Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 2132
    RC Racer
    quick question for you guys, do you guys leave on or take off the steering servo guard when using a single servo set-up? i took the one off,since there's no servo. but what about the other one with a servo? thanks
    Like alexrckid stated, it's best to leave the servo guard on the truck. I have been racing my truck with it off, and I have broken a few servo arms. I have since gone to an aluminum servo arm, plus I've put the guard back on as well. It's just another way to bullet-proof your rig against those stupid little breakage problems.
    2008 Canadian National Champ.
    www.majesticrc.com

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by m2cracing
    M2C would like to welcome Steve Slayden to our Revo drivers team for
    the 2008 Race season. He brings a lot of experience and knowledge to
    our team. Along with JJ turk, Jonothon Bennett, and Dennis Allison,
    I am sure that their Input will produce the very highest quality and
    durability for our parts.
    www.m2cracing.com
    will you guys be attending the CRCRC Midwest Nitro Winter Champs next month??
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know if there are any tracks in or around the memphis area thanks
    3.3 stock
    3.3 OS18 racing
    slash stock

RC Qualifier
    that is memphis TN
    3.3 stock
    3.3 OS18 racing
    slash stock

RC Qualifier
    i think there is a track locator on www.rccaraction.com
    revo/21max jammin crt/jammin28
    jammmin cr/ninja21

RC Competitor

Slayden or others.......?

I've got a question for some of the team drivers or others who may have tried this:

I am looking to limit my downtravel slightly. I am running the P2 rockers and was wondering what would happen if I were to remove one, or both spacers from the pushrods. I have read of others doing it, and I have even seen where Slaydaddy did it a while back on some of his setup sheets. Does anyone still do this and can someone tell me if there were any negitive effects? I find where people have done it, but no where can I find what drivers thought of it.

Here are some essentials of my setup:
    3.3 chassis
    +19mm rear arms
    Center diff 50/500/30
    Orange/Gold #2 Pistons
    P2's
    1/2" offset MTR's
    OS 21tm
    red pushrods in center hole

Thanks in advance

I tried limiting the downtravel by removing the spacers and it put a lot of stress on the pushrod ends. I would have to change pushrod ends on the rocker end after a 5 minute qual. I abandoned the idea.

RC Competitor
    I guess I see why that would be a possibility. Im assuming it would rely more on the pushrod to stop the downtravel while airborn rather than the pushrod and shock together. Thanks for th reply.....Anyone else has any input?

i got that setup on my revo. i removed i spacer and put softer springs [white] and put 40wt shock oil then move the pushrods to the inner hole and i like it for my situation. my local track has a very good blue grove with nice size jumps.

RC Enthusiast
    Less downtravel will make the truck feel very responsive on a smooth track, and nearly impossible to drive on a rough track. By limiting the down travel the truck will squat less on power, dive less on the brakes, and roll less in the corners. That all sounds good, but there are limits to what is practical. Every time the suspension reaches full droop it will momentarily remove a large percentage of traction from the tire(s). This is what causes the 'twitchy' feeling. My rule of thumb is that you should reduce ride height and downtravel together, and in a proportional manner. The stock pushrod lengths and the 'shafts level' ride height will be the most practical and commonly used setup. For very smooth tracks or pavement you can lower the ride height a few mm and reduce the downtravel to improve the responsiveness. Fortunately Revo makes all of this easy, just move the outer pushrod attachement and your ride height and downtravel will be perfectly balanced every time.

RC Racer
    if price was no object, would the 18tz or 21tm be better for racing

RC Enthusiast
    mnrevoracer- The 3.3 is better for racing. It does not miss a beat compared to the 21tm (and it is less $$$ )
    TRAXXAS ROCKS !!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the replys Tim and cajn...........I have always run my rods in the center hole......I have never even tried the outer hole. I knew this would limit downtravel and was actually what I was going to try on my next outing. The tracks I run on are generally smooth and fast with nice (somewhat large) jumps. I hope I dont bottom out too much with the pushrods in the outer location. Luckily I tend to downside the doubles pretty consistently.

RC Qualifier
    If there are good down slopes to the jumps and you're good at landing them, then less down travel would be something worth looking into.

I try to run as little down travel as the track will allow. Especially on smooth high bite tracks.

Tim's correct about the ride height vs down travel thing. You've got to allow a reasonable/ample amount of droop (or sag) at any ride height setting.

RC poster
    Hello people,
    I'm new at this forum, but I have been riding my Revo for a long time. I live in Brazil (São Paulo) and here everybody use fuel with 20% nitro. Since I started to read info about your set up, and also races in USA, I notice that you use Traxxas 33% Nitro. So here is my question: Should I modify anything in my engine in order t use this fuel, or is just out and use ? I'm worried about temperature. IF you can, please help me to solve this doubt.
    Thanks lot.
    //Cestari

RC Enthusiast
    The Traxxas 33% fuel works great in a 3.3. No modifications are necessary. Just richen the high speed needle and retune for the new fuel.

RC poster
    OK Tim Thank you for the info. I'm gonna try 33% and see what I will fell. Probably more power, right ? Anyway, thanks a lot. CestariC

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaydaddy
    If there are good down slopes to the jumps and you're good at landing them, then less down travel would be something worth looking into.

I try to run as little down travel as the track will allow. Especially on smooth high bite tracks.

Tim's correct about the ride height vs down travel thing. You've got to allow a reasonable/ample amount of droop (or sag) at any ride height setting.
    I moved the pushrods to the outer location and got to do some running today on our private track. The track conditions were excellent and it was very close to handling just like Id like. It was a bit soft in the rear, so Im thinking of going up one step in the rear springs. Thanks for all your help and if any of you have more input, please send it my way.

