Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Originally posted by RB_RACING
    funny, I am doing just that too hahaha even though I am in FLA. Our off road track is getting completly re-vamped and another 30 ft added on each side...
    555 in Bartow? Nice. I haven't been up there in a few months, never really raced at all, just went up there to drive/play around with the Revo during the day.

I'll have to go check it out when its done one Sat night and get some Video footage again.

Banned by Warnings
    yes 555 race track and or LAKE PARK, or EASTBAY RACEWAY one of those three you'll find me there.

Hi there
    I know that a trinity pipe is a upgrade for the TRx2.5, OS18tm-tz.
    But would it still be considered a upgrade over the stock RB323 pipe.
    Was there a noticable power gain?

Banned by Warnings
    hey i am starting to get in to the world of rc. is the revo good for racing and bashing or should i go whith the jato

Banned by Warnings
    REVO....

RC Enthusiast
    Originally posted by shlum
    Hi there
    I know that a trinity pipe is a upgrade for the TRx2.5, OS18tm-tz.
    But would it still be considered a upgrade over the stock RB323 pipe.
    Was there a noticable power gain?
    The 323 pipe is a very good pipe. I doubt you will see any increase in anything but the weight as the trinity pipe is heavier.

RC Competitor

Bump start

What has to been done to convert my 2.5R to bump start?
    Revo comin through....

RC Qualifier
    You need this:http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGE5&P=7

And you should be able to use the stock flywheel, i've never tried bump starting the stock flywheel. If not then you need this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJMH9&P=ML

For the backplate to work you have to grind off the little nub on the end of the crankshaft, what i did was poke the tip through a plastic bag and using a dremel tool, grind a little bit off at a time, until the large end piece on the end of the crankshaft is flat.
    Hope this sounds clear.
    Last edited by Wheels; 12-23-2005 at 04:44 PM.
    I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Banned by Warnings

revo

kool thankx kifll

Hey Ringo i have the same OFNA tank in the same position as you.
    What i'm asking is where did you get the boxes to fit the Battery and Receiver.
    Also which one is upfront? Is it the battery?
    Thanx
    Nice revo by the way

Shulm,

They are both T-Maxx receiver boxes. (I had to find something to do with my all my T-Maxx stuff )

The RX is up front only bacaue I didn't want to have to run all my servo wires to the back and under the tank.

I tried it a couple of different ways this year but in the end wanted to be able to access my rx and battery quickly at the track if need be.

RC Racer
    what offset wheels will fit I am getting to different part #'s
    Last edited by rcracer37; 12-24-2005 at 04:26 PM.

RC Competitor
    thanks wheels! I was afraid I would have to grind that off! you can buy the 2.5R with the back plate ready for a bump starter correct?
    Revo comin through....

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure if Traxxas offers one with the backplate already installed, Well if they don't, and you don't want to do any grinding, this company offers a backplate that doesn't require any modification:
    http://www.maximizerproducts.com/Backplates.html
    I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

RC Competitor
    Hey Ringo--Is there going to be a 3rd Revo Performance set-up guide on the site?
    Revo comin through....

RC Competitor
    This weekend the local track is having an End of the Year Bash (race). I am going to enter into it, but this will be my first race. Could anyone help me out with a check list of things to go over on the Revo, what to expect at the the race, and what to pack to take to the race. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
    There is no substitute for Cubic-inches! and are only 2 Speeds: Full Throttle and parked in the garage!

Banned by Warnings
    WHERE? In Carolina?

RC Competitor
    There is no substitute for Cubic-inches! and are only 2 Speeds: Full Throttle and parked in the garage!

RC Enthusiast
    camarodvr88

#1 Take your time and clean your Revo really well. WHile you are cleaning it just look over everything really closley. #2 Have fun as this is what the hobby is about.

RC Competitor
    good advice--oh and have a few tools and glow plugs. keep it simple at first so you dont forget the most important things! Once you start to attend more events it will all be second nature.
    Revo comin through....

RC poster
    This thread is too cool to just let it die out. I've learned a lot from reading it, unfortunately it looks a little neglected as of late. While this isn't a "bump" per se, it is an effort to rekindle interest in what transpired here. Please, Mods, don't get rid of this one, its truly worth its weight in gold. Keep on truckin'!

RC poster
    Would help if Tornado would give us an update on the F3 though he may be struggling with that chassis lightening project. Need some new ideas on how we're going to prepare for the new racing season. I'm new to Nitro but learning fast thanks to you guys. Got a lot of parts to install and on order still but getting there. New Radio gear is the next big $$$ item on the list but that's what winter is for here in the NE.

Here's a little something I cut down out of a Home Depot bought "Super Two Way Adjustable Overhead Storage Hanger" part #H13010 for under $20 and an hour of my time.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/616/dsc02000.jpg

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/616/dsc02001.jpg

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/616/dsc02002.jpg

RC Racer
    I have a quick question
    I heard that you can mount any 40 series tire on traxxas 3.8's and was wondering if this was true.
    Thanks

RC Competitor
    Racing must be pretty slow these days--everyone is hibernating. Do most of you guys run the stock revo clutch?? (with the 2.5R)
    Revo comin through....

RC Competitor
    I run nothing but the stock clutch. I have had nothing but great performance with it .

RC Enthusiast
    Originally posted by PatrickK
    I run nothing but the stock clutch. I have had nothing but great performance with it .
    Have you tried the "X" clutch spring?

RC Competitor
    Yes I have run the X spring. If the track is really loose I run the stock one. If the track is high bite or has a lot of traction I run the X spring.

RC Racer
    I like the MIP clutch. it has more grip out of the package than a cut out stock...
    Out of my way !!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Hey Guys,

Just to let ya'll know, I do not own anymore REVOs. With Winter here, Off-road slows down and I have been getting ready for the Snowbirds in Orlando. This spring I will be making the jump to Unlimited MT so no REVO in my future.

This is part of the reason for my lack of posting here on the boards. No more REVO so no more posting. lol

I do check out the threads here and there so if any questions are directed towards me personally, I'll post a reply when I can.

RUNNER...................
    The "lightened" stock chassis works really well and drops almost 2 oz. vs the un-drilled stock chassis.
    2005 O'Donnell Fuel Nats Small Block TQ and Win*****2005 Summer Nitro Fest Small Block Win*****2005 Big Uns Race Small Block Win

RC Racer
    WOW....no more tornado...i learned soooo much from his postings and his mods....he'll definetly be missed..thanks for all your help tornado

Banned by Warnings
    Funny how many REVO owners are taking the plunge into the UL /MT classes LATELY LOL!!! The addiction continues.

RC Qualifier
    Awww... Tornado... That sucks man, I've only posted in the racing thread, maybe twice? But either way, your posts were always meaningful... Sucks that your ditching mister revo Have fun with the Truggy.
    Less Slow, More Go!

RC Racer
    Tornado

What truck will you be running if your not using the revo anymore?

RC Champion
    Thanks for the kind words guys.....................

We will be running MUGEN.
    2005 O'Donnell Fuel Nats Small Block TQ and Win*****2005 Summer Nitro Fest Small Block Win*****2005 Big Uns Race Small Block Win

RC Champion
    Tornado...I never posted anything meaningful on your thread, but I read every page (over many days ).

It always struck me how nice it was that you took the substantial time that you did to answer questions, and discuss your ideas.

I learned so much from you, and really appreciate the huge effort you made to help us all learn.

Thank you very much for everything, and best of luck in your future endeavors!!

RC Enthusiast
    Tornado

Though your Revo was a bit extreme Your time spent to post pictures of many mods and tire mounting and such will be missed.

RC Competitor

i

I am thinking about getting me a revo.. are they more duraable than a rustler?
    needsarevobob for president in 2012

RC Champion
    yup

RC Competitor
    It's a sad day to see the revo master no more, good luck tony TA! for us all, the ideas and pics and advise where great, cheers take care.
    Oh can i buy some X-wings from you pleeeezzz??
    DRIVE SAFE & HARD!

RC Enthusiast
    What is the best way to setup the throtle (sp) linkage for racing.

Thanks

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast