Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Slaydaddy, I noticed you recommend a different toe for the rear depending on if you have a center diff. Can you explain why?

Thanks
    Cogito Ergo Zoom. I Think, Therefore, I Drive Fast.

RC Qualifier
    With the solid shaft, there is no power transferred to the front from the rear under acceleration out of a corner. The rear has equal amount as the front. There is more of a chance of over-acceleration from the rear wheels. This will cause the rear to be a little loose. The extra rear toe is to compensate for that.

For those that use the center diff you'll know that when you hammer on the throttle the rear end stays more planted due to a lot of power being transferred to the front. By the changing the center diff fluid, up or down, you can manage how much is transferred. With a solid shaft, it's 100% all the time.

The benefit of the solid shaft is its ability to lay the power down for better acceleration out of the corners, but this is only better in a smooth high-bite situation. The center diff is better in the loose and on bumpy tracks, where the solid shaft tends to wanna wash out.

RC Qualifier
    not familiar with Pitpass....can somebody point me to it.

Thx.

RC Champion
    Got nitro?

RC Qualifier
    thank you!

RC Champion
    This is a question for slaydaddy, what steering and throttle servos do you use?
    "Winning isn't everything... it's the only thing."

RC Qualifier
    Currently still using the Hitec 5996TG on steering and Hitec 5925MG on throttle. They may have new model numbers with improvements that have replaced these, so check/research before you buy. I've been very happy with these though.

The 5996 is a workhorse with great speed - perfect for steering a MT.

The 5925 gives very precise throttle control and is very fast. This may take some adjustent for some drivers to get used to.

RC Champion
    Ok, thanks slaydaddy.

RC Enthusiast
    hey guys found this clutch and it is the best thing since sliced bread lol its at www.m2cracing.com its an 1/8th scale spring set up with 3 different spring choice's it is great hooks up very well and is lasting great better than any other alum. shoe i have tried!!!!!

2006 monster truck points runner up @ kilby's extrem r/c
    2005 monster truck points champ @kilby's extrem r/c

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is a stock revo 2.5 roar legal?

RC Champion
    Yes, the stock 2.5r is roar legal.

RC Competitor
    I have been reading this thread from beginning to end and have purchased 4 sets of tires to get started with based on what I have read, but I don't really know how they stand up against each other as far as soft to hard and how well they wear. I will be racing on different surfaces so I need a good variety. If those of you that are familiar with the following tires could advise me on their properties it would be awesome.

Boas clay compound

Pythons soft compound

Crimefighters standard compound

Bowties M2 compound

If a tire gets good grip as well as good wear please indicate that as well. And if anyone is racing out there and having good results with a tire I haven't listed please let me know. Most of the tracks I will be racing on are kept well wetted during the race and are generally smooth.

Thanks,
    Jack
    Last edited by Joe Racer; 10-29-2006 at 11:58 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Racer
    I have been reading this thread from beginning to end and have purchased 4 sets of tires to get started with based on what I have read, but I don't really know how they stand up against each other as far as soft to hard and how well they wear. I will be racing on different surfaces so I need a good variety. If those of you that are familiar with the following tires could advise me on their properties it would be awesome.

Boas clay compound

Pythons soft compound

Crimefighters standard compound

Bowties M2 compound

If a tire gets good grip as well as good wear please indicate that as well. And if anyone is racing out there and having good results with a tire I haven't listed please let me know. Most of the tracks I will be racing on are kept well wetted during the race and are generally smooth.

Thanks,
    Jack
    proline holeshots mounted on narrowed maxx velocity wheels w. stock foams were the ticket for me this weekend. ive been running boa clay for a while w/ good result but the holeshots were hooked up!!! i also was using atmo's diff setup and it worked well!!!

RC Champion
    question for steve slayden.....what kind of results can i expect from a 30-300-10 diff setup on my race revo. the tracks that i typically run on are not blown out and are a watered clay mix.

RC Racer
    I didnt notice where that track was that slay talked about that set up. Myself,I am finding myself having to redo my whole truck basicly. The new track that I race at is basicly my first time racing on a blue groove track.
    Placed 3rd in the Amain in the fall classic we just had this weekend to which I was pleased about. Ran there the whole 30main after starting 4th. But the front end pushed bad going in the corners so I lost alot of speed and time in that area. So I didnt have a whole lot of corner speed.
    What I have so far.
    Front:
    45wt/green/#1
    4 clips in front
    Camber I forget at this time. Tow,well what is lined up by eye right now.But I know I have way to much toe out.
    Pins in upper
    50k in front diff.
    No center diff

Rear:
    45wt/gold/#2
    Pins lower
    Toe is in,not as much as the front is out. Camber,I also forget that,but not as much as the front from what I can tell.(I do have a gauge from RPM)
    30k in rear diff

Outer holes on all 4 pushrods. Holeshots with ofna molded yellow foams on PL Maxx 23mm offset rims. The Boa C's and holeshots were top choice,with bowties close behind.
    I am also running a 15/40 gearing with stock trans gears.

