RC Champion

slash at the beach...

I plan on taking my truck to the beach will run decent in the loose stuff...and what about cleaning. I also bought this battery http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXL370&P=ML to charge the my venom 5000 7c will this work ok and how long will it take to charge the venom battery....I'll be using the prophet plus charger...

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    Keep in mind the spur and pinion are open to the sand. I got a ton of dirt in mine and stripped out a gear today. I was running in loose dirt. I'm really suprised it's not sealed.
    Get your vote on.

RC Racer
    Also straight out of the box you only have bushings not sealed bearings so the grit will destroy a set of axles, and steering bellcranks in a short time. If you run on a beach specially an ocean front beach (with salt in the sand) plan on doing a full tear down and cleaning.
    I am not young enough to know everything!

RC Qualifier
    Frog season opens at sunset June 30th and closes October 31 every year.
    It come with sealed bearings. Hex hardware also. Very nice set up for the price. Clean it when your done and bring some wd40. Half way through the day open the side cover for the spur and make sure you don't have it filled with sand.
    Get your vote on.

RC Qualifier
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Can the slash use normal 2.2 rims?
    ⓘ ©ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Can the slash use normal 2.2 rims?
    Im pretty sure it can
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Champion

RC Racer
    Um, dude... those are for the 1/5th scale HPI Baja Gas buggy, so - nope!
    Dirk
    Slash,#3905 E-Maxx,Rustler,Stampede,9 more

RC Champion
    look at the price
    if you can control it, it is too slow

RC Champion
    they will i had a set with step pins on mine for a heat at the track today i was better off running the stock tires though

RC Champion
    will these rims fit http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXTVY1&P=ML? will those hpi sand tires fit on these rims also....
    Last edited by macz; 06-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.

RC Champion

slash wheel size?

Is it 12mm hex?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by macz
    will these rims fit http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXTVY1&P=ML? will those hpi sand tires fit on these rims also....
    As far as the hexes are concerned, by looking up the part number on the exploded view (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNMR8&P=ML) they are 12mm and will accept the wheel. The next question would be if that tire and wheel combo would fit under the body... I couldn't find specs on the height of the stock Slash tires/wheels. Those tires you were looking at are 4 inches in diameter. So, yes, they would work. You might need to raise the body some to clear those paddles though.
    If it's wet, sticky, and not yours..DONT TOUCH IT!

RC Champion
    you guys think the stock tires will be ok for the beach?

RC Champion

Exclamation

hahahaha.... i actually laugh out loud..... lol
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Racer
    get proline sand paws and hpi sand runner tire. and traxxas white dish 2.2 rimes.
    rear http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT99&P=7
    front http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p?&I=LXRSK1&
    rims for rear http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ86&P=7
    rims for front http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ87&P=7

and that should b good
    tmaxx picco26, 3905, micro-t

RC Racer
    Those front wheels are not 12mm hex. They carry bearings in the wheels and are for the current Nitro Traxxas Rustler & Stampede, as well as some older electrics that are out of production. You would have to replace some front-end components to use them on a Slash.
    Dirk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by !bungle
    Those front wheels are not 12mm hex. They carry bearings in the wheels and are for the current Nitro Traxxas Rustler & Stampede, as well as some older electrics that are out of production. You would have to replace some front-end components to use them on a Slash.
    According to the exploded view http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/5805_front.pdf They have hexes on the front. Can anyone who has one now confirm this for us?

RC Racer
    The Slash, Electric Rustler, & Electric Stampede all use 12mm hex front wheels. I'm not sure what you're asking, here - my point was the http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ87&P=7 Traxxas white "Dish" 2.2 wheels are NOT 12mm hex and will not work properly... just trying to help keep someone from ordering wheels and having to send them back.
    Dirk

RC Qualifier
    The Slash, Electric Rustler, & Electric Stampede all use 12mm hex front wheels. I'm not sure what you're asking, here - my point was the http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJJ87&P=7 Traxxas white "Dish" 2.2 wheels are NOT 12mm hex and will not work properly... just trying to help keep someone from ordering wheels and having to send them back.
    Misread your post. I thought you were saying that the front didn't use hexes.

