Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

how fast can u get a revo to go?

title says it all about how fast can u get a revo to go?

RC Competitor
    what motor do ya got? And also it depends if ya can keep the front wheels on the ground
    If it wont go, push it

RC Qualifier
    im just wondering. how fast can you get it to go with motors and stuff. i dont have one. im thinking earther jato or revo for my first nitro car.

RC Competitor
    my revo will go 45+ atleast thats what the box says. From what I have been told through here they will go much faster then that. I have the Revo 2.5 and they come in a 3.3 wich has a bit longer frame and body. Put that 3.3 in a 2,5 and watch out. If this is your 1st Nitro I would go against the JATO it would be way to much for ya. No offence. I have had alot of time with Nitros, and even my dealer said that to me.
    If it wont go, push it

RC Racer
    well, a revo 3.3 out of the box is claimed to do 45+, and the jato 3.3 out of the box does 74.3 (i think that is the number i saw someplace)

note that both can go faster with different engines/gear setups etc....wouldn't be surprised to see a jato go 90 and a revo 60.

RC Qualifier
    well i really like the jato because it is so fast.

RC Competitor
    be prepaired to be at the hobby shop more then playing with the RC....lol
    If it wont go, push it

RC Qualifier
    colt4g63 has a revo with a picco .28 that he modified himself seing as he is the owner and founder of www.abmods.com and he got it to go 56mph
    i think this is a video of the picco he used to set the record..http://www.abmods.com/Videos/picco28.wmv
    Last edited by clutch; 01-14-2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Novarossi Powered Truggy, FLM VXL Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    56. i was going to go nitro because it was so fast. my eletric rustler can go faster then that.

RC Competitor
    but ya got charge times and all that. With Nitro ya just get to go and go and go, like that little ugly pink bunny.
    If it wont go, push it

RC Qualifier
    ya well u gotta charge globe starters and reviever battery in the car. so ya u cant just go and go and go.

RC Racer
    nitro and electric are both fast....there are brushless electric motors that will beat most nitro's anyday, but they eat batteries for lunch...you may get 8 mins of run time out of a batt and spend an hour recharging, or you can get 10 mins out of a tank; spend 10 seconds refueling, and then get another 10 mins....as for glow starters and reciever batt; both are replaceable and will last for SEVERAL tanks of gas..

RC Qualifier
    ok wlel i have 7 batetrys lol. each last 20 minutes off road and easyly 25 minutes on road. ill smoke a revo stock and even that fully upgraded one. thats awesome i never reallyised that. o ya and there a a nice battery im geting itslip it lastusally an hour or two and can hit top speed.

RC Champion
    soshnick - what is your setup? There is NO WAY short of LiPO and brushless that you will both get >55mph and >20 minute runtimes, and if you did have LiPO and brushless, then you've got stunningly deep pockets to have that many spare batteries. You can't get an electric to outrun a nitro on the SAME BUDGET. Sure, with $500-600 in ESC's and motors, and another few hundred in batteries, you can get a brushless electric to scream, but out of the box, the nitros will be faster.

RC Qualifier
    ive got a ib 4200 8 cell battery and a mamba max 5700. i also have one lipo batteyr and i can hit around 59 mph with it.

RC Racer
    i doubt your rusty would beat a fully modded revo on an offroad track race. it all comes down to one thing...4wd...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the fastest RC in the world is electric, 150MPH, a jato with revo spur geat and clutch bell will go ~80mph, that's the fastest I've had proof on a jato, colt's revo is the fastest I can find for a revo, but he says he can get more speed if he tried, I'll bet he can
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Competitor
    I like this.....lol Lets bicker online. Gas, Batteries, run times....and the the 4wd.... Yes the 4wd does help but the car isnt what wins the race, go out and buy the best of everything....if ya cant keep it on the track guess what....YOU LOSE. What I am saying is bluntly this...Its not the car or what powers it, ITS THE DRIVER that wins by control and handling
    If it wont go, push it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by soshnick93
    ive got a ib 4200 8 cell battery and a mamba max 5700. i also have one lipo batteyr and i can hit around 59 mph with it.
    You must be pretty easy on the gas then to get 20+ minutes out of that - a lead throttle finger could drop that to sub-15 minute pretty easily I'd bet. Yes, that'll be a fast setup (though to compare stadium trucks to stadium trucks, it couldn't hold a candle to a Jato 3.3). However, in the end, top speed doesn't matter that much for racing. As Wickid Revo said, the driver is who wins the race, though admittedly, regardless of how good of a driver you are, you'd have a heck of a time trying to win with this:

