Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vtek
    hi poppox i've had my emax 3905 little over a year now and i see that its turning very much like yours BTW your truck is awsome i have mostly rpm parts, true tracks towers arms skids bumper..... also single motor plate cover and brake disc clutch conversion, and my MMM on 2x2s Intellect Lipo what do youthink of your MMM over your novak also do you have no probs with shafts twisting snapping etc, also diffs mine have held so far unlike my rear drive shafts you still use stock right??? btw i drive my maxx extremely hard almost abusive you could say but i there ny other a to drive your max???
    Hi vtek !
    The MMM works good up to now : no glitching, no cogging, powerful ESC, perfect ! I just had to cover the fan and to put the switch in a balloon. My Novak HV6.5 was great too, but it was more an ESC for beginners : plug & play and not too powerful !
    Concerning my center driveshafts (FLM) and diffs (stock), they hold out ! Maybe it's because I don't tighten too much the slipper and I use a 4S setup I think I replaced my front and rear diffs once in 2 years.
    Don't hesitate to post pics of your truck and bash it hard of course !

RC Racer
    cool yes my slipper is pretty tight but i like it like that i recently noticed when my wwheelie bar came off i could do standing backflips with the emaxx, i really like the fact that it backflips on 4s but my rear driveshafts twisted really bad and completely snapped so i fixed it and the rear bulks broke i would really like the ultimate basher so i ordered GARC 7075 T6 Bulks f&R but don't know about the shafts traxxas cv's look a little weak for MMM power what would you suggest?i know you use stock are they the best to just replace every once in a while or are there indistructable ones out there? i really like the standing backflips WOW factor, people stare in disbeleif and the Nitro drivers go green!! hehe

RC Champion
    Try KD (http://204.186.93.64/NewE-Maxx-CenterDogBone.htm), MIP (http://www.miponline.com/MIP/t-a10-emaxx-wide.html) or Integy (http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...76&p_catid=144)

I know there is a thread on the ERBE forum about which ones are the best but I think they didn't find the answer
    KD center driveshafts are like my FLM ones so I think they can do the job

My 2cents

RC Competitor
    DO NOT BUY THE MIP ONES!
    I know on the website it says for the new E-maxx but they are not! Only suit the older E-maxx. Plus MIP won't answer e-mails about it, I have even tried to call them a few times but won't answer the phone.

Here is my ebay auction if you want them
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

and the center ones
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....STRK:MESELX:IT

RC Racer
    no i'm talking about the cv driveshafts going to the wheels not the center one! sorry din't clarify specifically on the right rear suppose thats where the diff unloads the most under heavy accelleration because of the torque twist

RC Competitor
    And I'm referring to the center cv's and the cv's to the wheels. MIP's shafts do not suit the 3905 E-maxx unlike what the website says and only suit the older 3906 E-maxx. I just sold the ones I bought from their website on ebay in unopened packaging. Yes I got burnt but hopefully I can save someone else from the same fate.
    Last edited by hotmetal1000; 09-21-2009 at 06:44 AM.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the heads up what do you have traxxas CVD's?

Those KD Shafts look like the thing!)for the center though!)

RC Competitor
    Yeah I ended up buying the traxxas ones and they seem ok so far.
    I was doing some bashing yesterday and the E-maxx cartwheeled down the bank and landed corner first on the bitumen. Snapped the rear bulkhead and the rear skid so more parts on the way.

RC Racer
    yeah ill prolly end up getting traxxas CVD's, yeah bulkheads are a pain i'm getting FLM 7075 waiting for them to arrive, sick of stock ones breaking! thanx guys great help!)

poppox you going to have to revise the drive shaft layout soon now that you have MMM!)

RC Champion
    poppox you going to have to revise the drive shaft layout soon now that you have MMM!)
    You know I have always used the stock driveshafts and the only thing I damaged are the blue rubber boots I need to jump high, not to go fast, so the transmission doesn't suffer a lot

RC Champion
    yeah ill prolly end up getting traxxas CVD's, yeah bulkheads are a pain i'm getting FLM 7075 waiting for them to arrive, sick of stock ones breaking! thanx guys great help!)

Plus he's got the MMM set-up pretty mildly. Which is wise.

