Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    Thanks a lot all for the positive comments

Behind the fun, there is a sad reality... :

And behind this sad reality, there is a lot of fun
    OMG!!! those are rpm tru-traks! that is crazy! i havnt done that to mine yet! but you get a video of it?
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by s-maxxer
    OMG!!! those are rpm tru-traks! that is crazy! i havnt done that to mine yet! but you get a video of it?
    A vid of the crash ? No... The right back wheel banged a wall at 33mph... Stupid error of driving

RC Champion

First lipo step !

Guess what...

Yes, I'm ready for lipo

I will soon buy the Hyperion EOS0610iDUO Balance Charger with four 2s 8000mAh lipo batteries to have the best runtime . I don't know yet if I will buy SPC or TrueRC lipo batteries (only these brands produce affordable 8000mAh batteries...). We will see !

RC Qualifier
    Hello Popoxx

It’s going to be a mean car with those LiPo 800mAh.

Just one question, why did you buy the smart-stop, don’t you have it already built in the esc?

Best Regards
    Mikael
    Sweden

RC Champion
    Thanks E-maxx Sweden

In fact I have the old HV6.5 ESC (= without the built-in LVC). And I bought the 5mm motor shaft All the options I use is page 6 in my option list

RC Qualifier
    Nice carnage dude. Interesting though- when you concider how people drive around the Eiffel Tower (or is it Le Arc D'triumph without road markings?), its not suprizing that happend to your truck, lol...
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Champion
    What ?? You are saying that the Parisian are reckless drivers ??

Yes... it's true And you're right, the crossroads of the Arc de Triomphe is the most dangerous of Paris !

RC Champion
    good thing those are RPM parts, you can get them replaced for free. Have you tried yet? They gave you any smack about returning them?
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    I have never tested RPM's Warranty Police But when I read that http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/faq/warranty.htm, I prefer to buy directly another part rather than wasting my time and wait for a long time before I can run my E-Maxx again...

RC Qualifier
    What's that sitting next to the smart stop?

RC Champion
    It's a voltage checker to see the voltage of each cell of a lipo battery. Very useful to see if there is a dead or an under-charged cell

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx, nice truck. One thing you can do to make it look alittle cleaner is wrap the fixed end of the battery strap under the chassis (through the battery slot) and secure it with the same screw you use to fix the battery tray. Or if you dont want to pull it all the way under the chassis, you can just wrap it under the battery tray and secure it with the same screw. I cant believe you broke those RPM parts!! ive never broken one of mine, and i bash pretty hard!

RC Champion
    Good idea but I can't do that (not enough place under the chassis). Moreover I'm testing new straps, same design as the Gorillamaxx ones but stronger (I hope ).

RC Qualifier
    nice! if you get the spc lipos let us know how they are i want to get some.
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Champion
    so there is no way you can use the receiver box with the FLM chassis? So pretty much when you get a FLM chassis your Maxx can no longer be water-proof?
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    Yes it's a pity You can use the stock receiver box only if you use one steering servo. If you want a waterproof E-Maxx keep the stock chassis and if you want the FLM chassis change your desires Moreover an alu chassis in the water... I see rust problems in my crystal ball

RC Champion
    Yes it's a pity You can use the stock receiver box only if you use one steering servo. If you want a waterproof E-Maxx keep the stock chassis and if you want the FLM chassis change your desires Moreover an alu chassis in the water... I see rust problems in my crystal ball

Aluminum doesn't rust, but all of the screws/bearings/diff outputs/ and any thing else steel could. and they're are other covers out there.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...BOX+&search=Go
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Champion
    2things, spc lipos kick balls and what reciever box is out there that will allow you to continue to use the 2servos with the FLM chassis?
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    which one of those reciever boxes would the Traxxas receiver fit into good and fit on the FLM chassis?
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by madd_maxx08
    which one of those reciever boxes would the Traxxas receiver fit into good and fit on the FLM chassis?
    and allow you to keep dual servo's.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Sorry madd_maxx08 and akrimmel but I'm not going to buy a receiver box. If you want to install one, just use a square box less wide (3mm) than the stock one

