Troubleshooting - Engine chokes or stalls under acceleration and at speed
- Out of fuel
- Fill fuel tank
- Fuel level is low
- Refill fuel tank
- Glow plug fouled or weak
- Check for the glow plug light on the handheld starter when the EZ-Start® button is pressed. No light indicates a completely shorted plug or loose connection. Replace with the correct Traxxas glow plug for best performance.
- Fuel flow blocked
- Check that all fuel lines are clear with no pinhole leaks. Check for dirt blockage in the carburetor fuel inlet and high speed needle seat.
- Air bubble in fuel line
- Prime the engine to force air through/ Check for pinhole leaks in the fuel line
- Insufficient fuel tank pressure
- Replace the pressure hose (between pipe and fuel tank)/ clear blockage in the tuned pipe hose fitting/ check flow to and from tank/ Check seal on fuel tank cap
- Tuned pipe damaged or incorrect
- First, verify that the tuned pipe flows freely and is not restricted. Some aftermarket dual exhausts do not produce enough backpressure to maintain proper fuel supply to the engine. Replace with proper tuned pipe.