Oh and vtek, all the FLM bulks are 6061. If you want 7075 you are looking for GARC. Or UE. lol
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Competitor
    Hey Popoxx, I am considering going brushless and thinking on the Novak 6.5 system and wanted your opinion on it. I have seen your vids, amazing by the way, and it seemed to keep up with you. What speeds were you seeing when you had it? Any issues I should know about? I have tried to do some research on the system, and if anyone knows anything on it, it'd be you. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last famous words- "DUDE, GO HIGHER!"

RC Racer
    what is so bad about mip,been using them for 5 years now never had issues with them,and there a great company to deal with

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by freakcoyote
    Hey Popoxx, I am considering going brushless and thinking on the Novak 6.5 system and wanted your opinion on it. I have seen your vids, amazing by the way, and it seemed to keep up with you. What speeds were you seeing when you had it? Any issues I should know about? I have tried to do some research on the system, and if anyone knows anything on it, it'd be you. Thanks for your help in advance.
    I think Popoxx said somewhere that the Novak system is very basic compared to MMM.

I've seen Popoxx E-Maxx when it was Novak powered. I now have an ezRun powered E-Maxx. I can say the ezRun compares very well to the Novak, but has better tunability with the program card.

So my recommendation would be to go either the MMM route for ultimate power and tunability or go the ezRun route for a cheaper alternative while maintaining good tunability.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dane walton
    what is so bad about mip,been using them for 5 years now never had issues with them,and there a great company to deal with
    I have had dealings with them in the past too and always liked their products but they screwed me over on the E-maxx driveshafts and then wouldn't fix it, so I repeat do not buy MIP cvd's for the new E-maxx, they will not fit.
    Last edited by hotmetal1000; 09-28-2009 at 04:31 PM.

RC Racer
    if you look at their website they don't even make driveshafts for the new emaxx

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    thats for old emaxx 3906

RC Competitor
    Then why is there a picture there of a new E-maxx with 3905 written below it and then below that a link saying click here for the original E-maxx without the new widemaxx suspension?

RC Champion
    Because MIP is junk anyway so dont even mess with them.
    BLEmaxx-3905
    Fam. last words-Hey yall watch this!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by J-DUB
    Because MIP is junk anyway so dont even mess with them.
    I wouldn't have gone that far. I did use there cvd's in my older E-maxx years ago but never had brushless back then. Brushless was only just starting to come out.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Popoxx
    Finished !

I installed my new radio system very quickly. It's plug & play ! I like that
    I look forward to using my E-Maxx this weekend !

I love the short antenna
    how did you migrate the two servos on the one board?
    they need to make the post limit longer

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by freakcoyote
    The Novak Pro HV6.5 is a great BL system : plug & play (just solder your favorite high current connectors), reliable, easy to use. It's perfect for people who don't want to get bored with complicated ESC settings and who don't want to go crazy fast. I think I was able to reach 35mph and it was really enough for my driving style. So if you are a basher who are looking for simplicity and reliability, go Novak ! My 2cents PM me if you have special questions

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by broam
    how did you migrate the two servos on the one board?
    I use this harness : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EC16&search=Go.
    This one is cheaper : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHFN4&P=ML.

RC Racer
    ahhh ok well im lookin for brushless setup but i dont have that much money what would you sugest???
    they need to make the post limit longer

RC Champion
    Have a look at Hobbywing EZRUN BL systems : http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=436, they are the cheapest BL systems and according to the reviews on this forum they are reliable. I know nothing about these systems so if you have questions start a thread or use the search button

And if you have glitching problems, you can use this cheap and good 2.4Ghz radio : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWPW0&P=7.

My 2cents

RC Racer
    nice what radio did u get i see the futaba receiver, i love Futaba their equipment is AWSOME , also yeah i knowi 've got my settings on maximum power delivery but i like it that way! so i'm trying to make it tough enough!! who is the hardest basher(Truck abuser) on the forum??? see if there is any thing for shafts that CANNOT be broken or twisted!!!

RC Champion
    I don't know who is the hardest basher here
    Not enough bash session vids to appraise

I think I bash mine very hard and I have never twisted a shaft (except the input shaft/drive : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKP6&P=7 ).

But there are a lot of speed addicted (on the E-Maxx forum and above all ERBE forum) who often twist their driveshafts ! I advise you to ask your question here for example : http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...449267&page=31.

