Thread: sand proof

RC Competitor

sand proof

What do i need to do to be ready to drive in sand?I have a brushless system already so i don't have to worry about the hung brushs.
    Too many cars to list.

RC Champion
    Sand paddle rear tires, undergeared.

You'll want to cover up any spare slots in your receiver with tape or possibly just balloon your receiver.

I'm not sure how stock front tires will go in the sand, but depending on which servo you have, I've got a quirky method that might help.

RC Competitor

esc

The brushless esc i have has to have an rx pack so all the slots are filled in the receiver.
    Too many cars to list.

RC Qualifier
    Shock socks or balloons over your shocks. Most people only put them over the springs, but I like to cover the whole shock. You'll definately want to clean the bearing immediately after you run. Also have some good oil for them. A heavy bristles brush also might be good to keep in your pocket in case you get large deposits of sand in your steering or anywhere that might cause a problem while you run. That way you can just get rid of it real quick and be on your way.

A good air compressor might be a good idea also when you're all done running. Blow it off and it should save you some time in cleaning.

RC Qualifier
    Originally posted by biker boy69 86
    A good air compressor might be a good idea also when you're all done running. Blow it off and it should save you some time in cleaning.
    Good idea! A simple alternative is to take a can of compressed air along with you (the kind they sell to clean your computer keyboard). Makes clean-up "in the field" easier.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cadtek8

RC Racer
    yeah, for me i just use a tire pump (motorized) and yes, COVER ALL ELECTRONICS!!!!! even the servo.

sand has a tendency to get into places water can fit, so act like you are water proofing, then seal everything with duck tape, or something like that.

have fun
    -ted
    Proud owner of a Nightmare e-rusty and Custom Lexan e-pede.
    4x4 pede lexan chassis anyone? lmk.