Fiero aluminum rear pod
Something new I'm working on... I made a promise to SRTracer121 long time ago to make this and I'm working on it these days... It's not finished yet but I'm getting there...
Hope you like it...
now we just need to find a more common axle and diff that can be made to fit that uses standard 48/64p ball diff type spurs
That would be a nice find... :) Things left to do to the rear pod:
1) better fit for the bearing on the diff's side, it's too tight now...
2) the brace between them, that's why there's a 3mm hole on each of them, I'll make a brace from an aluminum square bar...
3) four threaded holes on each side to mount them (two M4 and two M3)...
4) extended "arm" for the other side where the bearing goes...
5) banana shape hole to mount the motor, the CNC guy forgot to program it...
you dont need that arm to space out the axle, some versions used a chromed steel tube. trick is finding one however if you look around for carbon or aluminum tube with an ID of 5mm then your set :D
be lighter too. :thumbup:
Really? That would be better because I already made the hole for a bearing as you can see on the picture... I think I can get a 5mm CF tube... I'll keep you posted... Btw, I'll make another one for you as promised as soon as all details are covered...
here is an old picture i had from my beater chassis. pod is stock and not modified in any way other than bearings.