RC Racer
    I see all of you guys talking about speed, and think, "Dang, what are they talking about." This hobby isn't about speed. I mean you can have a Jato that goes 100mph, but you have to know how to handle it.

RC Competitor
    How very true. I guess you have me there. Dont get me wrong, I would love a JATO 3.3 but when the man running the Hobby shop looks at me and laughs when I go to buy it and says "Hey, your not good enough yet" and I have some time behind the trigger I figure he knows what he is talking about. and if this is So's first nitro, he might wish to go with the REVO or stay electric.
    If it wont go, push it

RC poster
    I have a revo 2.5r stock and the local police dept. clocked it at 64mph. and it handles just fine. good luck and gofast. I have a new revo 3.3 i havent broken in yet but i will have it checked and let you know.
    Last edited by revo reddell; 01-15-2007 at 12:14 AM.

RC Champion
    I would bet it was a false reading. The engine would have to be turning roughly 1000 revolutions per second to go 64mph with a stock revo's gearing, which is 60000 rpm. The engine cannot physically handle more than about 40000 rpm, and at 40mph, a stock 2.5 revo would have the engine running at around 37,500 rpm. Get a GPS, strap it to your revo, and see what it measures. I have done this to my 3.3 and it reads around 43mph on the best top speed runs, and though I haven't had room to fully wind it out yet, it's darn close.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by revo reddell
    I have a revo 2.5r stock and the local police dept. clocked it at 64mph. and it handles just fine. good luck and gofast. I have a new revo 3.3 i havent broken in yet but i will have it checked and let you know.

I'm not calling you a liar by any means but yeah, no way was that reading right.

And as far as not being able to handle a 3.3 Jato as a first nitro, that's a bunch of ****. It is my first nitro and I hadn't even touched an electric in over 5 years. I would rather take my time and learn to drive the one I really want instead of buying a slow one that I will get bored of in a month.
    My car's so fast, it makes fast cars look not fast

RC Racer
    soshnick93,

Title does say it all, another point you may want to consider is versatility. Revo 3.3 will be more versatile and more durable.

If all you want is speed on a well maintained surfaces, then go with a car. If you want to enjoy running anywhere, then go with Revo and upgrade engine later once you've blown up or wore-out the original.

I really like the Revo 3.3 and if i wanted a lot more speed, i'd upgrade my motor and possibly change my gearing if top end speed was my major concern. For now, i'm content with the original motor and setup.
    Revo 3.3 : Simply Love this RC

RC Competitor
    I think what you need to to is buy what you want. If you want speed, get a Jato 3.3. If you want to actually be able to drive off-road in grassy areas, get a Revo 3.3. A friend of mine bought a Jato the same time I bought my Revo. He has several RCs before, and I had none. With him being an impatient person, he throttled it hard adn crashed every time we went out to goof around. We also had a head on collision...wanna guess who'd car drove away from that one and whose lost the entire front end, broke the top plate, crushed the pipe and destroyed the header...the Jato

All I'm trying say is that you need to get what you want.
    Computer Geeks Love Their Toys!

RC Champion
    I have a Race Revo and it is very light never drove it yrt but it has a TM523 in it so i am guessing 50-55mph???
    2.5 Crankcase w/ Bearings-$18 Shipped!

RC Competitor
    A rusty and a revo arent eaven comparable get me an e maxx that will match the 56 of that revo.

