece of crap and when you tell him that you dont stock those parts, he doesn't understand why.
    Anyhow, I advise those of you who want a Slash to go to HobbyTown, put you $$ on the counter and say order one for me. If Horizon and Tower have them, then HobbyTown can get them as well. Horizon and Tower are the retail outlets of the major distributors.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER
    Hardcore RCers come in and want the latest bodies, trucks, BL stuff, etc...it's hard to have it all when a lot of inventory dollars are tied up in kiddie toys!! Still waiting on my Slash......
    *Raises hand*

If Hobbytown wasn't so close to me and the staff so nice , I'd hit up Kranzel's. What MAXXXMASHER said is 100% true. There are parts there in the R/C section, but as luck would have it, never the parts I need . I'm forever having to special order stuff, save for one part that I purchased yesterday.

RC Qualifier
    willsonville is the hobbytown i got to couse its the closest to my pad. they got all the fixxer parts for my pede so i always go there when i can...

RC Champion
    Yeah the fact that hobbytown has to carry more than just R/C is sad but the fun thing about it is going in and asking "the board game guy" a bunch of questions about R/C. I love just watching his face turn blank LOL. The owner is pretty cool so I go there. They have my second slash sitting at the store.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!

RC Enthusiast
    I just picked up my second slash today at a hobbytown. They got 8 today at their north store and supposedly have a tracking number for another 4 that will get here later today at the south store. They have had 3 EREVOs sitting on the shelf for a day now. They Do NOT deal directly through traxxas either they go through horizon I believe. I used to work there.

RC Qualifier
    Matt_B, what part of the country do you live in? east coast perhaps? *crosses fingers* I just want to know about when my slash might be at my local HTU

RC Competitor
    i work at a hobbytown store in western pa. we have the slashes, but e-revos are tough to come by

They Do NOT deal directly through traxxas either they go through horizon I believe.
    hobbytown has a warehouse in lincoln, ne that they buy things in bulk from. this is called the "buyer's club" and hobbytown owners can get certain popular items (most traxxas vehicles, common parts, etc) at a discounted price since hobbytown buys them in such volume. however, with so many stores, and only so much warehouse space, the things in need aren't always in stock, and sometimes franchise owners will wait a week or two to save the extra bucks over ordering the stuff from horizon, great planes, hrp or wherever they get their orders from, usually a combination of all 3.

anyway - my store has them. if your store doesn't, you can special order one and it will come to the store with your name on it.
    - traxxas is the best. bar none.

RC Racer
    Matt_b and myself are in Austin TX, mine is on hold and I'll be picking it up in 1 hr. I'm totally stoked, been waiting patiently (?) since the first mention that it was coming out from Traxxas!
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Qualifier
    ah, I just found out today that my local HTU (Richmond, VA) is supposed to get theirs in at around noon or one tomorrow. looks like I know what fast food joint I'm eating lunch at. there's a mickey Ds within walking distance of my local HTU. take a wild guess what sort of food the employees eat around lunch time?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by carcrusher2
    i work at a hobbytown store in western pa. we have the slashes, but e-revos are tough to come by

hobbytown has a warehouse in lincoln, ne that they buy things in bulk from. this is called the "buyer's club" and hobbytown owners can get certain popular items (most traxxas vehicles, common parts, etc) at a discounted price since hobbytown buys them in such volume. however, with so many stores, and only so much warehouse space, the things in need aren't always in stock, and sometimes franchise owners will wait a week or two to save the extra bucks over ordering the stuff from horizon, great planes, hrp or wherever they get their orders from, usually a combination of all 3.

anyway - my store has them. if your store doesn't, you can special order one and it will come to the store with your name on it.

X2 CC2, we got ours from Lincoln this after noon as well as the E-Revos, already took the E-Revo out and beat up on it behind the store while on lunch to the point that I rolled it once

RC Competitor
    Got a call from Hobbytown in South Dakota and got my blue slash in and ready for me to pick up. On Wed morning will get it and buying a brushless system at the same time. I will run it only a couple times stock then will change the oil in the shocks add the brushless and will even get some new tread to run on. I am going to make this sick fast. Oh and by the way they even got the E-Revo now that is a damm big truck !
    Speed is not expensive but it can be costly

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by watsong1
    Oh and by the way they even got the E-Revo now that is a damm big truck !
    Yup, showed mine to Mom and first two things out of her mouth was about how big the truck is and that it looks like some huge insect......she also told me my Losi Micro Desert Truck looked like some mangy little mouse running around the living room

RC Qualifier
    Hobby town in Orland park also got a few slash's in along with a couple of e-revo's.

I picked up one of each.
    But the slash is a sloppy truck trying to handle with Brushless

RC Competitor
    Picked up my Slash today with a Velineon brushless and got some Jato tires and rims. Wow this body is big looking but i did not even run it with stock setup. Got metal caps for the shocks put 70wt oil in them put the brushless in. Called my friend that has a T-Maxx 2.5 and went out bashing with him first went to a park that had a really big open lot paved and started running he could not keep up. I would even gave him a head start i would still pass him WOW damm fast running 5000 MiMh. Packed things up and went to another place this time all dirt. i was suprised at how long i was able to run on one battery i must of had at least 30 minutes of run time. I cant put into words how impressed i am with the Slash. I will be running it more than my
    E-Maxx 3905 the slash is way more fun. I found a couple areas where i could catch some air and the truck flew just fine. I am just one happy camper

RC Qualifier
    HobbyTown in South Austin had 2 on the shelf as of wed(06/19)
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Racer
    HobbyTown in North Austin only has 1 left -they sold 7 on Tuesday...
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Competitor
    OMG those tires that come on the Slash the rubber is not the best in 4 days i have worn down the tread in the center of the rear tires almost bald. i do have a lot of tire spin with the brushless and powering it with 5000 nimh.
    Also who do i have to contact to get the Posting Attachments turned on

RC Champion
    my hobbytown has had them for about two weeks my wife had them hold one for me so now i have one tooooooo!
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by watsong1
    OMG those tires that come on the Slash the rubber is not the best in 4 days i have worn down the tread in the center of the rear tires almost bald. i do have a lot of tire spin with the brushless and powering it with 5000 nimh.
    Also who do i have to contact to get the Posting Attachments turned on

rotate your fronts to the rear.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Qualifier
    My HTU has had them for a week now, and I bought the first one from them yesterday.
    RadioControlDecals.com
    Custom Name Decals & More

RC Qualifier
    My hobby town said about 1 week ago they weren't even out. I only like my hobby town because if i need something very very simple they have it but other than that i also have to have then special order things.
    I need a new signature...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I'm getting my Slash TODAY!!!!!!!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10