RC Qualifier

fuel won't get into carb!

this is a really strange problem:
    alright, when i spin the engine (trx 2.5) fuel just sits in the tubing. it doesnt move. when i prime it, the fuel jolts forward about an inch and then stops. i can prime it for infinity and the fuel wont move more than that initial inch. i literally sat there for 10 secs spinning the engine with my finger over the exhaust and the gas in the line just stayed. when i disconnected the fuel tubing from the top of my gas tank, and then span the engine with my thumb over the exhaust, i could feel exhaust coming out of the fuel tubing i had dosconnected. so is there an air leak near the top of my gas tank? if there was it would have to be at the top because the fuel is not leaking out anywhere. the exhaust can't just disappear...it must be escaping somehow. the gas cap stays tight so the leak cant be by the cap.
    of course, i replaced both fuel lines so there are no holes or cuts in the fuel tubing that could be responsible for the problem.
    somebody help me! i dont want to go back to my lhs guy!
    Dex

RC Qualifier
    Have you tried taking off the tank, plugging the end of one of the fuel lines, putting the tank under water and blowing in one of the lines? Those primer tanks are bad about leaking around the lid.

RC Champion
    you could have something blocking the hsn needle inside the carb, or the lsn could be too lean. have you tried priming it with the throttle full open?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Savage X
    Revo

RC Competitor
    Remove carb.
    Remove HSN and housing.
    Spray Carb Cleaner through it all.
    Reassemble
    Have HSN out a little bit more than you usually have it.

Remove Primer line from Muffler.
    Blow in it with hand near fuel tank lid checking for air leaks.

Marshal
    Also check and make sure the pipe is not clogged at the small valve that provides pressure to the return line and pressurizes the tank.
    Look out buggies....Revo 3.3 coming through!

RC Qualifier
    i disconnected the fuel line from the muffler and blew on it. with the fuel tank cap closed i was unable to blow at all. no fuel got pushed into the engine and my cheeks were puffed out cuz no air would blow in it. of course, with the fuel tank cap held open, i could blow easily. and let me clear something up: the fuel does not stop when it gets to the carb, it stops when it gets half way through the fuel tubing.
    Dex

RC Champion
    some form of debris in the tank where fuel exits maybe? it would block the hole and not allow fuel to exit...that would also be the reason you couldn't physically blow fuel out either - just a guess
    If you live in or near Chicago please check the "chicago" thread in the track/buddy locator section and come bash with us - go to the last page for the latest or read the whole thing - later

Pull the HSN all the way out and then blow in the line (carefully)
    Boogity Boogity Boogity, Crank it up.
    I wanna drive the big brown truck, Go Fast .......Turn Left

RC Qualifier
    Just a thought... do you have a fuel filter? If so, does it need to be cleaned?

-Sock
    http://www.therecks.com/rc
    http://www.rcpics.net/member/SockMonkey