RC poster

2200kv mamba destroyed my diff!

I just recently installed a CASTLE CREATIONS 1/8 MAMBA MONSTER 2 EXTREME ESC, W/2200KV MOTOR and destroyed my diff gears! What suggestions are there to beef up my diff?

RC poster
    On a rustler? The diff dont stand a change.. the mm will rip all the diffs everytime

RC Qualifier
    if you are running in the dirt .. you could think about a solid diff locker spool ... however when you run on the street .
    your turning radius is poor to middle and ... I that for me a street with some loose dust is tolerable ...
    but a fresh swept street bites to much and I flip when sharp turning with the locker spool ...

Street, you should not have any problems. Can't you only run 4s? I run 6s in mine. Just don't go off roading in 6s. 2s is the best for bashing in dirt, rocks, or just off roads. No matter how powerful the system 2s is the way to go. I have a feeling all that the locked spool will do is cause more stress on everything else. You'll probably be getting new driveshafts. Gears will break... Not to mention, if something that moved accordingly to the speed of the gears and tires and that breaks, I highly doubt something LOCKED would do any better. Plus you'll probably rip up that plastic case. Now if you're talking about the whole transmission, get the stock gears again? Hot racing diff? Robinson hardened idler gear? And Traxxas slipper shaft? Just because your ESC and motor can handle a lot of power, does not mean that the rest of your car can.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ustler-Rustede
    My rustler if you want to see

RC poster

Older pic before the mm

Last edited by SSUlmtd; 06-27-2016 at 01:03 PM.

RC poster
    Well I tried jbweld and didnt like the locked rearend effect so went to the locale hobbyshop and picked up a stock diff for now. Got it together and shot a video of the test run. This is the link if anyone cares to view it: https://youtu.be/l6_CJe6jj8Y