Troubleshooting - Engine stalls during normal driving or braking
- Out of fuel or low fuel level
- Fill fuel tank
- Improper or contaminated fuel
- Replace fuel. Top Fuel Power Plus is recommended.
- Glow plug fouled or weak
- Check for the glow plug light on the handheld starter when the EZ-Start® button is pressed. No light indicates a completely shorted plug or loose connection. Replace with the correct Traxxas glow plug for best performance.
- Fuel flow blocked
- Check that all fuel lines are clear with no pinhole leaks. Check for dirt blockage in the carburetor fuel inlet and high speed needle seat.
- Air bubble in fuel line
- Prime the engine to force air through/ Check for pinhole leaks in the fuel line
- Insufficient fuel tank pressure
- Replace the pressure hose (between pipe and fuel tank)/ clear blockage in the tuned pipe hose fitting/ check flow to and from tank/ Check seal on fuel tank cap
- Air cleaner plugged
- Clean and replace air cleaner element
- Engine excessively worn
- Repair or replace engine through the Traxxas Engine Replacement Plan.