RC Racer

Clod Buster Tires on a Maxx

I got a set of Clod Buster Tires off of E-Bay and wanting to put them on my Maxx. was looking at these from Tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXTG35&P=K My question is what does it take to put 17mm Hexex on my T-maxx? or does any body know any tricks to mount the Clod Buster rims to the 14mm Hexex on a Maxx? does anybody have pictures of Clod Buster tires on a Maxx? Thanks will Post pictures when I am done.
    5 T-Max's,Revo,E-Max,NitroSport,NitroVee&4-Tec

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I haven't heard of anyone doing this. Be sure to post pics when it done though.
    Want a TJ wrangler near Louisville, KY under $4000

RC Champion
    well you need these.
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXE06&P=7

but its hard to tell if those rims will work with the a arms on a t maxx. they look very wide and narrow. if you do this and it works post pictures.

RC Racer
    I got 7 tires off of e-bay to do this with and all I got left are 3 that I didn't tear trying to get them off the rims. I did the heat them up in the oven trick but I don't know what kind of glue they used on them but it would not let go. Now I have to find one more tire to finish them. Also found these on Tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXNWS2&P=K I am hoping to that they will work to mount the rims, If any body has a spare clod Buster tire laying around let me know.

RC Champion
    thats the first time ive seen those hubs. good find.

RC Racer
    With these adapters, which I have on my TMaxx. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXE06&P=7 They widened my truck over a full 2". I run ofna Truggy Dished wheels which are deep dished and all together it gave me a full extra 3.5" of width. They are very simple to install, remove the wheel/tire, pull off the 14mm hex and pull the pin. Slide the adapter onto the shaft, siled in the pin, ad a drop of blue threadlocker onto the stescrew and tighten them up. 5 minutes to do all 4.

With the Composite adapters they wont work worth _____ with Truggy or Buggy wheels, they dont have the strength of the alloy setup. Its just a plastic hex and a flat plastic washer. I can see them cracking under stress. Spend the extra $, you get what you pay for and will end up doing it the right way eventually.

Make sure you review your posts after you have posted it. This way you can edit out the asterisks that were put there from the language filter.
    You CAN get points for triggering the language filter......
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 07-10-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: language filter triggered

RC Qualifier
    Rebel, what method of baking did you use? Temps, times, stuff like that. Here is a tried and true method I found that works really good.

WARNING!!! THIS WILL BE VERY HOT, DO NOT BURN YOURSELF!!!

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Get a cookie sheet big enough for the tires to fit on and lay a piece of aluminum foil on it (dont wanna mark up the cookie sheet). Put the cookie sheet/tires into the oven and close the door. After 15 minutes turn the oven off and let it cool for another 15 minutes. Pull the cookie sheet out and WITH GLOVES ON pull the tires from the rims. This method should break ANY CA loose.

The only CA I have found that gives a little trouble is the "rubberized" glue ______ that losi and trinity sell.

Again, let's review your posts, you have 45 minutes to edit out the asterisks It's stilly for me to hand out points because people are not reviewing their posts.... But it's going to happen if this keeps up.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 07-10-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Language filter triggered.
    3905 EMaxx/Spec Class Slash/RC8E/RC8/Revo 3.3

RC Racer
    Well here it is with the new rims and tires...

Well I got

3 tires on boy is it wide now...
    That is my Stock Revo behind it.

Still trying to find 1 Tire off a Clod Buster.... If any body knows where to find one let me know Thanks.

I think i saw one at my local hobby store here in cali.

RC Racer
    Well got another set on E-bay now just have to wait 6 days (Man I hate this waiting) We got another couple inches of snow and I can't go try out the new tires yet....

RC Racer
    those look hard on the drivetrain, but they do look awsome dont mean to be negative.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel61021
    Well got another set on E-bay now just have to wait 6 days (Man I hate this waiting) We got another couple inches of snow and I can't go try out the new tires yet....
    Yet another fun part to this hobby.
    You know your bashing too hard when your LHS knows your name...and you haven't even been to that LHS.

RC Qualifier
    That is awesome looking!!!
    T-Maxx 3.3: dUEce Predator chassis, dUEce motor mount, UE Ti. centers, UE Gen4 SS, UE RacerX Knuckleheads, dUEce 23mm adapters, Hard Anod. TiNi GTR's-The NEW XL-5 Stampede with a Novak 5.5r-OS18TM powered N.Rustler/Pede Hybrid :) -E.Rustler(waiting for Mamba Max 5700),Tons of hop-ups and a Spektrum dx3 w/3 recievers :D

RC poster
    How did you do that to your T-max? I have been trying to figure it out with my Revo and can't seem to get it right. Can you please tell me what I need to do that to my Revo 3.3?

RC Qualifier
    This in an old thread. The O.P. hasn't been active on the forum since 2010.

RC Qualifier
    You would need adaptors to convert the 5-hole Tamiya hub to a more standard 14mm hex hub. I'd recommend against this since (1) it will be hard on your steering system, and (2) you will absolutely need to re-gear your truck since the tires are enormous. It might look cool but that wears off after maybe 20 seconds.

RC Qualifier

Get these they look a lot better with those wheels. 13 to 20 bucks on ebay.
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC poster
    Hi. I was wondering, what parts did you use to do this to the T-Maxx? I'm trying to do the same to a Revo 3.3 and can't seem to figure it out. Can you please assist me on this? Thank you

RC Qualifier
    try crawford performance engineering it might be under CPE its a company that makes crawler chassis stuff. look at the hub kits.I built a crawler some years ago.you might find somethig there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiztedcreations View Post
    Hi. I was wondering, what parts did you use to do this to the T-Maxx? I'm trying to do the same to a Revo 3.3 and can't seem to figure it out. Can you please assist me on this? Thank you
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

I hope you do not plan any high speeds, you will also probably need to re-gear due to the larger outer diameter of the tire...

PRetty sure high speed handling isn't going to be that great.

Oh, and I would boil tires over using the oven method, boil for 15-20 minutes turn the stove off and let them cool. They usually pop right off no risk of warping anything or burning fingers or tearing tires.....

When you get all 4 I'd love to hear how they are working for ya. Good or bad or both....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??