RC Racer

Looking to buy a Stampede 2wd - questions

Looking to get one of these and hop it up.

Questions.
    If I get an extended chassis like FLM22300, will regular bodies still fit?

Also, I'm contemplating this
    Any reason I should not do this?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/T8130SILVER-...MAAOSwYHxWHBSO

I want this thing rock solid, that's why I was contemplating as much aluminum as possible. Some tend to not agree with this idea. Was wondering what you cats think.

RC Qualifier
    I have the flm extended chassis and the pede bodies run a little small. Here are some pics, one with stock body and one with rustler bulldog body.
    To me the rustler body fits a little better.

The link that you posted, do not buy it. It is integy and will bend and snap in very short time because of their bad quality and their customer service is horrible.
    "When in doubt, C4"

RC Racer
    Any other parts you guys suggest?

Thinking of this motor. Last guy with the pics. What tires and rims are those? That's the setup I want to go with.
    Last edited by knucklebrain; 04-03-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Well definitely don't go with Integy lol. And don't go with all aluminum... Castor blocks, and bearing holders are good to be aluminum. Don't get anything that takes direct impact, aluminum. Go with aluminum and RPM...

RC Qualifier
    Those tires and rims are from the original stampede model. You can find them on ebay. I run all front wheels being I use the rpm wide front arms

RC Racer
    So if the front arms are wide, the rear arms aren't? Doesn't that look weird?
    I noticed there are wide read arms, but I have no idea what axles would fix. Noob with the stampede here

I had the extneded 22300 but get the 22350 1/8 , its longer and has better stability

Also if you want to fully build FLM, get in tocuh with them directly, I bought also the caster blocks back in the days and that is the toughest aluminum one can have.

FLM extended cvds too are awsome, loved the strenght ands it is light wieght but can take whatever you put to it.

Not sure how those once on ebay are if they are ont integy , however I would stay away from integy.....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Just emailed them to provide me a full list and quote for all the aluminum stuff for this truck including the 22350

Quote Originally Posted by knucklebrain View Post
    Just emailed them to provide me a full list and quote for all the aluminum stuff for this truck including the 22350
    Also look at the arms, there are two type on the extended, get the 1/8 24200 front, its great the four corners are almost a true offset, you can rotate the tyres around.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by knucklebrain View Post
    So if the front arms are wide, the rear arms aren't? Doesn't that look weird?
    I noticed there are wide read arms, but I have no idea what axles would fix. Noob with the stampede here
    The front arms are shorter than the rears so the front and rear wheels are different offsets to make them the same. Not sure why traxxas had to make it complicated.

RC Racer
    So when I buy these it's gonna look all whacked isn't it. I assume these wheels don't account for the offset?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381494651878

The RPM wide arms are a little wider than stock which allows you to run the same offset all around. Almost every one runs front offsets as it gives it a wider stance. Your wheels will still be equal unless you run the stock tires the way they are which is why you can now run all the same offsets.
    The link on the wheels will not be correct, look for all fronts. You may have to purchase them in 2's to get it that way.
    Also there are other parts needed to make the RPM wide arms work look closely at the link and it will show you what is necessary for your truck...
    http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/a-...ede-2wd-black/
    Last edited by JerrysMaxx; 04-03-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    If you get those wheels you won't be able to rotate them. Do the wide front arm mod and get get all front offset wheels and it will widen your pede

RC Racer
    G'damm what a nightmare.
    So I found this, which looks pretty cool.
    You can get it with the wider arms

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...ed_Chassis_Kit

So if I got that frame kid, I would just need to get two sets of these fronts and I'm good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Fro...kAAOxyCGNTM5ZW

I'm wondering if I'd need a longer set of dogbones or axles for the rear. It doesn't say in the frame description if both arms (F + R) are extended or just the front.

I don't know how you guys figure all this crap out. I'm losing my patience already
    Last edited by knucklebrain; 04-03-2016 at 09:57 PM.

It says that you can either use the stock length arms or a wide arm (rpm wide arms, proline protrac kit). You could just use the stock shaft (recommend getting the mip x duty steel shafts) and it would work fine even with the wider stance.
    "When in doubt, C4"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasfan21 View Post
    It says that you can either use the stock length arms or a wide arm (rpm wide arms, proline protrac kit). You could just use the stock shaft (recommend getting the mip x duty steel shafts) and it would work fine even with the wider stance.
    So if I get that chassis with the wide arms, these would work for the rear end?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...77UaAreS8P8HAQ

Yes those should work
    "When in doubt, C4"