RC Racer
    It's all good, my man...

The offsets of Slash wheels are not very much different from front to rear. I wouldn't recommend using the front wheels from the Rustler or Stampede on a Slash because they aren't going to tuck under the fenders. They are wider and have a much different offset. To stay under the fenders and not have major rub issues I'd try to use narrow wheels and tires. Also remember that many aftermarket 2.2 tires are much taller than Slash tires and will rub as well. Since I'm still patiently waiting on my LHS to get the Slash in, I have not been able to get exact measurements of their wheels, offsets, and tires. With everyone mentioning a slight rubbing issue even at stock settings it will be that much more important to find the right size replacements if you want to customize the Slash. Based on the rough measurements I have read, I'm thinking that "narrowed" rock crawler-type 2.2 diameter wheels will be the best way to go. RPM, Pro-Line and Axial make them, and I'm sure there are more on their way. For tires, finding the same width AND diameter is more difficult. Buggy 2.2 rears will be the right width but smaller in diameter, and regular stadium truck tires will be wider and, in some cases, taller. We will have to wait & see what new products come available that suit the Slash best!
    Dirk

RC Qualifier
    Just in case anyone wants to see what the Slash looks like with Paddles on the back...

RC Qualifier
    It's all good, my man...

The offsets of Slash wheels are not very much different from front to rear. I wouldn't recommend using the front wheels from the Rustler or Stampede on a Slash because they aren't going to tuck under the fenders. They are wider and have a much different offset. To stay under the fenders and not have major rub issues I'd try to use narrow wheels and tires. Also remember that many aftermarket 2.2 tires are much taller than Slash tires and will rub as well. Since I'm still patiently waiting on my LHS to get the Slash in, I have not been able to get exact measurements of their wheels, offsets, and tires. With everyone mentioning a slight rubbing issue even at stock settings it will be that much more important to find the right size replacements if you want to customize the Slash. Based on the rough measurements I have read, I'm thinking that "narrowed" rock crawler-type 2.2 diameter wheels will be the best way to go. RPM, Pro-Line and Axial make them, and I'm sure there are more on their way. For tires, finding the same width AND diameter is more difficult. Buggy 2.2 rears will be the right width but smaller in diameter, and regular stadium truck tires will be wider and, in some cases, taller. We will have to wait & see what new products come available that suit the Slash best!
    By taking a closer look at the pics of the tire/wheel...
    It would appear that the sizes of the tire is 4.3" tall and 1.7" wide with a 2.2" rim. As long as you stay under that 4.3" height you should be ok. But as bungle said, without exact measurement, who knows...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skellyo
    Just in case anyone wants to see what the Slash looks like with Paddles on the back...

Looks tight! Are those the Axial Rocksters on the back?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SkulliWulli
    Looks tight! Are those the Axial Rocksters on the back?
    Yep, sure are. I had them sitting in my stack o'stuff from running my Rustler on the beach last summer. They do not clear the wheel wells with any compression of the rear suspension though, so the body would have to be trimmed a bit to be usable.

RC Qualifier
    OMG That Is sooo Sick! I wish My LHS would hurry and get a Slash ! ! Its Killin" Me ! I Need One !
    Paddle Tires Make Everything Better

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Now you need to try and put talons on one...JK! That would be hideous. I hope some aftermarket companies will make slash specific tires.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

remember to wash the motor out thoroughly after your beach trip, I just learned about salty sand in the motor the hard way spent a few hours cleaning my orion sv2 23t on my pede lots of sand and corrosion not fun at all...so I can imagine a titan will really not like the sand or salt.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519
    remember to wash the motor out thoroughly after your beach trip, I just learned about salty sand in the motor the hard way spent a few hours cleaning my orion sv2 23t on my pede lots of sand and corrosion not fun at all...so I can imagine a titan will really not like the sand or salt.
    I don't have any problems with my sealed motor cans on my BL vehicles.

Oddly enough my emaxx didn't have any probs either I just washed it out and wd40'ed the steel parts and it still runs great
    Donít handicap children by making life easy