RC Champion
    wasn't asking you too. was curious if anyone has solved this problem!!!1
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    I think I'm the only one who bought and installed the FLM chassis on this forum, but not for a long time I guess

RC Champion
    im sure i will eventually get one once i gotten brushless after xmas lol :P
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Qualifier
    You Should send in for another free RPM so when or if you snap another A-Arm your covered..Thats what i did
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Qualifier
    Popoxx, as soon as my things arrive (most of it will get here tomorrow) I'll start to work out those problems.

Start to think to put the receiver box on top of 4 posts, above the servos in the center position if it fits?

Regards
    E-maxx Sweden
    Last edited by E-maxx Sweden; 11-06-2008 at 06:53 PM.

RC Champion

VIdeo ViDEo vIDeo viDeO

New vid !! Only big jumps !!

I returned to the Skate Park to make only big jumps
    Enjoy : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AiG-aEqpalc (don't forget to watch it in high quality ).

RC Champion
    awesome flips and great control over the truck!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by madd_maxx08

i don't have an flm chassis well not yet any ways but if you ask nicely popoxx might give us some dimensions so we can find out what one will fit.

RC Champion
    that would be great. if we knew one that would!!!
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    I hope this help :

Note : the distance between the two screw holes of the stock Traxxas receiver box is also 3.8mm.

RC Champion
    Thats retarded. Spending $100+ for an aluminum chassis and can't even use stock Traxxas parts on it. And you have to Dremel on it and cut it up. Don't think so, got better things to spend 100 buks on...
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    I hope this help :

Note : the distance between the two screw holes of the stock Traxxas receiver box is also 3.8mm.

who says you need to screw it in place shoe goo or good servo tape will hold it in place. will the stock box physically fit in that space?

RC Champion
    madd_maxx08 : sure it's a shame. But given that I can do what I want (bash, bash & bash ) with the FLM chassis, I forgive FLM .

Apexracing : here is the problem :

You can cut the part to the right of the red line so that the box fits the chassis :

RC Champion
    does that compromise the waterproofing aspect?
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    sure looks like it would...

thats crazy...
    E-maxx 3905-SOLD!!!

-Losi 8ight buggy nitro

RC Champion
    I found a solution : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMNK5&P=ML With this balloon your receiver will be really waterproof

If you don't want to buy the FLM chassis because of the receiver box which doesn't fit, honestly it's a pity. This chassis is unbreakable

RC Champion
    if your gonna cut it like that u might as well just lose the reciever box and you cutting right through all the seals and put the reciever in a baloon and velcro it into the gap. thus making ur job faaar easier lol :P
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Champion
    I found a solution : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMNK5&P=ML With this balloon your receiver will be really waterproof

If you don't want to buy the FLM chassis because of the receiver box which doesn't fit, honestly it's a pity. This chassis is unbreakable

yeah popoxx thanks for that diagram i didn't know the space was that tight looks bigger on their web site. i wonder why they moved the servos in like that. i bet thats why the stock steering setup doesn't work either because the servos are too close too the chassis braces. i guess if it were me i'd just use a spektrum pro receiver as they are water proof/resistant.

RC Qualifier
    Great video Pop.

On the rx box issue, I wouod say to the moaner(s) that it really isnt an issue; the rx box isnt actually 100% water tight anyway, so the better solution wouod be the ballon, or some shrink wrap over it once all the plugs are in place, as that will prevent water entering the openings. You could also mount the rx box on stand offs so it sits higher than the servos, or on the servos, thus retaining its integrity.

Its all about modification, iniative and ingenuity to over come issues; if you are unwilling to put in a little time and thought in order to upgrade and improve, then you might as well stay with a bone stock truck and keep replacing stock parts as they break.
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.