RC Enthusiast

Stampede beetle project

Hi folks, just thought I'd share my stampede, I'm very proud of how it looks and performs.

It's got the pro-line rock crawler body, painted by me to replicate the one one the pro-line site. Pro-line protrack front arms and rpm rear arms. Pro-line epic beadlocks with strc alloy rings and badlands tires. slash 4x4 springs on ultra shocks. integy alloy gearbox, rpm hubs and front shock tower. strc rear shock tower. Slash bumpers that I've trimmed and modded to look like exhausts at the back and act as wheelie bars. I've painted sections of the chassis and skid plates and bumpers to improve the looks.
    Running a hobbywing 10t 3900kv and 60a speedie which is awesome and just right for this truck I feel.
    JR ultra torque servo and spectrum dx3 radio with 5000 35c lipos.

I've got a slash 4x4 and 2x4, a robitronic truggy, a tamiya trf501 4x4 buggy, and the stampede is by far my favourite. It's tons of fun, It's also surprisingly the quickest around my track except for the 4x4 buggy on a good day. I love it.
    Last edited by dypsomaniart; 06-18-2010 at 04:55 AM.

RC Champion
    That looks really good!

The monster bug look grows on me more with each one I see.

RC Qualifier
    Excellent!

RC Champion
    Looking good!!!
    Velineon SpeedPede
    SPC 3s 5000
    MambaMax
    71.3mph

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Never realized that body was such a perfect fit for the pede. Looks great!
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Competitor
    That looks awesome!
    I always wanted to put a VW bug on my pede.
    Sorry, but I just might have to copy your idea(I promise I'll paint it different though)

RC Champion
    My jaw dropped. Thast sick lookin!!!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks everyone for the kind feedback

Acerpower- yeah when I contacted proline after seeing the measurements on their website were almost exactly the same as the stampede shell, even they said it wouldn't fit. I got it anyway for my rock crawler if nothing else. All you need to do is drop the rear body mount to its lowest setting (so it's only held by two screws) and cut off the front body posts and move them in. The front post needs to be 33mm long, i set them 58mm apart from centre of post to centre of post. I also run the traxxas white plastic disk things under the body for extra support for the rear fenders.
    Have fun

RC Enthusiast
    I ran this at Sideways indoor RC centre in port melbourne for the first time today and smashed their Slash lap record by a second and a half. Only 4 tenths behind the fastest time on the track set by my friend Dave with a 4wd brushless buggy. Did I mention I love this little bug?

As an added bonus the shell means in forward rollovers like after falling short on a double jump it has a pleasing tendency to roll back onto its wheels without losing any ground.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Just noticed the exhaust. Nice.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot rag6, I thought they were a nice touch With the scale realism of the body I got right into trying to get a scale look to the rest of it.

RC Champion
    What kind of rear motor gaurd are you using? Looks like RPM but painted gray.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    sharp truck you got there.
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

RC Enthusiast
    Dknuckles- it's just the stock slash 2wd motor guard. I tried the rpm one but thought the stocker looked better, and theres no problem of the braces underneath popping down like on the slash without the bumper attached to it. The exhausts are just the top "H" brace from the stock bumper with the ends cut off and some vacuum hose over them for the mufflers. I drilled a hole in the gearbox above the motor and added a cable tie brace to hold the axhausts up and act as a spring for them.

RC poster
    Hi, I was just wondering on that paint job if the orange and red stripes were decals, or if you had to paint those on as well?

It looks great!