RC Qualifier

venom or MIP on-board temp gauge?

in terms of build quality/durability/accuracy, which is better? i would ask about the traxxas one too, but i know it's the same as the MIP version. does the venom gauge come with a lexan splash guard like the traxxas gauge?

edit: also, i know the venom gauge lets you see a maximum temperature. does the MIP gauge have this feature as well?
    Last edited by wilywampa; 12-10-2003 at 08:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I havce the MIP and love it. I have it stuck to the top of my receiver box and it works great. I have also left it on by mistake for a week straight a couple times.... Still works like new.

RC Racer
    I have the venom temp guage mounted in the same pos. as tstmonkey, and I like it alot, it has the mina dn max function, def a plus.

RC Racer
    I have the venom and I also love it. It has great features incuding Minimum and maximum feature which is very useful. I have only used it a bit but I can almost guarantee that it will be strong and durable.

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the advice, i bought the venom

is this installed correctly?

picture

RC Qualifier
    I'm sure you will be very happy with your purchase as I have really given mine puishment and it has worked flawlessly. I never knew this before but I think the actual part of the probe that reads the temp should be at 90 degees or 1/4 turn away from the exhaust port and in the lower gap between the cooling fins. Hope that is right and I'm not giving you bad info....
    2.5 GH Pipe, GH head , RPM Arms , Towers , Bulk brace , Rims, Skids and Bumpers with Dynamite al. Bulks , Hitec Servos, Rustler tank and a MS airfilter and a pull start in a pear tree.

RC Racer
    I have installed mine in that position as it is the closest place to where the fuel/air actually combusts, this is because on the 2.5 it has a small amount of cooling fins built into the crankcase. It should be at 90 degrees from the exhaust port and that will give you the most accurate results.

hope this helps