RC Racer

Wheels wont spin anymore :(

Today while playing around on flatland, my car just stopped in the field. So i gave it gas and nothing. Went up to the truck and the wheels wont spin

Any ideas what happened? something in the transmission? sounds like its slipping.
    Revo3.3, OS.21TM, Traxx Res pipe, 20% O'donnel

RC Racer
    Are the wheels locked or is the engine just not making them spin? If the tires are spinning freely then it could be your clutch or slipper. If they aren't it could be your transmission, diff, or something as simple as a little rock in the spur gear. I've had that happen to me before, I tore the entire thing apart only to find that there was this stupid little pebble (not much larger than a grain of sand) stuck in one of the tranny gear teeth.

RC Champion
    I would start by checking the slipper clutch it may need to be tightened & it is possible you may have stripped the spur gear.

RC Racer
    this happened to me one my Diff ate itself! disconnect the centre shafts and see if the front and back will turn on their own.
    IProtestAgainstThisSignatureLimitation

RC Champion
    yeah, the differential thing like buddha said... that, or it is the tranny.. either the spur, or inside... was it revving freely, and loud? if so, then it was the tranny, or spur... the slipper is another possability...

RC Racer
    Happened to me once, it was a little flat rock stuck beetween
    the Flywheel and the frame !! Check it out im sure it's what happened
    to you, simply remove the stone and you'll be ready to go

RC Racer
    As I discovered yesterday, it could also be that your clutch bell fell off and bound up the spur gear. Apparently it's just held on by an "e" clip and according to others here it "falls off all the time".

RC Champion
    On a side note, I said "I've had it happen several times", not "falls off all the time"...
    8ight-T\XRay-B\3.3RaceRevo\OS.18BashRevo

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianJim
    On a side note, I said "I've had it happen several times", not "falls off all the time"...
    thats what i was thinking!!! haha

RC Racer
    Sorry IndianJim, I should have specified that quote was from someone who PM'd me, not you. IndianJim did say that he had experienced this several times.

RC Champion
    no prob.
    8ight-T\XRay-B\3.3RaceRevo\OS.18BashRevo

RC Racer
    Everything is intact and spur gear spins with the engine. The wheels spin freely at idle and WOT. Gunna take it apart tonight to see what it is. How is it possible for something to get inside there? Isnt it sealed?
    Revo3.3, OS.21TM, Traxx Res pipe, 20% O'donnel