RC poster

Traxxas Bigfoot Vs Axial Grave Digger at the Skatepark

RC Enthusiast
    Great vid. While the GD looks the part and was a great idea it FAILS HARD in the real world. For the 400 dollar price tags I expected a lot more. I was considering getting one, but once I saw some videos of it.....forget it.

As for the Traxxas BF it's tried and true on the dead reliable stampede platform. I know every likes to "bag" on Traxxas for using the same old parts and kits over and over again.....but why wouldn't you.....they flat out work.

Axial actually got it right, going with a proven platform for their build, just like Traxxas does. The core problem is the power plant, which is purposely under powered. If you threw in a brushless system running a 13.5 motor, it would scream. Also, the solid axles look more proper for a monster. But, as you pointed out, for twice the price, it really should have a better performing power plant, and having to dish out another 200 bones to make it perform is a bit annoying. If you are just wanting monster-ish looks, good performance out of the box, and at about half the cost, the Pede is the way to go.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired