RC poster

Revo Doesn't Shift

Bought a new revo and broke it in. During the last part of break in, the revo would not shift into second. I tried leaning it out to see if that was the problem and it didn't help. I revs super high just doesn't shift. I will make the adjustment to the transmition but I was interested to see if anyone else had this issue. I hope it just needs adjustment.

Check the slipper clutch as well. It may be a little loose.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It has to be the tune. They are factory set to shift. If you're not getting the proper RPM's the tranny will not shift into second. Please read the helpful tuning tips in the FAQ forum.

If you haven't messed with the Low Speed Needle then lean the HSN an hour at a time until it does shift but doesn't bog out. If it boggs out richen the HSN 1/4 turn and lean in small increments from there. After that you have to bring the truck in for a pinch test. 3-4 mississippi's is what you want. more then 4 seconds lean it less then 3 seconds richen the LSN.

Good Luck.
    President
    No Limit R/C of Maryland

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylton32
    It has to be the tune. They are factory set to shift. If you're not getting the proper RPM's the tranny will not shift into second. Please read the helpful tuning tips in the FAQ forum.

If you haven't messed with the Low Speed Needle then lean the HSN an hour at a time until it does shift but doesn't bog out. If it boggs out richen the HSN 1/4 turn and lean in small increments from there. After that you have to bring the truck in for a pinch test. 3-4 mississippi's is what you want. more then 4 seconds lean it less then 3 seconds richen the LSN.

Good Luck.
    I did exactly that. High speed runs get the engine screaming. Leaned it out a bit screamed higher. I did this until the effect was lower RPM at full throttle. I was getting about 4 seconds during pinch test after. The thing is flying, it just doesn't shift. ????

RC poster
    It is also pretty cold where I am. It was about 40F outside when I was running. Does this make a difference?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    It is also pretty cold where I am. It was about 40F outside when I was running. Does this make a difference?
    Not if your temps are up around 220-230 F.
    Must be slipping if it's reving that high and not shifting.
    8ight-T\XRay-B\3.3RaceRevo\OS.18BashRevo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My Revo shifts pretty quick and sometimes un-noticeable, I'd check the slipper like everyone else has stated if that is not it then maybe mess with the tranny shift-point, but I have never had to or want to.
    President
    No Limit R/C of Maryland

RC Competitor
    I just bought one a few weeks ago and had the same problem. It was my slipper clutch i had to tighten it and I also needed to adjust the tranny very slightly.

RC Qualifier
    tbone does ur car look like like its goin 40-45

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylton32
    My Revo shifts pretty quick and sometimes un-noticeable, I'd check the slipper like everyone else has stated if that is not it then maybe mess with the tranny shift-point, but I have never had to or want to.
    That's a good point. Both of my Revo's are set up to shift so quick it's almost hard to hear it.

Like Revoriffic said, check your speed. You may be in second...
    8ight-T\XRay-B\3.3RaceRevo\OS.18BashRevo

RC poster
    I ran last night and it started shifting. Maybe the engine just loosened up enough to provide enough power. I made several passes without shifting and then it started shifting. Maybe the engine needed to run hotter. In 40F, it was running at about 240F. I need to lean out the LSN a touch as I was getting around 4-5 sec after WOT run. Thanks for all the suggestions. This Forum ROCKS!

RC poster

my revo does'nt want to shift into 2nd gear

my revo does'nt want to shift into 2nd gear even when it is hot
    i tryed leaniing it out. it shifted into 2nd for a couple of high speed passes but then it just didn't want to rev or change in to secondcan anybody help me

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by artysrevo
    my revo does'nt want to shift into 2nd gear even when it is hot
    i tryed leaniing it out. it shifted into 2nd for a couple of high speed passes but then it just didn't want to rev or change in to secondcan anybody help me
    Check this out link --> Model does not shift into 2nd

RC poster
    i check out that link hillfinger but when i leaning it out and richened and it would shift then after a couple big runs it just wouldnt rev up to change

RC Champion
    Sounds like a tuning issue, when you tune make sure the fuel tank is half full and the engine is at operating temperature or at least warmed up some. Normally the Revo will not shift until the engine is warmed some.

RC Competitor
    Also check your slipper clutch make sure it is set correct.

RC poster
    ive checked the slipper clutch and tuned it to the factory settings but it still wont shift
    my next step is to take the carbie off and clean it with a bit of carby cleaner
    do u think it could be the fuel??

RC Competitor
    Does the motor sound like it is screaming? If so maybe you should just adjust the tranny.

RC Champion
    ive checked the slipper clutch and tuned it to the factory settings but it still wont shift
    my next step is to take the carbie off and clean it with a bit of carby cleaner
    do u think it could be the fuel??

If you are running it at the factory settings that mat be your problem, have you tried to lean the high speed needle out any ?

RC poster
    i have check the high speed needle but i also noticed that when the fuel tank was close to empty it would start to shift and then as soon as i re-fuele4d it it didnt want to shift or rev up

RC Champion
    i have check the high speed needle but i also noticed that when the fuel tank was close to empty it would start to shift and then as soon as i re-fuele4d it it didnt want to shift or rev up

Sounds like your high speed needle is to rich try and lean it a bit.

RC Racer
    Is the shift really noticeable? I cant tell if mine is shifting.

RC Qualifier
    yeah u should hear the rpm drop a lil bit and then BOOM itll start pickin up speed really quick
    thats how mine does anyway. but i havent adjusted the tranny any since i got it. just adjusted the tune
    !!!IF IT AIN'T REVO IT AINT WORTH IT!!!

RC Champion
    its more a noise thing, you hear the change in rpm, you might see a slight lurch in the truck
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC Qualifier
    When mine shifts into second, it's pretty easy to see and hear, because it usually pulls the front wheels off the ground momentarily!!
    3.3 Revo Picco.26 FOC 17/36/WIDE P2 50WT Grn/Tan

RC Champion
    we are talking about a stock 3.3 that the OP has, its kinda hard to see the 3.3 shift, they rev out so much
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC Qualifier
    thats all i have is a stock 3.3 i love when everyone talks about the 3.3 like its a hunk of junk and dont compare to any other motor on the market.
    the 3.3. is a good motor. but anyways,
    you should hear a quick rpm drop till they pick back up and you should also see it take off pretty good when it hits that 2nd gear.
    !!!IF IT AIN'T REVO IT AINT WORTH IT!!!

RC Competitor
    my friend has the same problem. its tuned pretty good tuned but if u pin it it dosnt shift. it like almost over revs and pops into nutral. u have to work the throttle to get it to **** and u can only have the throttel like half way to get it into second and it dosnt move dat fast.
    dirty=driven