RC Qualifier
    yeah i bin to the hobby shop getting my revo 3.3 fix when i got it and now i have to take it back agian?
    /_|,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)=0=)_)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy22
    I think what you need to to is buy what you want. If you want speed, get a Jato 3.3. If you want to actually be able to drive off-road in grassy areas, get a Revo 3.3. A friend of mine bought a Jato the same time I bought my Revo. He has several RCs before, and I had none. With him being an impatient person, he throttled it hard adn crashed every time we went out to goof around. We also had a head on collision...wanna guess who'd car drove away from that one and whose lost the entire front end, broke the top plate, crushed the pipe and destroyed the header...the Jato

All I'm trying say is that you need to get what you want.
    a jato 3.3 would be good for top speed, it is really fast, especially afternot running my revo for a while, the last car I drove was my mini-t (11.9mph on a treadmill stock, maybe 16 now) the jato with a revo spur gear and clutch bell will go a claimed 80, I have had no durability issues with it so far, but it sounds loke you shouldn't collide with other cars LOL. the revo weighs twice as much and is going 2/3 the speed, itsa going to win in a collision, the revo has more power to stop the jato, and the revo is higher off the ground which will allow it to flip over the top while the jato is screwed
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Qualifier
    56. i was going to go nitro because it was so fast. my eletric rustler can go faster then that.

Yea right I have an electric rustler 12t. There is no comparison. (rustler 20mph and working revo 3.3 45 and screaming) I dont care what U do to a electric rustler, put the same money into it that you have in a NIB revo and revo will still walk all over it. Its not the top speed its the power all the way there and then some.
    Your signature can not be longer than50characters

RC Qualifier
    yellowbeejato had it right. The guy at the LHS that says your not exp eneough for a jato may not know your financial situation. If I want a jato 3.3 and wrap it around a tree I bet I was having fun when it happened. If a 18yr old wants a mustang gt does the dealer tell him he is not experenced eneough for one?? Get what you want. The diff between nitro and electric SMELL AND SOUND!!!
    Your signature can not be longer than50characters

RC Qualifier
    I have a 3.3 jato and they are not that hard to control in my opinion.They are very fast and to open them up you need a pretty big area.

RC Champion
    I have one too, I agree with a large area they are a lot of fun and can be controled easily. A top fuel dragster would be uncontrolable , in your driveway, but put it on the 1/4 mile where it was designed for and it can be controlled. The jato was not designed to run in a confined area, with a big space there is no comparison, it makes my maxx look like a snail.
    trx: t-maxx/jato/epede
    losi: microT = massive fun

RC Racer
    ok wlel i have 7 batetrys lol. each last 20 minutes off road and easyly 25 minutes on road. ill smoke a revo stock and even that fully upgraded one. thats awesome i never reallyised that. o ya and there a a nice battery im geting itslip it lastusally an hour or two and can hit top speed.

lets see a vid of ur electric

RC Qualifier
    I don't know since I don't have a radar and never did the distance method, but I can tell you it is pretty fast lol. Got hit in the ankle once with my own Revo at like cruising speed and it hurt a whole lot.
    Edit:Also if you won't regret messing up your Jato go for it. I don't see how its any harder then the Revo, except that it's faster, but I mean have some self control and you'll be ok. Just start out slow and steady and I'm not just talking about driving. I would buy one if only I had the cash.
    Last edited by Avid; 01-15-2007 at 08:45 PM.
    Where's the 1/8 Revo?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I had mine on the radar, by police officer( this one is true.... not 64mph..)

With my picco .26 max in it,

stock gearing: 46mph (got it fast but reving too much for the gearing)
    17T/36T :49.5 mph

my friend with his MP-5 buggy and RB S7 world engine: 47mph (1 speed )

They said they even got golf ball on radar.

Those officer were there like every friday night where we bash near a boulevard. lol
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    If speed is your main concern the jato will rip a revo to shreads.It's the same motor with a lot less weight to push. If you are gonna do alot of bashing you wan a revo or t maxx.I bash my jato but it breaks alot more than my tmaxx or revo.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch
    colt4g63 has a revo with a picco .28 that he modified himself seing as he is the owner and founder of www.abmods.com and he got it to go 56mph
    i think this is a video of the picco he used to set the record..http://www.abmods.com/Videos/picco28.wmv

I want to try mine!! if winter can go away...
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    title says it all about how fast can u get a revo to go?
    lap times about 21 seconds
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com