Banned by Warnings
    NEW JERSEY land of the 1 and only crazy person ME!

signs to tell ur engine is dead or is going to die

i have ran 1/2 a gallon in my rusty. and i think my engine is shot. what are the sings to tell iif it is. and were the engine cooling haed bolts down. like were the allen keys are. its turning brown and only on that area of the cooling fins. so one ring is brown

RC Qualifier

is that all!

Uh, that seems unlikely. . . I've heard many have put a number of gallons through thiers with no signs of engine death. . .

Extreme loss of performance and compression would be definate signs of major engine problems. The brown discoloring of the engine block can probably be remedied by a toothbrush and some denatured alcohol(just a guess??).

Just sounds like your engine needs some TLC and fine tuning.

Nitty
    All opinions subject to change without notice. Satisfaction isn't always guaranteed! :D

RC Qualifier
    Why would you think it is shot? Is it stalling?
    1 - T-Maxx TRX 2.5 - $150 spent on upgrades so far
    1 - Rustler TRX 2.5 - $900 spent on upgrades so far

Banned by Warnings
    really man,

I went through the excitement of your purchase, break-in, and runs at WOT. I got my new Rusty and experienced many of the same feelings you did. (around the same time)

No way is your engine shot. Unless.....(i.e anything out of the ordinary)

What do you mean? Turning brown?; that is no sign at all. Mine did and still does that!

dlrumbl

I have just over a gallon on mine, and am on my second type of fuel. I swear my engine is just now beginning to run.

Yours can't be that bad? Bring it to Nashville, and we'll get it tuned up right

Banned by Warnings
    yeah. its bogging out sometimes when i hit the throttle. but when i took my tune pipie off. i fuond alot alot alot of wd40 in it. maybe ive been puuting to much after run stuff

RC Racer
    yeah, dont put to much wd40 in it or it will do that. you can flood you engine with to much after run oil.

and it also sounds like your are running very rich. you have to tune your engine for diffrent temps
    ( if it is hot outside richen the mixer) Even for diffrent climates you have to tune.

I would try leaning the mixer next bash session ( to much lubricant)

Banned by Warnings
    i leaned it out. and when i put it back to factory. that lil bronce thing under the hsn moved to. what do i do. so i put it 4 turns out. then i closed the needle in small incraments while running so closing is leanind. so i closed it in small incraments one turn. so now i am running 3 turns out
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 04-03-2004 at 10:23 PM.

RC Qualifier

Just learning

Man, I still struggle with tuning my truck . . . found it just takes tinkerin'. I try very small increments like 1/16 turns Its frustrating. . . I know. It seems just when you think you got her dialed in, the weather changes aarg! I still seem to struggle with a bit of hard starting. . . I store it all week and seem to run it only on the weekends Sometimes I think , 'why can't this truck stay tuned in?" but then am reminded that that is half the fun, tweaking it to get it running just right and spending half the day burning up the tires and smelling the Nitro.

Don't give up and say the engine is gone. . . we'll see if we can help each other through our diffuculties and get ya back on track

Nitty
    All opinions subject to change without notice. Satisfaction isn't always guaranteed! :D

RC Racer
    Just like Nitty said, very fine tuning. I just don't think there is any way your engine is done.

RC Racer
    Like Nitty said I have found that half the fun is in messing with the engine and learning to get it tuned right. If you really take the time to read up on the subject and understand what is happening in your engine then you will get allot of pleasure out of being able to tune her accordingly. I have been through 3 rebuilds on my pro .15 engine and have learned allot from my mistakes. I now have a really good idea of what the engine likes and doesn't like and i'm the guy my friends come to when their engine's are acting up. Just treat your engine the way it should be treated and she will give you a good run for your money.. at least a couple gallons worth.
    (`._.[|v|t|v|]._.)

RC Racer
    I've ran 2 and 1/2 gallons of 20% through mine. No signs of dieing when its tuned right.
    AIM: burtnbordr20

RC Champion
    it could also be too lean, causeing it to bogg down, i was say richin up the hsn to 4 1/2 turns and lean it from there, if thats not the problem, take off you clutch and just lightly scrub it on some 400 grit sand paper, but dont get a flate spot! if the clutch isnt engaging right that could cause poor performance.

RC poster
    if your truck is running lean and you cant figure out why, check the cap on the gastank, the seal could be worn out and drawing in air through the tank, to fix this problem, you have to tweak the spring on the tank, I was about to throw my truck in the trash up until I fixed it. now its running better than ever!
    BRAAAP BRAAAP!!