Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    OBM ran this one on his Revo back then: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFAZ8&P=7 Pictures are on page 1.

It was custom made in the Traxxas R&D Dept.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if the T-Maxx header might work.......flip it around.
    Where's the 1/8 Revo?

RC Competitor

snapped the rear break linkage on my revo today :(

has anyone else broken the rear break linkage?
    i was having a blast at SRH and boom, no rear breaks.
    the rear brake rod broke right about in the middle.
    any ideas?

RC Enthusiast
    I'm curious as to why the Revo runs really thick diff oils. I run 2-10k range in my front/rear diffs in my truggy, and 10-30k for the center. What makes the Revo so different?

RC Champion
    Tranny, and it has half the gears as most diffs. I'm running 40-400-40. I saw in slaydens set-up sheet he's running 100-500-50. I haven't gone up that high on my front yet. I really didn't notice any difference above 400k. I do really recomend going up in the rear thou, it will level out your rear when off power.

As far as the rear brakes breaking I haven't had any trouble and I haven't heard of anyone having problems yet. I set mine up with a star servo horn, it gave me more options on my brake bias set-up. It also takes the rod off of the tranny so there is no nothing for the rod to inpact.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    I do really recomend going up in the rear thou, it will level out your rear when off power.
    Atmo, what do you mean by this? I have never heard of "level out the rear".

RC Champion
    Well i was breaking in a motor and noticed when i let off the throttle my rear end would squat, but when I stopped it was level. So it got me thinking about my rear diff. i went up on the weight at the time i was running 7k rear. I put and extra diff in that had 30k in it and the problem stopped. Now when I let off the throttle and it's rolling under no power or brake the rear is level. So going into a turn off power and off the brake it's level. It seems to work around the 30k mark. I'm going to try 50-500-30 and see what happens. I never notice this before the CD so i don't know if it's a CD thing or not.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

Are you running a 3.3 chassis with the standard rear a arms?

RC Champion
    Yes and mainly .19 The only new thing I've put on my truck are the GRP tires with 1/2 offset great tire but there are no wheels available except some premounts on 17mm with 0 offset, so I've had to mod some 40 series and cut them way back.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

That is where you extra sag is coming from in the rear. Weight shifts backwards with the extended chassis. Weight shifts forward with the swept back rear a arms.

RC Champion
    Yes but when I went to the higher diff fuild in the rear it levels out when I let off of the throttle where as before it wouldn't level out until it came to a stop. Now she levels out around the 10mph mark off throttle.

I going to try out slaydens set-up on the diffs tonight or tomorrow. i went ahead and put 100-500-50k and see how she handles.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    I keep stripping spurs like they are made of butter me and 18t run on the same track and we are going to try 17-40 Robinsons racing. But I figured my spur problem my lower screw on the under side of the chassis to hold alinment wiggled out.

I run 100k in the center and I like it what do you guys think the best set up would be for the other diff 30-100-7 or 7-100-7 or 10-100-7 or 30-100-10
    YGR: JJ [URL="freewebs.com/younggunzracing"]freewebs.com/younggunzracing[/URL]

RC Champion
    i don't like any of those options. I'm running 50-400-50

I just put 100-500-50k "Slaydens set-up" I'll run her tonight and see how it goes. But imo anything under 400k is a waste of time. You really need to go up on both front and rear to get the right effect of the cd. tapping your tires helps with the over diffing but it still won't help the unloading problems. Haven't you noticed some shifting issues or she doesn't come out of the hole as strong. Are you running the 2.5r with 100k? I haven't tried it with the 2.5 but with the smaller motor she wouldn't unload as easy
    Last edited by atmo; 07-25-2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Qualifier
    3.3 right now my set up is 30-100-75%of 10k

RC Qualifier
    I like it alot more control then the solid and It inproved my laps from 56 seconds-58 to 44-47 seconds you do the math

RC Competitor

Couple of Q's........

I am putting together another truck since I sold my old one about 4 months ago and it was a QT truck so the new one is gonna be totally different.
    Its gonna be a small tire bt-mt's, cf-mt's or boa's, short chassis, long rear arm, center diff ,rear brake truck, The old truck was a QT truck so I think Iam gonna have alot of work to get alot of off-power steering into this thing.
    Is there an easy way to put more antisqat in the rear????
    Where are you getting the 500K diff oil????

ROY HELP!!!!!!!
    Last edited by revoracewinner; 07-25-2006 at 09:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    mugen makes it I believe

RC Competitor
    Found it........ Thanks.

RC Competitor
    kyosho makes 500k fluid as well.

RC poster
    I ran the setup RDracing posted a few pages back. Let me tell you my truck was dialed. I turned some of the fastest laps I ever turned. Thanks RD racing.

haywood,

You are welcome! More people should try it, glad to hear you have, and thanks for posting your findings!