RC poster
    People,
    Thank for the help on my last question. I will try Top Fuel 33% soon.
    By the way, what is an acceptable temperature to the engine achieve during a Final ? Should I keep 110°C (230°F) or can I go higher ?

Regarding LiPo Bateries, is anybody using it to RX in the car ? It is much more light than the stock bateries. It is possible to save same grams. I will apreciate so much if anyody could give a litle explanation about that. I believe that is not just remove the original batery and use the LiPo instead of. What are these modiications ?

That's all for the moment,
    CestariC

RC Champion
    you will need a voltage regulator, between the battery and the receiver... and make sure you got a charger than can charge lipos, and another thing you cannot discharge lipos to much or you will damage the cells beyond repair or cause a fire... and never leave it plug into the regulator because it will be drained...
    Is there life without a revo in this world........

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CestariC
    People,
    Thank for the help on my last question. I will try Top Fuel 33% soon.
    By the way, what is an acceptable temperature to the engine achieve during a Final ? Should I keep 110°C (230°F) or can I go higher ?

Regarding LiPo Bateries, is anybody using it to RX in the car ? It is much more light than the stock bateries. It is possible to save same grams. I will apreciate so much if anyody could give a litle explanation about that. I believe that is not just remove the original batery and use the LiPo instead of. What are these modiications ?

That's all for the moment,
    CestariC

you know how to speak in english very well

kgombe dont run a lipo pack for you revo?
    Spur gear stripping king..... :D

RC Champion
    yes i do...

RC Champion
    do you think its worth the money it cost you? what are the benefits?
    Spur gear stripping king..... :D

RC Champion
    i have been runnin lipos for over 3 years now.... cause i was into planes.. and yes i think its workin

RC poster
    Kgombe,
    what is exactly a Voltage Regulator ? Is it something I will find on an Helicopter store, or it is anything I will find on an eletronic store ?
    Thanks
    //CestariC

RC Champion
    your servos are designed to take 6 volts a 2 cell lipo is 7.4 and when charged 8.4volts a regulator brings that voltage down to 6 volts which thus protecting your servos... you should be able to find it at the heli... if not here is a link to a few..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ulator&x=0&y=0

RC Enthusiast
    CestariC- I typically tune my 3.3 to a temp of 250F-270F for a main. I caution against tuning by temperature alone though because it will often get you into trouble. What you're looking for is an engine that idles just below the clutch engagement point, doesn't load up at idle, pulls strong from a standing start without any rich or lean bogs, and leaves a nice trail of blue smoke as it accelerates to max RPM. Once you can meet all of those conditions then check the temperature, it will probably be in the range I mentioned above.

RC Qualifier
    www.liverc.com will be broadcasting the Midwest electric and nitro races held @ CRCRC. tune in if you cant be there live!!!
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Champion
    Is there a posting of preregistration for this event to see who has registered so far. Thanks
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC poster
    Hello gentlemen, thank you very much for the all information you sent me. Is realy nice to know that there is a lot of informations available here at this forum regarding my "toy" Revo.
    On the links bellow, you can see my Revo in action, and also two diferentes tracks I use to ride. Bouth are quite close to my place in São Paulo - Brazil. Everybody is invited to join us there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svU7EeIMjxE
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJxV...eature=related

I hope you like.

Regard
    //CestariC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine
    Is there a posting of preregistration for this event to see who has registered so far. Thanks

http://www.crcrc.com/2008_Nitro_Confrmation_List.htm

http://www.crcrc.com/2008_Electric_confirmations.htm
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Enthusiast
    Hey i have a question about a setup i'm thinking about running on my revo 3.3: progressive 3 rockers with P3 push rods,(not sure what pistons to run please help),orange springs up front and tan in the back with 45wt in the front and rear shocks....maybe 50wt in the back. thats what i'm thinkin about so please feel free if you have any suggestions! -thanks

PS...should i run those push rods as low as possible(outside hole)???
    Last edited by DBRevo; 01-17-2008 at 07:51 PM.

RC Champion
    I run the P3 rockers with P3 rods on the inside hole. Shocks are white in the front and orange in the rear. Shock oil is 60wt on both with sway bars. Like it alot.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Enthusiast
    isnt that a little high to run the pushrods in the inside hole????

RC Champion
    isnt that a little high to run the pushrods in the inside hole????
    The pushrod location alone does not establish the ride height, it only gets it in the ballpark. Moving the pushrods in allows you to lessen the preload on the springs, and at the same time, lowers the stance. By lessening the preload, it lends to a little softer action, complimented by the white/orange springs.

Remember to always look at the suspension as a whole, not just it's individual parts.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    I was thinkin about going to the hobbie shop tomarrow and gettin either Gold front and black rear, or green front and tan rear, and both setups with 50 wt shock oil and i have p2 rockers with push rods in the middle hole. is that a good idea(which is better), and i also hear a lot of people run orange and gold springs...is that better???
    PS. can i run p3 push rods with p2 rockers???
    -thanks

RC Qualifier
    Do like I did and buy all the springs they offer and all the rockers. I have changed mine around a lot and have found different combinations for different tracks/bashing situations. As far as what is better, no one can tell you what is better for YOU. Cause what might be good for me might really be bad for you.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah i'll deff look into that. it would prob be better in the long run! haha
    do you know how much that will run??

RC Qualifier
    It was so long ago I don't remember. The springs were the most since I got all sets at once. I think they were $5 a set.
    Revo .18TM
    BL Rustler
    Stampede
    HPI Sprint 2

RC Enthusiast
    Ok cool. is it ok to use the red Al p3 push rods with p2 rockers?? and is there a benefit besides strenght???

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast