RC Qualifier

Revo vs Jato drag race

I was at my typical bashing spot when a guy with a stock Jato arrived. We decided to drag race them. My Revo smoked him out of the hole but he quickly reeled me in and passed me then stayed ahead about 5-6 truck lengths. I wasnt expecting to beat him but then again I didnt think it would be that close on the top end. His freind had a radar gun and clocked my Revo at 47 mph and the Jato at 52 mph. Wonder how I can get another 5 mph out of my Revo and possibly take him. Any suggestions?
    Traxxas Revo--JR XS3--OS.21 VZ-B V-Spec--RB Air Filter--Qoncepts Stage 3 RBBC--OFNA 3-shoe alloy clutch--Hitec 5945MG Steering--Hitec 624MG Throttle--FOC--38/18--Wide Ratio--RPM arms--Lunsford Prepped--Tekno 250cc tank--CP 2.0--Proline Wing--RD Starter Box

RC Racer
    Trinity Hi-Flow pipe lol I don't know
    Racing Revo in the works.....

RC Champion
    gearing and those bigger tires would give you more speed but take away from your exeleration. It would be kinda hard to beat a jato in a drag but off roading the revo would kick but. see if he would drag race in tall grass then you might have a better chance of beating him.
    traxxas revo and mini lst2

soldierman1973
    get a rb323

RC Qualifier
    no, the rb has more hp but not as many revs, get a tz or port the tm.
    2 and 1/2 revos and LST. one stock revo, other needs chassis and tranny. Other revo, specs follow. futaba 3pk with spektrum,rb 323 pull start, rpm arms, hitec 5625 130oz .14 throttle, hitec 5955 333oz .15 steering, rc solution cage, big joe tires

Banned by Warnings
    man I want to race somone with my jato....I smoke all the cars on the road =P (35MPH speed limit, not many will speed above 50, especially to race a remote control car )

RC Champion
    Drakan,

Head down to woodhaven, Ill run ya with my 18T :P Prolly wont have a shot at the Jato with my TMed Revo, but Ill be ordering a Jato in a couple weeks, Ill race car to car then (after I break it in of course) You can come play on my ramps with my Revo owning neighbor (my wife says Im a bad influence hahahahaha)
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Qualifier
    How about I show up and smoke both of them..LOL

Seriously consider a taller gear combo or a wide ratio tranny set-up. Or both. My TM with a 16/36 and wide ratio set-up is very fast. I will have to ask a buddy of mine (cop) to gun it.
    I have too many upgrades to list....

Banned by Warnings
    I have a police radar gun, show up, ill clock em =P

I pmed you Ken.

My revo runs 16/38 with wide ratio, once I hit second my revos gone.

Ill clock my cars once I get time, Its kind of rough to clock a car that your driving that fast...One handed driving at LEAST 60mph is ruthless...my revo does 52 last time i clocked it, that was RIGHT after break in though..

I know my jatos faster....its outrageously fast heh, It will be running again tommorow, I let a buddy of mine ddrive it in a small parking lot and he stripped the steering servo.

RC Enthusiast
    I purchased a O.S 18TM for my Revo BUT I am thinking of putting it in my Jato. The fastest I ever had my Revo was 38.9 (Zipped Tied my Garmin Legend GPS to the back.) and the JATO I have not tested yet but I KNOW it is STUPIED FAST With the STOCK Motor.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, the OS.21 V-Spec is in, I will drag race that Jato again, I will let you guys know what happends.
    Traxxas Revo--JR XS3--OS.21 VZ-B V-Spec--RB Air Filter--Qoncepts Stage 3 RBBC--OFNA 3-shoe alloy clutch--Hitec 5945MG Steering--Hitec 624MG Throttle--FOC--38/18--Wide Ratio--RPM arms--Lunsford Prepped--Tekno 250cc tank--CP 2.0--Proline Wing--RD Starter Box

RC Competitor
    Use at least an 18t cb with that motor. I have settled on a 20/38 combo running 40 series Mashers. The front end still comes up.
    Rich

Banned by Warnings
    I dont know, I have a RB 323 in my revo, The engine has only 3 tanks of gas through it and I can tell its way faster and way more powerful then the os18tm. I put my os18tm on my brand new Jato I got yesturday also, this thing flies I cant wait to get to an open lot or field. I just bought a radar gun my guess is the Revo will hit around 50(16cb 36spur) and the Jato will hit around 60

RC Racer
    If you are gonna race a jato, find the softest, most tore up dirt. Thats were the 4wd will realy pay dividents. If you race a jato on the street, you will get ow3ned.

RC Qualifier
    Im with "Drakan" My revo runs the same 16/38 with Wide ratio.

I raced my Brothers Stock Jato and i was impressed with my REVO, its like we were runnig neck and neck... The jato is super fast on the take off, but so is my O.S 18 w/ Trinity high flow

Not to get too happy though; stock vs. stock, a Jato will smoke the REVO.
    Last edited by bluephi1914; 09-18-2005 at 08:15 PM.