Roy

RC Competitor
    misbehavin'-- How do you like the trc tires?? did they fit on wabash wheels? thanks for the info.

RC Qualifier
    What's up everybody??? Monster Madness in couple of weeks. Gotta go!!!

http://www.rcmadness.com/entryforms/...er_Madness.pdf

Hey Roy, what's up man? Hope things are going well. We missed ya this year at the USMT. The Nats are coming up though. Have you gotten in yet?

RC Champion
    I'll be there at Monster Madness. First time for me. I heard it was awesome last year so Im definitally going up this time. Looking forward to meeting and racing with you Steve.
    Got nitro?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by atmo
    i don't like any of those options. I'm running 50-400-50

I just put 100-500-50k "Slaydens set-up" I'll run her tonight and see how it goes. But imo anything under 400k is a waste of time. You really need to go up on both front and rear to get the right effect of the cd. tapping your tires helps with the over diffing but it still won't help the unloading problems. Haven't you noticed some shifting issues or she doesn't come out of the hole as strong. Are you running the 2.5r with 100k? I haven't tried it with the 2.5 but with the smaller motor she wouldn't unload as easy
    Can youlink me to that setup sheet please?

Also why the big jump to 100k/50K? Won't that make it really hard to steer on power?

RC Qualifier
    I dont know steve I think you are going to have a tough time getting by nitrobasher he is a exetremely god drive I'd love to watch it.

Hey Steve, I am hanging in there. Yes, I was upset that I missed it too. Entry for Nats is going in the mail tomorrow.

RC Champion
    RD Racing With the axle carriers are there any issues with metal to metal contact on the pivot balls and are they available in sets of two? I have had some issues lately with my axle carriers and more to the point my pivot balls poping out. The RPMs do not hold any better and might even be worse than stock.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Champion
    I had one RD carrier that looked like the ball was about to pop through and Jackie sent me a new one. I think that one had a machining error becuase I've never had a problem since.

Does anyone know a site that sells the 500k diff oil? I can't find it anywhere in stock.
    Got nitro?

RC Qualifier
    It isn't in stock any where from what I can see I have google'd it over and over still no luck.

RC Champion
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    I found the setup sheet http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/s..._ss_usmt06.pdf

Seems like am extreme change. Last I read 50/300/30 was the way to go?

RC Champion
    Right know I'm running 70-500-50 and this is the best set-up for my track. We have 2 sweeping straight awys that I can go full wood with the cd and a woop section that without the cd it's blip all the way thru but with the cd if you get off the rythme then I can hold a stedy throttle all the way thru. I've didn't like 300 from the 2nd day I had it and went to the diff lock with 300k before I had 500k. This set-up hooks up. I'm as strong off the line and it doesn't unload at all. but from 400 it's hardly noticable. In the center I have tried everything from 100-800, front 20-100 and rear 7-50. If you stay below 50 on your front I found that if you match it in the rear it hooks up better but don't go below 30k in the front.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Competitor
    So on a tight track with losts of turns and only one straight I wouldn't need to go as high as you?

Is there something about that track (Johnny Cool Guy) that Slayden decided to use 100/500/50?

Sorry, just trying to understand.

RC Champion
    On a tight track you want it to come out of the turns strong so you might try 50-450-50 or 50-400-30. I really like my current set-up and would feel comfortable with it on any track. I did go to the standard ratio 15/40 for an inbetween feel.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com

RC Enthusiast

Truggy & REVO rim/tyre comparasion..?

I have a REVO 2.5. All the guys at the track race truggies. Has someone put smaller diameter tyres on the REVO.? I feel with the smaller rims the truck will be more faster & more agile.
    The std REVO rims feel heavy & scrubs a lot of speed through the corners.
    I want to try & still use my REVO to keep with the truggies.HELP

Any opinions on this idea...?
    T-Maxx RULES~!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaj
    I have a REVO 2.5. All the guys at the track race truggies. Has someone put smaller diameter tyres on the REVO.? I feel with the smaller rims the truck will be more faster & more agile.
    The std REVO rims feel heavy & scrubs a lot of speed through the corners.
    I want to try & still use my REVO to keep with the truggies.HELP

Any opinions on this idea...?
    I run bowtie mt's on 1/2 offset rims, they are awesome. They turn way better than 40 series, and maxx sized tires.

RC Champion
    I put a set of panther lowpros on but for a big track that has any rough stuff I wouldn't recomend it. Theres a small indoor track that I use them on that is very smooth and just a few jumps and they hook-up great. Even on a small track with a 60-70 straight I had to gear it 16/34 and I still needed alittle more for that small of a straight. They do corner great though.
    Hip Pocket Racing

revo-world.com