RC Racer

Red face Tire Upgrade Time!

Hey all! My stock rustler tires are done for :P I have a sidewinder sv3 with 4600kv motor and I am in dire need of really good tires. What is the best set of tires? I use my car for speed runs on the street and run it on dirt tracks and in my dirt backyard. I would like very long lasting tires. My friend has some beadlock badlands and he told me to buy some, are those good? Please give you're best information! Thank you.
    Also i use this for speed runs:
    pinion gear: 25T Spur gear: 76T
    Dirt:
    pinion gear: 16T Spur gear: 86T
    Big tires do wheelies!!!

Tire Upgrade Time!

If you are using the set for both street and dirt then badlands are not the best choice because they wear down super fast on the street. I would recommend trenchers. If you can find them, you could also look at the sc proline switch tires. (The switch are rally style tires which means that they are a combo of street and off road tires.)
    Last edited by traxxasfan21; 08-11-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    Too much power is just enough

RC Racer
    I am also looking for good tires but are cheap, i wonder if there are tires like trenchers but cheap. If you guys find some please post
    Big tires do wheelies!!!

RC Champion
    HPI Geolanders. Proline Masher 2k's. Proline Gladiators.

Those are all cheap tires and pretty good at the role of All-Terrain. Apparently the Masher's in 2.2 are discontinued but those are awesome tires
    1 Slash 3 Rustys & visits with my old P4de/SC8

These would be good for offroad but the pins will wear down quickly on the road, and the fronts aren't really made for pavement. I like the Trenchers too. Here is a link to some Traxxas offroad tires with the pins.

If you buy without seeing, make sure the axles are correct size, and the tire height is correct for your truck.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Best way is to buy 2 sets of tires instead. For road I would say jconcepts glocs for road and proline dirt hawgs for dirt.

RC Champion
    ^^ that is almost always the best answer. But if money is tight for now the above suggestions are usually your best bet.
    1 Slash 3 Rustys & visits with my old P4de/SC8

RC Racer
    I was thinking of buying the proline trenchers and then gluing the front tires, the front tires came off but they are still in good condition. what do you guys think?
    Big tires do wheelies!!!

Don't forget to balance any new tires with modeling clay placed inside of the rim. You can re-glue tires, just clean the rubber with rubbing alcohol to remove all the dirt and glue.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    The Traxxas 2.2 Mini Summit Wheels are cheap and good all around tire
    Edward
    5 Custom Rustler's
    E-Revo Brushless