I am thinking about moving the back pins up like the front. Just felt like the nose was not 'digging in' like I would have liked it too. Also thinking about a tan/tan with 50wt for the shocks. How well would these work for a indoor clay track(they didnt water at all this weekend after practice started on friday). And any other ideas on what to go with?
    Temps are on the cool side. This weekend was in the 50's,inside was alittle more then that. Around 60 maybe or just under.
    Last edited by Casketman27; 10-30-2006 at 06:07 AM.
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC Qualifier
    Alex, It sounds pretty high-bite and smooth, so you may diff out a bit up front, but you should have very good turn-in with that set up. Your diff action may tranfser too quickly from corner to corner though.

If your truck is diffing out and you want to tone down the diffs to be able to use more power, then try bumping your front up to 50K, your center up to 500K, and your rear up to 30K. This will tighten the truck up and you should be able to gain more acceleration and more control on the tacky surface.

I've been own to run as high as 300K in my front diff when the bite is extremely high. Reduce your rear toe to about 1.5-deg, and you can drive pinned with this setup.

RC poster
    Need some help running 18tz with trinity pipe and it keeps blowing gaskets what pipe do i need to run to solve this problem
    Sig edited for content

NC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaydaddy
    Alex, It sounds pretty high-bite and smooth, so you may diff out a bit up front, but you should have very good turn-in with that set up. Your diff action may tranfser too quickly from corner to corner though.

If your truck is diffing out and you want to tone down the diffs to be able to use more power, then try bumping your front up to 50K, your center up to 500K, and your rear up to 30K. This will tighten the truck up and you should be able to gain more acceleration and more control on the tacky surface.

I've been own to run as high as 300K in my front diff when the bite is extremely high. Reduce your rear toe to about 1.5-deg, and you can drive pinned with this setup.
    agreed. i ran 70k 500k 50k this weekend on a clay high bite track and loved the results. did not diff out at all!! i also went green front springs w/50 wt and tan rear springs w/ 50wt and w/ the holeshot tires was hooked up!!
    SLASH
    Team Bad Boy Racing
    www.crcrc.com

RC Enthusiast
    this is for slaydaddy the track i run at is just loose dirt and the jumps are not that big and it is bumby

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
    I will try to get some pics together this weekend of some of the new parts for the F3.

Here is a small list of what will go on the truck:

Milled lightweight stock chassis
    Milled lightweight bulkheads
    SB (Set Back) Rear Arms
    Hardened Steel Diff gears
    Hardened Steel ring/pinion gears
    Hardened Steel spur gear
    Flourine Coated diff cups
    Center one-way w/rear mounted brake
    Adjustable one-way front driveshafts

Tornado, please where can I have more informations about Center one-way w/rear mounted brake
    Adjustable one-way front driveshafts[/QUOTE] and buy it? Tanks a lot

RC Champion
    hi steve....would you be kind enough to tell us what type of track would be best suited for a 30-300-10 diff setup on a 3.3 race revo that has all of your suggested mods....plus. using variations on the toe/camber settings but have all caster slips foward. thanks.

RC Qualifier
    OK im sure it's something ive experienced and am unfamiliar with the terminology... but can someone please give me a run down of what you would expect when you're "diffing out"?

Also, stock 3.3 diff oil weight... 10k?
    [Traxxas REVO 3.3]: Tekno wing mount. GH aluminium bits'n'pieces. FOC. Spektrum. 40s Velocity & Bow-Tie

RC Racer
    I think stock is 30k,or is it different with the 3.3?
    I'm back! =)
    Drews garage:
    Mugen MBX-5T

RC Qualifier
    crazy, That sounds like something that should start with a good all-around setup. Start with the base setup.

alex, not sure 'exactly' what you're asking with the caster/camber part, but check out my setup guides for what caster and camber changes will make, and that will get you in the right direction. 30-300-10 is going to feel a little different to different people. For me, it's good on fair to really loose conditions - Also with bumps and potholes. Loamy track. Will turn in good, but will lose some on-power steering, rear bite should be good though.

Futura, 'diffing out' is another term for 'unloading'. It's when the unloaded side (or wheel(s)) of the differential breaks traction and over-rotates. This reduces power to the ground losing momentum, thus slowing you down. It's ideal to get as much power to the ground as possible by maintaining positive traction on all four corners.

RC Competitor
    Slaydaddy,

I noticed everyone was running the 3.3 at nationals. Is the 3.3 considered a small block? Some one told me it was just under at like .2099 and anything .21 and above is a big block. Is this correct? One of my local tracks only allows small blocks due to the size of the track, so everyone runs the TM or TZ. If the 3.3 qualifies as a small block I would like to try to run that. Any thoughts?

Jack

RC Champion
    3.3 is a small block
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    Slaydaddy, Johnny Ringo

I've heard rumors of a sway bar on the revo. Any chance we can see some pics? Are either one of you running yet?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    Slaydaddy, Johnny Ringo

I've heard rumors of a sway bar on the revo. Any chance we can see some pics? Are either one of you running yet?

Interesting!
    "The Will To Win Is Worth Nothing Unless You Have The Will To Prepare"
    In garage is Race REVO 3.3 with goodies, Revo 3.3, T-Maxx, 2.2 Crawler, Clod Crawler

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Racer
    Slaydaddy,

I noticed everyone was running the 3.3 at nationals. Is the 3.3 considered a small block? Some one told me it was just under at like .2099 and anything .21 and above is a big block. Is this correct? One of my local tracks only allows small blocks due to the size of the track, so everyone runs the TM or TZ. If the 3.3 qualifies as a small block I would like to try to run that. Any thoughts?

Jack
    Joe if your talking about SRS yes you can run the 3.3 there.

RC Champion
    steve....when i indicated "variations in the toe/camber settings", what i meant was that i vary those settings depending upon track conditions...from the settings that you have on the set-up sheets. but, i have great success with a caster setting with all 4 clips foward. thanks for the good info in connection with the 3-300-10 question that i had.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK
    Joe if your talking about SRS yes you can run the 3.3 there.
    That was where I was thinking about. Thanks.

RC Competitor
    So which is more powerful? The 3.3 or the OS TZ .18. I was told that Slaydaddy and others were running the TZ at one time. What does everyone think?

Jack

RC poster
    I just got the traxxas central dif + rear brake upgrade.

What's a good all-around diff oil setup for racing?

Thanks!

RC Champion
    Abras

My best all around setup and I have tried everything.

70-500-50 this setup works well on most tracks. I mix 100k with 50k to get 70k IAMI has a mixing table posted in the racing thread.

RC poster
    Abras

My best all around setup and I have tried everything.

70-500-50 this setup works well on most tracks. I mix 100k with 50k to get 70k IAMI has a mixing table posted in the racing thread.
    Thanks, where can I buy 500k?

RC Champion
    Kyosho america 500k silicone oil google it and it should come up

RC poster
    Got it, Thanks again.

RC Competitor
    Slaydaddy, Johnny Ringo

I got a chance to check out Steve Slayden's revo this last Sunday and the sway bar setup is really wild looking. On the font, he is using some red aluminum toe link bars connected to his rocker arms and then the other end connected to a sway bar pointing up from the spot where your thottle and steering servo wires run. The back setup is sort of similar. This description might sound confusing, but it's the best I can do without pictures. If Steve is out at the Johnny Cool Guy track this Sunday, I will take some pictures if he will allow me and post them here. I guess we'll see. The guy who won one of the qualifiers was running some sway bars as well if I remember correctly.

To me, this sway bar setup seemed like a VERY quick way of changing your suspension stiffness or dampening without having to swap out the springs or shock oil which can take some time. It seems as though you can adjust the toe link bars up and down on the sway bar or make them shorter or longer in a few seconds making changes to your suspension...........very clever!!

Steve, if you do not want me posting this info, let me know and I will remove it immediately!!

- bspate -
    Racing Revo with some racing stuff....

RC Champion
    Thanks, get a pic of tim's as well if you can. So does it have an ackerman? I like the idea of being able to keep traction on the inside wheels as you go thru a corner. I think some of us are going down for the turkey leg and hopefully take a look at it then. If there messing around with swaybars it makes me wonder if there is a buggy in the future.

RC Competitor
    IAMI, You and Craig use a substance on you pillow balls for lube and I can't remember what is was?

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast