Guidelines for discussing aftermarket engines:
The Traxxas message board is provided as a service for current and future Traxxas customers where they can exchange information and ideas about ownership, function, usage, modification, and enjoyment of Traxxas products.
In response to questions we have received regarding the removal of threads about other manufacturer’s engines, we are posting these guidelines to help you know what content is acceptable and what content will be removed. Please be aware that moderators do not delete content solely on the basis that it mentions a non-Traxxas, aftermarket engine. The determining factor is whether the discussion is application or service related.
The moderators will allow discussion regarding:
1. Pros and cons of purchasing an aftermarket engine for your Traxxas vehicle.
2. Sharing your experiences, either bad or good with a particular engine.
3. Posting what it took to install the engine and what you had to modify to make it work in your Traxxas vehicle.
Please note that these issues are specifically related to the application of that product in your Traxxas vehicle. The Traxxas message board is not the place to discuss how to repair, tune, or otherwise service other manufacture’s engines. It is the engine manufacturer’s responsibility to dedicate resources and provide that type of information and support for their customers. Here are the things that will get your post deleted and, if you persist, get you warning points.
1. Posting tuning questions or answers about a non-Traxxas engine.
2. Posting repair and troubleshooting tips for non-Traxxas engines.
3. Posting where to find the lowest priced parts for non-Traxxas engines (other than a simple direction to check at your LHS).
4. Attempting to get troubleshooting information for a non-Traxxas engine
If you purchase a non-Traxxas aftermarket engine for your model, we suggest that you first know and understand what kind of support is available for that engine directly from the manufacturer. If they cannot provide accurate, timely, and reliable support, do not look to the Traxxas message board as a substitute. Traxxas moderators will not allow technical support related discussion for non-Traxxas aftermarket engines. If you have problems with a non-Traxxas engine you will need to contact the manufacturer directly or consult the LHS where you purchased the engine. If you have questions regarding this policy, please PM the forum moderators.
Last edited by Nitro Chicken; 07-27-2010 at 02:07 PM.
"Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"