RC Competitor

Broke in my new Nitro Sport

Weather finally got nice enough to run my Nitro Sport. Was my first experience with RC and nitro. Loved it!! Only issue was carb was set too lean out of the box. HSN was a little less than 2 turns out. Engine kept dying and was kind of hard to start. After about half way through first tank of fuel I re-set HSN to factory setting. Made all the difference in the world! Runs great. Finnished break in and just leaned the HSN about 1/8 of a turn. Starts easy and has great power and speed. It`s probably still a little rich but running perfect. Temp was 173 degrees running with body on. Couldnt be happier! Now to break in my new T Maxx 3.3

Have fun! Nitro vehicles are definitely fun!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by watertrucker View Post
    Weather finally got nice enough to run my Nitro Sport. Was my first experience with RC and nitro. Loved it!! Only issue was carb was set too lean out of the box. HSN was a little less than 2 turns out. Engine kept dying and was kind of hard to start. After about half way through first tank of fuel I re-set HSN to factory setting. Made all the difference in the world! Runs great. Finnished break in and just leaned the HSN about 1/8 of a turn. Starts easy and has great power and speed. It`s probably still a little rich but running perfect. Temp was 173 degrees running with body on. Couldnt be happier! Now to break in my new T Maxx 3.3
    glad your having fun with your sport, i will stress correct operating temp is between 210-250f for the longest engine life possible i would try to stay as close as you can with in those windows. some things will affect it like weather humidity and other things but that is where you want to try to keep the temps, much lower or higher can cause increased wear, loss of power 'n' response, and fouled\damaged glow plugs. happy bashing
    Last edited by mxaustin; 10-08-2015 at 09:24 AM.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx

Welcome! The NS was my first nitro RC. Couldn't believe how quick it was. Lots of fun. Then I got a MT with a 3.3 and my mind was blown away. The power and speed difference was awesome. Now with a TMaxx and a Revo I use them mostly but it's still great to pull out the Sport. RWD is so different than 4WD. Glad you are enjoying it!
    Last edited by slidin6ofem; 10-08-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Good times don't just happen.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah really enjoying this hobby. I`m 55 years old and feel like a kid again with these RC trucks. Awesome fun.