RC Enthusiast

Electric front end on a nitro

I'm thinking of building a nitro rustler but I have a front end from my stampede 2wd, along with proline trenchers 2.8 which I would put on the rustler. I was wondering if I could use the front end from my pede and use the 2wd tires on a rustler. I know about the off set thing, so my rear would sit inward more that normal.

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can use the arms from the electric models on the nitro. The electric arms are about 1/4inch wider in the front than the nitro arms. You can also use nitro arms, and use the electirc castor blocks, and spindles, in order to run hex wheels on the front. What offset thing, the rear of a nitro has toe in, it is done in the arm mounts, and you can get arm mounts that have more, or less toe in. The arm will set the same otherwise.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Enthusiast
    I mean with the off set thing is that the 2wd electrics have front offset wheels and for the rear there are no off set wheels. Also is the 2.5r a good motor for it? I don't want to be spreading gears and driveshafts a lot but want a lot of power. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    2.5r is a great engine for the truck. I ran one for many years grass and dirt racong with little issue. I would however upgrade the drive shafts.
    2.5r Pede, 2-speed O.S.21tm rusty , 3.3T-maxx