RC poster

Question Newbie Question about Tires

Hey all! New to the hobby and made some mistakes recently resulting in some repairs. A couples weeks ago we went to an outdoor track at a park in Town and it was really muddy. Kept running but the mud was so thick it stuck to the wheels and body and ended up smoking a Titan 12T motor. Put a new one on with no problems but since then I ran in some water puddles and my wheels are soaked on the inside. I've tried putting holes in the tires and spinning them out but I can tell the foam inside is still wet because the tires are very unbalanced. I'm sure I can somewhat get these tires dry if I tried a little harder but my main question is, do the wet wheels take away from top speed? After I put the new motor on it seemed to be just as quick as it was when I bought it new but now it doesn't seem like it is getting up to the speed it was before. Would the extra weight cause it to slow down? Just curious.

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Yes, unbalanced wheels are slower. Also the extra weight of any water provides more rotating mass, so require more energy to move it.

RC poster
    Thank you!