MITCH316 eSlay-Revo Build
I would like to thank [url=http://traxxas.com/forums/member.php?81543-Cameron]Cameron[/url] for pointing me in the right direction for this build...I decided to start a new thread for my eSlay-Revo and keep it separate from my eRevo build.
Here is a link to my [thread=8960619]eRevo build[/thread] and my [thread=8962097]Summit build[/thread]
I have been sitting on this project for a good few months now as I got fairly involved in rebuilding my eRevo up to a point where I am happy with my truck; I finally got there and have had a chance to start this build today.
Here is all the bits to build a roller...;); I am going with the Slayer Pro A-Arms on this build.
I am going with a black chassis as well on this build...I dyed my rockers and chassis in black Rit dye back in mid August along with my eRevo parts.
Aluminium diff case and diff cup
I am using the [url=http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=53_39&product_id=207]ST Racing diff case #ST5380B[/url] and the [url=http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=RVO11C01;c=431]Hot Racing diff cup #RVO11C01[/url] on my eSlay-Revo build.
They were fairly pricey to purchase; but these were bought at the time where I just seemed to strip my diff gears on a regular bases with my eRevo...at the time I rebuilt my eRevo I was in search of a bullet proof diff build but ended up doing the Losi mod instead.
I knew they wouldn't go to waste as I had the intention of building me eSlay-Revo for some time ;).
Here is the St racing diff case.
Here is the Hot Racing diff cup.
My first impression of the ST Racing diff case is that it is well machined and is a very nice snug fit in the bulkhead...after my experience with the Losi diff aluminium diff case I am confident that this will improve the life of my diff on this build :).
The Hot Racing diff cup is very solid and a nice fit inside the diff case...I am looking forward to putting the diff cup and case through some good harsh testing.
I will post some videos and give some feedback of the tests I put these diffs through, and if this was a worthy upgrade :thumbup:.
Hot Racing diff cup I-Bar mod
The I-Bar is not a direct fit in the diff cup and required a slight mod to fit. I rounded off the corners on a belt sander as seen below. That is a comparison of a stock I-Bar to the one that has been modded.
As you can see it has been rounded quite significantly...you could probably achieve the same result with a grinder or dremel. It didn't take me long to do both; roughly 5 minutes or so ;).
The I-Bar fits in the diff cup nice and snug...with the spider gears in place it seems to be very solid and strong :thumbup:.
Shock rebuild & VDP (Varaiable Dampening Piston)
I stripped down the new shocks to change the weight of the shock oil and added the VDP to each shock.
The shock oil I had on hand was a 50K and 35K weight...I wanted something in between so I made a 50/50 mix of the 2 weights for each shock.
This is the VDP kit with valve on top, [B]I am using piston #3 in front and piston #2 in the rear[/B].
I then filled my shocks up with the mixture of oil I made...I moved the piston up an down to let any trapped air bubble escape.
Here is an image of how full I made the shock before putting the bladder back in place and the rest of the shock back together.
The end result, a nice clean and easy rebuild.