RC Qualifier

Revo 3.3 Wheelies (Video)

Here is a video of my 3.3 pulling some wheelies. I wanted to show this video because of some people having doubts that a stock 3.3 pulling wheelies.

My revo in this video has some upgrades, but nothing major...IMO. Here are some of them:

Proline 23mm adapters w/ 40 series wheels and tires
    Purple dot springs in rear w/ 60wt oil
    Blue dot springs in front w/ 60wt oil
    JR steering servo 400oz/in torque (I know...overkill)
    Traxxas resonator

Even before I installed the springs, oil, servo, and resonator, it was pulling wheelies, but did not have a video recorder. My brother-in-law was visiting here from Hawaii and wanted to record my Revo in action, but by this time, I had already installed those options.

So again, my Revo was already pulling wheelies with only the 40 series upgrade added (which of course does nothing to improve wheelie performance)...and everything else remained untouched...BONE STOCK!

This proves the 3.3 power, especially knowing that I am a newbie with nitros. I'm surprised I was able to tune this engine with ease.

PS - I apologize for the quality of the video...I was rushing to get this video uploaded.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iByMLKMhfIc

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not bad for the tire size,its easier to wheelie in the grass tough.

Thx for sharing
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Champion
    mine wheelies and i have a 36 tooth spur heheheeh i have no complaints
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Racer
    Suspension affects ur wheelies too, my T-maxx would weely like crazy and now that I canged the suspension it dosn't do it much.
    "Eat my 1/10 scale Dust!"

RC Qualifier
    I must not be dialed in quite right yet. I cannot get the front up. I tweek a little everynight afterwork. did you adjust the slipper?

RC Champion
    Yes it is true a revo 3.3 will wheelie on demand if setup nicely and tuned well, my new 3.3 engine would pull wheelies with my revo 3.3, even with the tekno extended rear arms... however my EB Modded OS .18TM did it much easier this was geared 15/36 too.

RC Qualifier
    mine will wheelie only if i put my wheelie bar on the back. it adds extra weight to the back making it easier to wheelie. take that wing off the back and see it if will still wheelie.
    REVO 3.3, shumacher fusion .21,TC4, ERBE

RC Champion
    Good job with that tune, sounds right on.
    The Queen City Bashers

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your comments.

Yes, being on grass does help a little, mainly because of the amount of gripping force between the tires and grass, whereas, on concrete, my wheels would slip/burnout a little due to less gripping force...could be because my tires aren't the greatest on flat concrete.

All in all, the 3.3 is a great all-around nitro engine...IMO...for bashing and recreational fun. And when tuned right, will hold it's tune for some time. Of course, I've run only one gallon through it, but so far, I haven't touched the needles since my break in...well, maybe two or three times to adjust for humidity here in Houston, but thats it.

I'm happy!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nice job on the video and nice wheelies!!
    About 50mph,Over $1000,very far,Nitro,No you cant!

RC Champion
    I noticed that you have a wing... how do you liek them? I've been thinking about puting 1 on my revo...

RC Enthusiast
    The wing does a good job at protecting the engine when it flips. That's why I bought one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by falkon
    I noticed that you have a wing... how do you liek them? I've been thinking about puting 1 on my revo...
    I love it. I think it looks great on my Revo. I've read that the wing may also help a little while in the air during a high, far jump. I haven't done a high, far enough jump yet, so i can't really say that's true or not.

The wing definitely helps with preventing the Revo from flipping over while pulling wheelies, and protects the engine during a rollover.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vypr2002
    I must not be dialed in quite right yet. I cannot get the front up. I tweek a little everynight afterwork. did you adjust the slipper?
    No...I haven't even touched that area of the truck yet.

RC Champion
    get that thing on the black top and let it ride them out, my longest wheelie on black top is around 200 feet long, I have a wing with wheels.
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.