RC poster

Revo Sway Bar Installation

Hi Guys!

Today I started to instal the SwayBar in my revo and I had a surprise to read that it is necessary to drill the lower rear rockers to install them !!

My rockers is " Alloy Rocker Arms " http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXPPP1 and is impossible to drill in the position indicated in the instructions..... So ... I have problems !!!

Please, help-me !

I can use the same screws that connect the rear shocks to the rockers, as in front, in order to install the rear Sway bars?? Or I need back to plastic rockers.???

ThanKyou

Marco Aurélio
    Brazil
    MarcăoTZ - Brasil
    <Revo axial .32>

RC Qualifier
    are you talking about the traxxas sway bars. I love traxxas and all but you should have went with the tekno ones no modds needed
    Unlike shebly I can tune an engine

RC Racer
    You will have to drill about here to mount the sways. Dosnt look like enough room. You can try the shock screw but I dont think the sways will work as intended. If your good with a drill you might get holes centered. The mount screw is small, Good luck,,
    :-)

RC Qualifier
    go back to stock

why would u run aluminum rockers anyways?
    i've never once seen a rocker break or fail...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke ya
    go back to stock

for looks, and its easyer to clean around the shocks (holes in the rockers)
    i was going to get them, but i didnt want alum rockers.
    Spur gear stripping king..... :D

RC Qualifier
    I know traxxas could not make an exact duplicate of the impakt sways but if you have to drill to get them on IMO it's not worth the trouble and from the pic where you have to drill the traxxas sways look like they will not be as effective as impakt
    Unlike shebly I can tune an engine

RC Champion
    go back to stock

I had one crack at the lower bearing...
    8ight-T\XRay-B\3.3RaceRevo\OS.18BashRevo

RC Racer
    dont drill if you dont feel like. just get the tekno sway bars.

RC poster
    Thanks to all!

I am very disappointed with this incompatibility !!!

I checked and do not have enough space to do the necessary drill in the aluminum rock arm..

I will try to use the same screw of the rear shocks....before back to stock rockers...
    MarcăoTZ - Brasil
    <Revo axial .32>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by marcaotz
    Thanks to all!

I am very disappointed with this incompatibility !!!

I checked and do not have enough space to do the necessary drill in the aluminum rock arm..

I will try to use the same screw of the rear shocks....before back to stock rockers...

you are disapointed because traxxas made one of there aftermarket parts incompatible with something that is less quality then a stock part

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if the swaybars were around longer maybe integy would have made them swaybar compatable. I was thinking of getting aluminum rockers so they would be stiffer giving me better suspension, but nowI gots a reason to save my money
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Racer
    I think Integy does have a set that would be compatable,yep,they do,,

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...=2821&p_catid=

and Nuke ya,
    why would you say his aftermaket rockers are of less quality then the stocks?,alum. has it's place's and I fill this is a good one,I plan on upgrading my real soon and the Integy's look pretty nice
    Last edited by TheRealDeal; 01-29-2008 at 06:42 PM.

RC poster
    you are disapointed because traxxas made one of there aftermarket parts incompatible with something that is less quality then a stock part
    I´m not sure that aluminio rockers has less quality then a stock part..I had some problems with threads of bolts in stocks plastics rockers...
    MarcăoTZ - Brasil
    <Revo axial .32>

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by marcaotz
    I´m not sure that aluminio rockers has less quality then a stock part..I had some problems with threads of bolts in stocks plastics rockers...

so you dont know how to tighten metal screws down in a plastic part.

Nice!!

RC poster

Lightbulb

I have the Traxxas sway bars kit and did not drill the rear rocker arms; I simply mounted the rear in the same way the front is done. Just one little problem that can be taking care in a couple different ways, it is the rear bumper mount that interferes with the movement of the sway bar due to the length of the pushrods that are short if they are installed the way I did. The temporary solution is to remove the rear bumper assembly, the permanent solution will be to get pushrods just a little longer or at least the same length as the front pushrods, or modify the rear bumper mounting.

The system was designed as it is for the best possible geometry while retaining full suspension articulation and clearances. Installing it in any other way than shown may not result in optimum performance or component longevity. Experiment if you'd like, but keep this in mind as you do so.

The system was designed to be used with Traxxas components (i.e. rockers), we did not attempt to design the system around aftermarket parts. It seems that it may be possible to use the stock style installation with those aftermarket rockers, but if not- it would be an easy swap back to stock rockers.

Don't forget the new Traxxas Wing Kit, it makes a big difference in handling also!

RC Qualifier
    Zinno, since the team is coming, are you coming to motorama in Pa.. I've been using the tekno parts. Would like to pick your brain on some of the advantages of using traxxas parts.

Jon Dixon
    Roar Region 2 Championship
    2nd (2006), 4th (2007)
    Last edited by jonboy1; 01-31-2008 at 12:44 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf63
    I have the Traxxas sway bars kit and did not drill the rear rocker arms; I simply mounted the rear in the same way the front is done. Just one little problem that can be taking care in a couple different ways, it is the rear bumper mount that interferes with the movement of the sway bar due to the length of the pushrods that are short if they are installed the way I did. The temporary solution is to remove the rear bumper assembly, the permanent solution will be to get pushrods just a little longer or at least the same length as the front pushrods, or modify the rear bumper mounting.
    Update ;

I went today to my local hobby store and got a pair of new pushrods 72mm long Traxxas part #2335 and replaced the rear rods that came with the sway bar kit, put the bumper assembly back in place but with the base upside down to clear space for the sway bar connecting to the rods and problem solved. May be all this sway bar installation could it be easy to go head and drill the rear rocker arms but drilling the plastic rockers is not something a want to do and I don’t like the Tekno sway bar neither because if I want to tune it I will have replace sway bars of different stiffness, on the other hand the Traxxas sway bar can be tune by raising or lowering the distance from the tip of the bar, to the a lower position close to the pivoting axle of the bar this is quicker and more convenient. That is just my personal opinion; any of this two sway bars kit will greatly improve the Revo handling performance.

RC Racer
    I am having a similar issue but it is to do with after market shock mounts not working with the front sways. I ordered stock mounts to fix this=P