RC Champion
    Upgrade switch ! From RPM to FLM.

Yes I received my FLM shock towers

They fit perfectly ! Just be sure of installing them in the right way so that the body posts are aligned with the body holes

I like the system to screw the top of the shocks : one long screw and one nut. I hope it's sturdy though

Some pics :

RC Champion

I think they are perfect. Now the ground clearance is higher so I removed the big spacers I used for every shocks (one per shock). The suspension is softer and my maxx won't bottom out too fast. I like that !
    I will test my maxx tomorrow if the weather is better than today

RC Champion
    Note : I used the Mulcher tires for the pics but I use only Masher tires now. Mulcher ones are great but on the long run the lips wear out (as the studs furthermore) and the tires pop out the Maximizer beadlocks... It's not the case with the Masher tires

RC Champion
    So what's the price tag on this project now ? I almost hate to ask....
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Champion
    If you only buy the upgrades : $1650 (w/o lipo packs, Tony's Screw and Acer Racing BB).

But given that there is almost nothing stock now (just diffs, tranny case, driveshafts, receiver box, bumper mounts, body posts and steering bellcrank), you can start the build from scratch and it will cost you ~$1800 (w/o screws, BB, batts and shipping costs).

However it wouldn't be very decent to say the true price of my E-Maxx build, with all the parts (stock and upgrades) I bought and tested since I own the 3906 E-Maxx...

RC Enthusiast
    hello,what is your favorite car betwen e revo and e maxx?

RC Qualifier
    Hey,
    Thats funny that you just orderd some FLM Shocktowers im just thinking about getting some for my Maxx.
    And i agree with you about the Mulcher, Masher deal.
    Ive had bolth and and really like the Mulcher but they are to expensive to replace so often.
    As Usual Great Build
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

RC Champion
    I tested my Monster today, it's all-perfect !! (vid coming soon).
    I really think my project is over, I managed to build the ultimate basher, durable and unbreakable (as my E-Revo, but it was easier ... and less funny).

I just need better lipo packs : my SMC 2s 6000mAh 28C packs seem to lose their power sessions after sessions, and they puff out a bit after use
    I'm going to test these packs : http://www.*********.com/*********/s...hardcase_pack#.

_____

jojojo : I usually answer that : for those who don't want to spend too much money in their MT and who want above all to run, not to fix and to upgrade, the E-Revo is the best choice. For those who like upgrading and fixing, and who like a "standard" MT design, the E-Maxx is the best choice.

I like my E-Maxx because I upgrade it since 2005 and because its overall design is great. I bought an E-Revo just because I wanted another truck. When one is in repair I can use the other one.

traxxas basher : thanks Do you have a build thread ?

RC Qualifier
    Hmm flm shocktowers

How many cm of ground clearence do you have ?

How was the bash?
    http://www.rcdirectonline.com/ Best site

RC Champion

VIdeO viDeo vIdEO VIdeo

Ground clearance :
    - Front & Rear : 7,5 cm
    - Middle : 8,5 cm

The bashing session was really great !!

Video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5iDDRbeCp4

You can see my E-Maxx at 0:34 / 2:52 / 7:10 / 7:41.

Thread about this vid here : http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...87#post4207287.

RC Champion
    AWESOME! Sounds like the perfect afternoon! That opening shot with all those HV trucks made me drool! lol

Nasty crash landing at 8:00 minutes!
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC poster
    Hi Popoxx,
    I never saw threads like this ! What a detailed and instructive description of all hop ups you put on your car. It's impressive !
    I'm a little confused to ask the following question: what kinf of brushless system did you use on your Maxx ? Is it a Mamba Monster (Castle) or an EZ-Run ? If it is a EZ Run (what I don't believe ) which one did you take ? A 150 A or a 80 A ?
    Thanks for your answer and again congratulations for this amazing rc !

In french: Je suis vraiment subjugué par ton RC, je vais lire en détails tes posts. Ton E-Maxx est exactement ce que je voudrais faire avec le mien. Par contre ça coûte un bras Encore bravo.
    Translation: I like you RC and it's exactly what I intend to do with mine. Only one problem: price of all the hop ups
    Last edited by FROGUI; 10-19-2009 at 08:55 AM.