RC poster

first generation T-Maxx (box stock)

Ok I have had a T-Maxx since they first came out, its always been box stock (only upgrade is a mudguard airfilter & extention neck).

Anyway it sat in its tote/carry bag for the last two years becouse I was too busy to mess around with RC's (new baby & all).

Anyway the other day I got it out, charged the battery packs and tuned it up, I got it running real good and did a bit of backyard bashing and then jumped on the net to check the local race track scheduals for this upcoming season.

It seems that no-one is running box stock 1st gen T-Maxx's anymore.

In fact I could'nt find any tracks locally that were even running box stock 2nd gen T-Maxx's.

Oh they had modified T-Maxx class's, but my original Pro .15 engine is still running fantastic, it still has great compression, still is 100% reliable and is still powerful enough to haul my T-Maxx around the track at 30+mph.

Anyway, am I going to have to start upgrading in order to race it? or should I just keep it box stock & build my own track?

Banned by Warnings
    Dangerously close to being banned for silly stuff.
    90% driver, 10% truck

Banned by Warnings
    HI!
    I have a Revo and a mostly stock 1st gen T-Maxx ,
    Only MIP Stinger Rear Exhaust !

RC poster
    I think I am just going to build a track in my backyard, I have been working on a couple of drawings and came up with a decent layout for the space I have.

Its about 300' from start to finish & the track lane will be 8' wide, with two main 65' straightaways, 6 RH turns, 3 LH turns, (3 burmed) with a bunch of table tops, jumps & whoops in the middle section.

I doubt a standard stadium truck would survive very long on it, but the T-Maxx shouldnt have a problem with it.

The wife is even ok with the idea - and that was going to be the main obsticle, but we've a humongeous yard so its all good.

I'll probably just use some portable scaffolding that I have for a drivers stand, its only big enough for two people to stand up on though.

I aint sure I would need more than that, it'll probably be just me & my neighbor who also has a box stock 1st generation T-Maxx racing on it.

You can still race, on weekdays when everyone practices. you mite be able to race in the modified but you wont be as compedative. But as uetester said you can be very compedative with a slower truck, because my brother has an electric rustler, and he sometimes neats me on the track.