RC Enthusiast

New E maxx..dont run

Long story so I will try to made it short. got new emaxx, putin batteries, it wont turn on . Green goes out as soon as I let off. Call support (4 times now) my son has a Rustler so we were able to check batterys, crystals...all is good in the Rustler. so they have me take Rustler receiver and put it in maxx. Same thing. So I put Rustler back together and now it does exactly what the maxx is doing. Call support. They are sending out two new receivers (cool) but they want me to check both in the Rustler and if the maxx burns another receiver they want me to send in speed control and receiver for maxx. alot of shipping expense for me and a **** long wait. Remember that this truck has never even been turned on. Any ideas??? Sorry for the long post

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    stuff happens dude.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    That sucks but I'll bet money the ESC is bad. I've got a blue EVX2/Titans in the box I have'nt ran yet. I really need to put them in something to test them.

RC Racer
    My maxx is about 2 months old and last night when I put in freshly charged Intellect 4600's my ESC was doing exactly the same thing. I waited for 10 minutes, switched the batteries to the ESC and it turned on. Maybe your batteries have too much volts in them from a fresh charge.
    E-Maxx 3905, E-Savage, Summit! Lots of batteries!

Boone722
    What batteries are you using ? Too bad for the problems but I am sure Traxxas will set it straight.But the waiting is the hardest part.let us know what happens.

RC Enthusiast
    Im using 4500's I got from onlybatteries.com. Matched SHV cells. I wondered about the too much volt thing too. My charging meter shows them at 9.4v but the both paks ran fine in the rustler

RC Champion
    I was just checking out the Emaxx forums b/c im looking to buy one soon, but just thought id comment, even tho im not too familiar with these electronics [at all ] sometimes my Rustler does this and i have forgotten to turn on the darn transmitter Jeez, what a noob error.. i would also try reporgramming the ESC, you can do that on the Emaxx ESC right? Just trying to get some ideas for ya to help out
    Richard
    2.5 Tmaxx
    Soon to be MM E Rusty

RC Enthusiast
    I did make sure it was on.(Although that is definately the kind of mistake I would make) It won't even go into program mode. When the light goes to red it stays red and thats it.
    Just waitin on parts...

RC Qualifier
    Not a MAXX, but my stampede did that, and when they sent a new reciever, it went away!
    I've set the bar, don't trip over it...

Boone722
    Quote Originally Posted by tombow
    I did make sure it was on.(Although that is definately the kind of mistake I would make) It won't even go into program mode. When the light goes to red it stays red and thats it.
    I would say then it could be the esc.I would call Traxxas support again and see if they will send you out a new one.I am sure they will work with you.

RC Racer
    I have the exact same problem (ESC green light going out upon release of button) and it WAS due to too much voltage. Anything over ~~ 18V will not let it arm and it acts weird. Try running the batts down or using lower volt batts somehow. Does the steering work? It should if you have the same prob. as me.
    E REVO MMM/1512 2D,BL EM,BR EM, 2 E Pedes HELP!

RC Enthusiast
    No steering. I am running 2 8.4 volt paks-7cell. I hope that's not the problem since I just dumped out $ for 3 sets of them. Is it normal for those paks to read over 8.4 when charged?
    Just waitin on parts...

RC Enthusiast
    Had a similar problem with my truck. Takes 2 or 3 times to get it started. I've just learned to live with it. Other than that I've had no electral problems with the truck.