RC Racer

pull-start eliminator

I saw the pull-start eliminator on the new era web site. Has anyone got one of these? Am I right to assume it is to be used with a cordless drill to start your engine? I'd really like to get rid of the easy start to put in the bigger fuel tank but don't want to lose the ease of starting. Anyone........anyone......Bueller......anyone?
    It's not yours until you bleed on it.

RC Racer
    I have seen people take a pull start off and connect the one way bearing to a drill bit so they can use a cordless drill to start there rc.
    Rustler Rocks

RC Champion
    i use to use a Yank Eliminator with my OS .12 CV-X, it was easy to start it but carring that big drill around was a pain... just get a pull start, much less weight and less to carry.

later
    T-maxx, Vintage TRAXXAS Nitro Hawk, HPI Nitro MT, Project npede.

RC Racer
    do thes eeliminators come with a special back plate and everything or do you have to get those seperate?

RC Champion
    nope, all u need to tdo is remove ur pull start or ez-start and take off the one-way bearing. u just use the back plate and shaft that is on the engine. the yank eliminator goes on the shaft on the engine. But if ur running with a starter box then u will need a engine back plate and shaft. I know Tazz will say something like its not good to use a yank eliminator cuz it allows dirt into the engine after a while. also it ruins the bearings in ur backplate..

later

RC Racer
    That was going to be my next question as to how sealed the engine would be. Think I'll just stick with easy start till my ro .15 diesand just keep refueling, it is not really that big of a hassle. I was mostly interested cuz I saw that the new monster GT is going to have a dual starting system that will be pull-start as well as having the pull-start eliminator shaft to plug in your cordless drill so if one breaks you have a back-up unlike ALL engines now. Maybe the after-market guys will catch on and make something for all engine types(or at least the popular ones) in the near future. I think it's a great idea, what about you?
    Last edited by daubsnkc; 01-30-2003 at 12:35 PM.

pull start eliminator???? you mean EZ-Start??? your rusty already has it...

PD
    By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
    do thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shaking, the shaking
    becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion.

RC Champion
    Originally posted by PulsarDynamic
    pull start eliminator???? you mean EZ-Start??? your rusty already has it...

PD
    No PD, a YANK ELIMINATOR, its made by Duratrax i think. u take off the ez-start or pull start and u use the YANK ELIMINATOR to turn the engine over using a drill.....

later

RC Qualifier
    lol, i think PD was just messin w/u guys
    All this aluminum in my 2.5 rusty means....watch your ankles when im drivin!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Tazz R/C owner's Avatar
    The bad thing about yank eliminators (which are made by HG) is that if you tilt it at an angle when it's on the engine, you will need to buy a new one, because the bearing will break.
    The main problem is that it doesn't work with the Nitro Rustler. The yank eliminator needs a clear path to the starter shaft, which is usually blocked by the header or coupler for your exhaust.
    I love the smell of nitro fumes in the morning!

RC Champion
    not if ur using the MIP 360 Stinger exhaust. also there is another drill starter thing... but it points up in the air... i seen it in one of the R/C magz...

later

You're thinking of the Racers Edge power starter:
    http://www.racers-edge.com/iwwidb.pv...ti_item_submit
    And again, because of it's size, it will not work with the Nitro Rustler and it's stock exhaust.

The EZ Start eliminates yanking too. Ahh to live a yank free existance with the STOCK parts... Wouldnt it be grand? Push button ease, no drills, no special backplates. No yanking. Just push, and go!

I refuse to be held responsible for anyone taking the preceeding out of context.

PD

RC Qualifier
    I refuse to be held responsible for anyone taking the preceeding out of context.
    lol PD, if u didnt say that u know that at least one person would say something
    All this aluminum in my 2.5 rusty means....watch your ankles when im drivin!

Originally posted by PulsarDynamic
    The EZ Start eliminates yanking too. Ahh to live a yank free existance with the STOCK parts... Wouldnt it be grand? Push button ease, no drills, no special backplates. No yanking. Just push, and go!

PD
    But only if that was true... With the orginal ez-start system, you must yank the control box end of the ez-start off, unless you want to drive the truck around with a plastic box and 7.2v battery dragging behind it (which I have done). So you see, the ez-start isn't 100% yank-less.

Didnt your moma ever telkl you not to yankt he cord outta the wall socket? SHAKE ON YOU! You "UNPLUG" the ez start. You dont "Yank" it. Sheesh.

PD