Thread: Truck help

RC poster

Truck help

I recently had to remove the reverse from my t-maxx because it stripped. Put the forward only conversion in. Checked, rechecked, everything and still getting this issue. It will move about 2 ft then click.

Transmission issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 04-24-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed link

RC Competitor
    Something is definitely not lining up correctly. I would check the alinement of the gears that they are all in the right position and check the grubs to make sure they are tight.
    This could be a clutch issue also. I haven't delt with any clutch problems as of yet. I'm sure someone else on here has and will chime in.
    Last edited by SITHH4MMER55; 04-24-2017 at 06:45 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SITHH4MMER55 View Post
    Something is definitely not lining up correctly. I would check the alinement of the gears that they are all in the right position and check the grubs to make sure they are tight.
    This could be a clutch issue also. I haven't delt with any clutch problems as of yet. I'm sure someone else on here has and will chime in.
    Maybe I need to pull it all apart again and check for the 5th time lol. It's just frustrating as I used all new parts, followed videos and diagrams and still can't get it. I thought maybe the clutch but it seems to be the shaft on the outdrive that is slipping

RC Competitor
    Slipping? As in not moving when it clicks?

Edit: just watched the video. Disconnect the front center shaft and test. Then the rear. If it still happens with the shafts disconnected then remove the transmission and spin by hand. If the problem persists, you can open the transmission up and with all the parts in one half of the case you can spin the spur by hand and see what is binding.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-24-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SITHH4MMER55 View Post
    Slipping? As in not moving when it clicks?
    Yea it doesn't move more than a foot or so. Then just clicks like that but a lot louder and faster when it's running