RC Qualifier

Vancouver Island Hobby Shops! ??

Hey Everyone!

I'm out here (Vancouver Island) on vacation and I was wondering if anyone can help me find some hobby shops that carry Traxxas &/or Tamiya stuff. Thanks a million!

-Psyire

RC Racer

hi

Van Isle
    Where you at?

BC Shaver Shop and Hobbies in Victoria is great, just bought some rims and tires two weeks ago.

Also in Coombs there is a hobby shop, um cant remember the name right now, they have Tamiya, and others its pretty small scale though. Found the link, http://www.timberwolfhobbies.com/

Dave.

RC Competitor
    Heres a hobby shop that distributes everywhere in North America, and its in Canada so you dont pay duty, and everything is in our funds. They ship fast, and have ALOT of parts, its quite sick. www.greathobbies.com Have fun, good luck!

RC Qualifier

Smile

Hello,

Thanks for the info. (Even more would be great) I am near Parksville for about a week or so.. Then I'm headed back to Alberta. I was just wondering about hobby shops here on the island that I could visit. I use greathobbies from home or when I'm in edmonton. Thanks again for the info.. if any of you have more.. that would be cool too.

-Psyire

RC Qualifier
    RC pitstop is a good one www.rcpitstop.com
    X LeGaCyMaXxiN.Inc X
    MSN.Msngr JJS_420@hotmail.com

RC Racer

hey

Well if your in Parksville, then Coombs is right up the road, its a small shop, but if you need some stick pack batteries or Parma paint it'll probly be there. He can get any Tamiya kits in within a couple days.

They had even thought of organizing a race.

Dave.

RC Qualifier
    Hey hey,

I just came back from Victoria today and was able to check out BC Shavers & Hobbies. It was a pretty good store and I was able to spend $150 there so that isn't too bad. heh I'm headed out to coombs tomorrow so I'll check out that place.. so far so good. However I am extremely surprised at the lack of hobby shops here.. Edmonton alone has more hobby shops than all of Vancouver Island?? Seems strange.. but true. I would have thought Nanaimo would have had one forsure.. strange. You guys that live out here have to do more in spreading the word. heh.

anyways... later

-Psyire

RC Racer
    Yes i know, there is a shop in Courtney, and apparently some guy in Nanaimo sells stuff out of his basement, there is a place in Nanaimo in Terminal Park Mall that can order anything, but has nothing in stock really.

I pretty much just order everything i need from ebay or ecmc.

Dave.