Thread: E-Maxx Body ?

RC Competitor

Question E-Maxx Body ?

Does the clear E-Maxx body include window masks?

Thanks, Doug ...

RC Competitor

I would appreciate a reply from a Traxxas Employee or from someone that knows for certain ?

Thanks, Doug ...

RC Enthusiast

I have a clear one on the way from Taxxas .. I will let you know when it comes in.

RC Competitor

Williamjr, thanks.

RC Racer

Doug, if you decide to go after market, I would not suggest bolink, even tho they do put window masks in, the quality of their bodies are really bad......

RC Competitor

Question

Hey guys Im new here and was wondering if you can put the juggernaut body on the traxxas E-max. Vince

RC Competitor

Vince, I own both the Jug2 and E-Maxx. I would not recommend you try to fit the Jug2 body on the E-Maxx. The latter would be tough to do because the Jugg's bed flips up and the Jugg's cab is held to the body with screws on the side. However, if you don't mind drilling 4 holes in the Jug's body and stopping the bed from flipping it would work.

TRUCKSTER

Smile

HI DOUG...THE E-MAXX BODY COMES PRE-PAINTED!THE E-MAXX BODY COMES WITH A HUGE DECAL SHEET W/PRE CUT DECALS...IT'S EASY.PRO-LINE OFFERS BODIES FOR THE E-MAXX...THE CHEVY "SILVERADO" CREW CAB,I HAVE ONE.IT DOES COME WIT WINDOW MASKS,AND THE BODY IS QUALITY STUFF(THICK) AND DETAILED.I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM BOLINK BODIES...GOOD LUCK...P.S.E-MAXX BODIES COME IN 6? DIFFERENT COLORS.

RC Competitor

Talking

Hey Doug, or anyone Where might I buy one of the Jug. bodies I called Tower Hobbies and they didn't have just the body. Do you think I should just call Tamiya. Im not sure I should put one of those bodies on my Emax the way I drive. Anyway I thought I would look in to it. Vince

------------------
    The E-maxx Shrub Buster!

RC Competitor

I'm agreeing with S10 here. I mean bolink could have at least made some kind of headlight stickers? The CLEAR emaxx body I saw at my LHS did not have any window masks. If you look at the emaxx body real close you'll see why, i think. Try to peel off one of those windows, thats right they are stickers also! I have flipped mine enough to make the window stickers start to peel off on their own...

RC Competitor

Vince, Jug bodies always seem to be in short supply. Call Tamiya America, which is located in California. Tamiya usually has the Jug bodies in stock. Sorry, but I don't have the phone number at hand. I think the complete body (cab, bed, chrome parts, lights, decals, etc.) will cost you around $100. I know, that is a lot. You see, you need more than just the cab and bed to make the Jug body look good.

RC Competitor

Truckster, I ordered myself a clear E-Maxx body from Tower Hobbies for about $16. I want to paint the body myself to set myself off from the crowd

The stock E-Maxx body looks great, but I am painting my new body Daytona Race Yellow.

Doug ...

RC poster

Daytona yellow should stand out from the crowd.LOL I like the brighter colors like the florecent(sp) and the non-main stream colors. Takes the same old same old and jazzes it up a bit.

RC Racer

Wink

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DougG:
    I would appreciate a reply from a Traxxas Employee or from someone that knows for certain ?

Thanks, Doug ...
    </font>
    Hello Doug
    The E-Maxx clear body part# 3911 does not include the window masks.

RC Racer

Thumbs up

Although the E-Maxx clear body does not come with window masks, it is not really a problem to put masking tape on and cut them out yourself. Here's what I did and it worked great. Get a roll of quality 3" wide masking tape (3M is excellent). Buy the expensive stuff, there is a difference and the roll will last for years. Apply a piece of tape over the window area and rub it on good so you can see the lines of the window through the tape. Take a pen or pencil and trace the window lines so you can easily see them. Now take a sharp hobby knife and cut along the lines. After you are done painting, you can take your hobby knife and trim about 1/16" to 3/16" off around the edges of the masks (you can also cut out the strip that would separate the two side windows) and then paint that area black or some other contrasting color that gives it a nice finished appearance.

RC Competitor

HOPaLong, thanks for the reply.

Doug ...