RC poster

Question broken upper suspension arm

I broke my upper suspension arm on the left front side of my car. I debating whether to buy a replacement part and fix it myself or birng it in to a shop and have them do it. Would it be hard to do it myself? I dont know much about it but im not sure how hard it would be. Please give me some suggetions!!

RC Racer
    I would just replace it.
    Look on e-bay sometimes you can get them on the cheap
    SMOKE ME A KIPPER - I'll be back for breakfast

Tervuren
    Just get a replacement part is the easiest way. You don't realy need to bring it to a shop, the job is quite simple. Unscrew the hingepin, and unscrew the pillowball that goes into the end of the arm, and you're done detaching the upper arm. You may want to remove the shocks from the lower arm to help you remove it, which is simple, just unscrew the screws holding thme to the lower arm. Reverse the proccess to instal the new arm.

RC poster
    o ok, thanks

RC Qualifier
    you should upgrade to rpm they have a lifetime warrenty and are fairly cheap
    TYCO! thats how you Spell RC. LOL

RC poster
    whats rpm??

Tervuren
    A compnany that makes after market products for the Maxx. The RPM arm is softer, more bendable, and is harder to break.

RC Competitor
    well, here is how i would go about doing it.

first remove the tire, it will make it easier. (8mm wrench i believe, or 5/16th wrench, not too sure on the exact size)

then you have to remove the bumper mount. if you don't move that you won't be able to acess the hinge pin. there are two screws that hole on one side of the bumper mount (use a number two screw driver to remove the screws).

now with the bumper mounts removed you can access the hinge pin or suspension pin. use a #2 phillips screw driver to unscrew the pin. once it is loose you can pull th epin right out, if you can't do it by hand you can use a pliers to get a better grip on it.

now, disonnect the shocks. you can either do it at the top of the shock or the bottom. you'll probably have an easier time disconnecting the shocks at the bottom, where they attach to the lower arm. (i can't remember whether to use a 2.5mm wrech or a #2 screw driver. but i think its a #2 phillips screw driver).

if you look at the knuckle you will see two big hex shaped holes. insert a 2.5mm allen wrench in there to unscrew the pillow ball. you may have a hard time getting the allen wrench into the pillow ball. to make it easier make the suspension arm level to the ground by compressing the suspension a little.

you can now pull the upper arm off.

to install the new arm do this:

put the arm where it will be installed. first put the two shocks through the arms, don't attach them to lower arm yet. then re-install the hinge pin, then re attach the pillow ball into the tip of the arm. after that is done reattach the shock to the lower arm, and put the bumper mount back in its place.

you don't need a hobby shop to do this work for you. learning how your truck works is a great thing to know. it saves you cash, since you don't have to pay others to do it for you, and if something goes wrong you'll know what went wrong and what is needed to fix it.

don't be afraid to take your truck apart. if you just go slowly and concentrate you will know how to put your truck together and learn how it works.
    -Kap
    Traxxas/Ofna E-maxx Hybrid
    Traxxas Revo

RC Racer

easy

Not to hard I broke a lower a arm and it wasnt to hard, one thing u need to know is DONT SCREW THE SCREWS TO TIGHT THATS OUTSIDE OF YOUR PIVIT BALLS IF YOU TAKE TIRE OFF TRUCK WONT TURN YOU WILL PASS OUT LIKE I ALL MOST DID. I only had MAXX a month and I need a new lower Aarm so I suggest the rpms havnt tried the but got to work a little better than stock oh not being rude but you want the truck back and running you'll get it peace
    Dont judge by yesterday cause today I have moved on

RC poster
    alright, thanks u guys for all ur help.