RC Qualifier

Integy Aluminum vs stock plastic trans case

Im thinking of ordering an aluminum trans case from integy, the evolution one. I was wondering if anyone knows the weight difference between the aluminum integy and stock plastic one. I know on my Rusty the back weighs more than the front already so maybe I could counter it with an aluminum bulkhead and aluminum C blocks? I was already advised against getting aluminum a arms but I really want alot of aluminum on my Rustler. I dont bash at all. Im super careful. My rustly is sort of a shelf queen if you will. It hates dirt. Yea yea I know stupid right? But I have a blast just going up and down the street showing off to the neighbors (since we all have RCs but mine is the only one that isnt broken at the moment. I dont know just typing put loud here. Have a great day guys

General consensus is that most Integy parts are beyond subpar. Poor quality alloy used. Only time I've seen someone NOT bash their product was the shocks, and even then they weren't praising, just not bashing. LOL
    Good times don't just happen.

RC Qualifier
    id keep plastic before turning to integy... compairing the two, stock plastic is probably stronger.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

The weight difference isn't to really notice.

The Integy case is one of the parts from that company that isn't pure junk, its milled aluminum, not cast. But, I avoid even the good parts from Integy on pure principal, their customer service is beyond terrible. Integy customer service once told me that their warranty does not cover abnormal wear and tear, and by simply taking the part out of the package and installing it on the RC constitutes abnormal wear and tear.

In the end, its your RC, its your money, buy your parts and run it the way that makes you happy.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    The weight difference isn't to really notice.

The Integy case is one of the parts from that company that isn't pure junk, its milled aluminum, not cast. But, I avoid even the good parts from Integy on pure principal, their customer service is beyond terrible. Integy customer service once told me that their warranty does not cover abnormal wear and tear, and by simply taking the part out of the package and installing it on the RC constitutes abnormal wear and tear.

In the end, its your RC, its your money, buy your parts and run it the way that makes you happy.
    Right. If i do go with other aluminum parts ill go with STRC for sure or traxxas .

RC Qualifier
    Altough Integy really isnt good Ive heared relatively good reviews on their tranny. But I just wpuldnt want to suport this company.... If ypu want to get an aluminium tranny get the flm one. Really one of if not the best aftermarket tranny for traxxas 2wds. Also big bonus you get toe in and the ability to adjust anti squat

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    milled aluminum doesn't mean anything over cast if the quality of the aluminum is garbage -- integy uses crappy aluminum because it is cheaper.... does their milling look good, yup, it looks good.... but you can polish a turd.....

I've got the got racing composite trans. I'd recommend that to anyone. it's helped a lot with motor temps and it's not expensive

RC Enthusiast
    If your not bashing integy looks really good
    IF IT AINT BROKE
    YOU AINT BASHIN

lol shelf queen worthy

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    but you can polish a turd.....
    Yup, Mythbusters and Integy have proven this to be true...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Wow, wish I'd known this last week, I just installed a complete integy control arm kit with steel drives, installed rear hubs, steers, & casters. I have noticed that it does not turn as sharp either.