Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    You deserve to be sponsored by Traxxas or something. They should be giving you free products for this.

Keep up the fun!!!

Because of you I now have a few years of beautiful desktop backgrounds.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Racer
    WOW amazing

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your support and encouragement guys.
    I begin this new page with two photos not yet published about my last hike. It is the first route of autumn in which I find ice, but especially a wind over 50 mph and four Cē degrees below zero in the upper part of the route (2000 m height)
    Not that it was unbearable but it makes it very difficult driving.
    Contrary to what may appear to drive an electric Rc 8 feets away without hearing any of their motors and gears, is a very strange feeling

10-18-2009
    Leaving the bed of a creek before a small waterfall.

10-18-2009
    Strong rise in the upper third of the mountain hike, very cold despite the sun.

-

RC Qualifier
    4th attempt at the third summit of the Peņas de Aia.
    Probably the last for some time. This summit has proved to be definitely very hard to raise it with my hands in front of a TQ3. In this the emaxx had a vertical drop of 3 meters and is subject only to the security cable.
    The fact is that there are some sections of rock that need a little help from our hands and in Rc that is more than a little difficulty.

After 4 attempts, I will not try again this summit, I think. True emaxx black beast.
    The arrows do not reflect the main path, only a few tests I've done.
    The real surroundings and is on the other side

The approach passes through very beautiful places

-

--

--
    But soon the path is more serious for a emaxx.

Alternating with stretches easier.
    In the background we can see a way of approaching the wall.

This is a tough stretch, diagonally to the top

And this the result of trying without much conviction: A bad fall.

We shall return, and a nice rise as second prize.

Under the watchful eye of these creatures.
    It is not the first time I encounter a feast with this type of diners at the table.
    Are common in this area the falls of the sheeps and horses

Link to Hike 81, Third summit of the rocks of aia.
    http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...al%2Faya12.htm

RC Qualifier
    HIKE #82, Kartxela Peak. Western Pyrennes. Spanish French border.

Today I present my mountain hike #82, On a hilltop that struck me in the past winter.

It is an ascension of little difficulty for the Emaxx but quite long, almost 35,000mah! were required to complete te path.
    In the highest part of the top is a small stretch of rocky ridge full of emotions.

A bus of a mountaineering club parking just a few minutes before me and horror! seem to want to go to the same place.
    Is just the highest mountains in the background that seems to prick the cloud. Kartxela, a modest peak height of 2000 m .

A few minutes later, preferred walking in silence and spent some time playing in these rocks in the GR-11 trail.

Rigid axle?
    Of course not. I'm no supporter of such suspension and mobility, even used by all the crawlers and the vast majority of 4x4.

The bottom left, the first of the ramps will have to climb, the peak is further away.

The first hard ramp, two red dots indicate the position of two mountaineers who looked astonished to my Emaxx

Walk up the slope so focused on driving causes make mistakes, in this case involuntarily left the main path and got into a position more difficult each time and exposed to nasty falls.
    I had to go back to rediscover the normal way.

The last stretch is exciting, next to a wall that is not suitable for people with vertigo. It's a very strange feeling moving slowly with a RC near the edge of a cliff, it seems that what is the ground move and the car and you are on a platform, you see the meadow in the valley floor to move very slowly, not can distract half a second.

We approached the top, I hear already part of the mountaineers who were at the beginning

Kartxela summit peak. Care! the 'highway' is not very wide.

After a short break at the top to eat a little, start to return.
    What fun!, tell me these two girls.
    Really? I think. I look at both sides of the path and I hesitate.

Link to EmaxxTrail #82, Kartxela ( machine translation )
    http://www.google.com/translate?lang...m/kartxela.htm

home page: http://www.rc-hiking.com/index-eng.htm

RC Racer
    That looks like a pure blast!

RC Qualifier
    Do not think this a great place to run around with a emaxx? We will show that it is.

EMaxxcursion #83, col of Mount Petraficha , western Pyrenees, Spain.

In the middle of this splendid valley begins the path to Mount Petraficha, an affordable route but not without difficulties for the emaxx. In the image, reaching the first mountain shelter.

Then we left the shelter , visible at the bottom of the photo , and started climbing into a forest.
    Does a severe cold and windy. It's the first frost this fall , early november, at low altitude.

The trail is not difficult, but we pay a little attention,
    During the first three hours of the walk I found no one in the valley.

The mountains of the Alans, seems to follow for several miles across the valley.
    Here the wind blows so strong that it is impossible to hear the Emaxx from a meter away,
    and is a very strange feeling because it is impossible to determine whether we should give more or less throttle trigger

beginning of a beautiful stone path that we have to climb to the top, fortunately there are good traction and grip.

Soon we take a shortcut up the hill toward the maximum slope, is tough but shorter than the normal path

No doubt this is the part that needs a little more experience, will also be required to hand carry it in a few short strides.
    It is a short stretch but terribly steep and rocky

The two red dots indicate a pair of climbers and the first pass that would arrive within minutes.
    Unfortunately, in the col, less than 150 meters from the summit was found
    the limit of the sixth double battery pack and could not climb.

The return, after reaching the col at 2000m did the normal way.
    We had a very long downhill, portion of which we can see to the bottom of this picture

Link to #83 Hike (machine translated ) http://www.google.com/translate?lang...petraficha.htm

+

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by trucktrial
    At the top, a short break.

what kind of dog is that?

RC Qualifier
    just want to suggest some upgrades for you.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...ories_evx2.htm
    this esc is waterproof, so you dont have to worry about it getting wrecked by water. also, it can hold 2 7-cell batteries for more power, instead of using 6-cell batteries.

http://www.buytraxxas.com/product_in...oducts_id=2847
    get two of these,they are both waterproof as well.

http://www.promatchracing.com/prodde...?prod=5000-7UM
    these batteries have one more cell than the batteries you are using now, so they will have more power, and they are 5000mah, instead of 3000, they they will last much longer.

just suggestions, but i highly reccomend these upgrades, if money is there for you. they will suit your needs perfectly

RC Qualifier
    Is a Basque shepherd dog, Gorbea subtype. Extremely sociable and smart, very capable in the mountains. Is a female ,and now 4 years old.
    His greatest skill is to go completely unnoticed and silent in nature.
    Accompanied me and Emaxx in almost all hikes so I think it deserves a picture in this thread

Lyra, more miles than my emaxx

Thanks for the suggestions Que165 ., I know those HopUps.
    I've never had problems with moisture in the servo or ESC, but yes I've had several in the rain at the transmitter, reversing the channels. accelerating when braking or turning to the opposite side !!!
    As for the power, is more than enough for hiking of medium -high even- difficulty. Would be much more interested in reducing consumption and increasing the autonomy which leads me several times to think of a couple of Integys 45T, especially now that the axes of the Titan began to have a bit of slack.
    Last edited by trucktrial; 11-28-2009 at 11:48 AM.