RC poster

Bad sound coming from engine when under compression

Ok so I have a bad sound coming from my engine and this is brand new with the break through (did very miticulusly) and about 4 tanks after that. I will have link to a video I made showing this. So what happens is that when the motor is undercompression (glug plug tight) it makes this bad grinding/tight sound. with the glow plug loosened or removed this noise is gone. It runs really rich it seems and tuning makes no difference in performance and is hard to start.

Now do not tell me simple stuff like bad tune, reset to factory settings, tested carb for airleaks, took engine apart everything is in good nick, not the one way bearing or starter, can turn the fly wheel by figure.

So I have tried and researched a ton and cannot find a solution so any help will be great.
    Thanks

https://youtu.be/1m-Jfd2LRTg

Sounds like the starter motor to me.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Could the sound be from bad cam shaft I did not take that part of the engine apart? I tryed running again and extremely hard to start, super rich (tons of smoke no movement) and sucked an entire tank in 5 minutes and it ran extremley sluggish and barely could move and to start it had to give it half to full throttle and hold while loads of smoke came out

Is this your first nitro, If so what car is it in? As far as the running way to rich, I would suggest taking the carb apart and cleaning EVERYTHING. I think I'm with Double G on the starter motor causing the noise. If/when you change it out, I highly recommend buying a pull start and a glow plug heater instead of the easy start. Best of luck and I hope to see another nitro on the trails again!
    "Nothing is permanent but change" - Heraclitus

RC poster
    It's the easy start mine sounds exactly the same T-Maxx 3.3

As I said before, y'all would probably be better off getting a pull start and a glow plug heater. Just my opinion.
    "Nothing is permanent but change" - Heraclitus

RC poster
    Alright so this is my first nitro but have had it for about 4 years now (Slayer pro) the first engine lasted a long time and always ran great but then took a break from the hobby and came back and piston broke so I bought this new engine and nothing but trouble now. I did clean the carb while waiting for the new motor but I will clean it out again since maybe it got real dirty from the break in process cause thats all I have really done with the motor. But it still was very difficult to break in as doing 1/4 to 1/2 throttle makes it go almost no where. If all else fails I will first try and buy a new carb and if not then maybe I got screwed on the motor.

Cant contact traxxas as I bought it from a user who sold it new on ebay and doubt I can return in, but hopefully its not the motor..

last thing could by needles or carb be bad because to make it lean enough its about 2 full turns in and that seems way to much from how it use to be.

RC poster
    Well took every piece of the carb apart again and cleaned really good but now another one of my throttle servos died so cant test if that help the problem but Im sure its the engine and got screwed on Ebay because it makes that real tight ting sound when cutting or turning of the engine and the ez start is not in use after the car is on so it must be in the engine.
    Traxxas stuff has been great for me and reliable, but now its all complete trash and frustrated of throwing money away.. should have just bought a new one with the rate im going and how much I have spent.