Thread: E maxx crawler?

RC Qualifier

E maxx crawler?

I am considering putting spools in both ends and runnning a pair of 65-85 turn lathe motors / smaller pinions to see how well the Maxx can crawl. Anyone out there try this already? What were your results. I am not looking for competition level crawling ability, just something to play with. I am leanign towards the 85 turn motors as I will be leaving it running 2 batteries. I figure even the 65 might be a little fast with 14.4V going to them.
    OH DARN! Honey, I'am off to the Hobby Shop again.

RC Qualifier
    Do it man! I was going to make mine a crawler at one time but it kinda went another direction.

If you can get the right combo of ride height and flexibility it will make a decent crawler. You can definitely run over some stuff with it. You could lock out the a-arms and make a custom chassis. Look here

I ran front and rear spools in mine for a while. Then I went brushless. You can't go fast with spools in both ends. So I went back to diffs. I miss the spools and may put them back in.

I'm working on an 1/8th scale brushless buggy right now. So when it's running I think the spools will make their way back into the Maxx. So it can fullfill it's destiny.

Make a crawler and post pics.
    www.clearspotrecording.com

RC Qualifier
    I used mine for crawling (or trying to crawler) I did some work to mine,and its better but the independent susp on emaxx's will be your limiting factor. You can also convert your esp to single battery/motor, I'm running on 55t crawler motor and old crappy venom 3300's and I get an hours run time off a pack but with the rear steer servo I have to run a rx pack http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...arsteering.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images @ or below 640x480.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-15-2007 at 06:22 AM.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.rccrawler.com/ all kinda of stuff about emaxx cralwers

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    My fully scratch-built MaxxxCrawler!
    72T spur
    Robinson 9T pinions
    40 series moabs w/beadlocks
    locked diffs
    custom modded e-maxx axles
    scratch made custom 4-link chassis
    twin 55 turn axle snapper motors

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    If you got time on your hands you can make an e-maxx a very good crawler. Heres one I built

Racer E-Revo, Nitro Revo, aluminum BL pede, T-maxx

RC Qualifier
    Nice rides. At the moment, I do not have the desire to build a chassis from scratch so I think (if the maxx does not sell, its in the paper this week) I will start with just the spools/motors/gearing and see what it does in basically stock form. Major mods can come later. Maybe next winter I will feel like trying my hand at a tube frame chassis???? Wonder how much tube I can wreck until I get that right!lolol!!
    OH DARN! Honey, I'am off to the Hobby Shop again.