RC Competitor

broke it in 5 minutes and a intermittent tx/rx issue

running in limited space and hit my vans front wheel ,broke the left front caster block and bent the pin a little .

i bent the pin back ,should i replace it anyway?

was having some tx/rx drop outs too . thing was no more then 15 feet from me . loss of steering and seemed like throttle would bog out at mid throw .

wont know more until i fix it and run it again .

ps- i shouldnt have to program the esc out the box on a rtr right?
    Last edited by helizrnew2me; 01-27-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    slash platinum 4x4/emaxx /revo 3.3/rustler vxl

First, yes, replace the pin. You can get it close, but normally you'll have some binding.

What do you mean by 'programming'?

Out of the box, it should be setup and ready to be ran with the equipment it came with.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    First, yes, replace the pin. You can get it close, but normally you'll have some binding.

What do you mean by 'programming'?

Out of the box, it should be setup and ready to be ran with the equipment it came with.
    yeah just curious because i was getting some brown outs .like it would just stop communicating for a second then kick back in .

Does this happen when you are full throttling it on the nihm battery?
    Slash 4x4, 07" Pede 2wd, MERV, SCX10 Deadbolt.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan21 View Post
    Does this happen when you are full throttling it on the nihm battery?
    yes and no
    yes it started to do that but the area i was in never let me get to full throttle . sometimes just trying to goose it to half throttle would do it .i brought it home because i broke something .
    so i hook it up here at the house and it has some latency issue . just trying to turn the front wheels there can be a second delay . once i start using the tx the steering servo responds correctly ,if i stop and wait a few seconds then go back to turn it again ,the delay is back ......then its fine again until i stop giving input .then repeat ....
    going down now to see whats up with the battery . my charger never goes solid green like it says it should .its just stops flashing green like its done charging .

RC Competitor
    ok, so i made a glitch buster ,it didnt help . steering still has latency issues. did not make another video you would just be seeing the same thing .
    when i opened the rx case i noticed the signal wire was crimped pretty good ,you can see by the indent in the foam that it was draped right over a plastic tab . wire not broken but still not what you want to see .

so yeah ,nothings changed

Glitch busters are useless imo. Ive never had one solve a brown out issue. What you can do is unplug esc from rx, plug in a rechargable receiver pack, and see if the problem persists. If it persists, its prob not a brown out issue.
    Brushless Everything

RC Competitor
    check out the video maxx.
    https://youtu.be/SQantoZux0o

your thoughts on that

RC Enthusiast
    Have you tried a Lipo yet?

Quote Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
    check out the video maxx.
    https://youtu.be/SQantoZux0o

your thoughts on that

On that controller, the last setting you make with in the programming mode is controlled by the 2nd channel. The 2nd channel may not be set on steering expo, I would try resetting the TQi controller to factory setting and then go in and make your changes. See if that helps. Its easy to get lost in the programming tree on those controllers.
    Drive It Like You Stole It

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusHenle View Post
    Have you tried a Lipo yet?
    no not yet

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonage View Post
    On that controller, the last setting you make with in the programming mode is controlled by the 2nd channel. The 2nd channel may not be set on steering expo, I would try resetting the TQi controller to factory setting and then go in and make your changes. See if that helps. Its easy to get lost in the programming tree on those controllers.
    this is a rtr and i made no changes to it .

took it out yesterday ,it wasnt terrible ,but i did notice one quick brown out ,like for a second where i had no control then it came back .

Quote Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
    this is a rtr and i made no changes to it .

took it out yesterday ,it wasnt terrible ,but i did notice one quick brown out ,like for a second where i had no control then it came back .
    If you continue to have problems I might still try resetting the controller, it doesnt lake long and it will help you learn about some of the features or the TQi controller.
    Drive It Like You Stole It

I see your problem and i dont think its brown outs. Start swapping things around. If you have another rx and/or tx try them. I would reset the radio and recalibrate anyways even if you didnt touch the settings.

Try swapping your steering and throttle channels and see if the problem moves to the throttle. Check antenna in your radio, they have become disconnected before.
    Brushless Everything

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXXL View Post
    I see your problem and i dont think its brown outs. Start swapping things around. If you have another rx and/or tx try them. I would reset the radio and recalibrate anyways even if you didnt touch the settings.

Try swapping your steering and throttle channels and see if the problem moves to the throttle. Check antenna in your radio, they have become disconnected before.
    this tx has no external antenna .had it out today ,steering seemed ok but in the video its pretty clear whats going on .
    i did have one instance where i lost all function for a quick second under hard acceleration.

traxxas sent me back a email reply with a page of try this ,try that ........

ps- i have my fkysky stuff but i really wanted this for the tsm . it is quite good what the tsm does .