Traxxas ET-3S Electronic Speed Control Programming
The ET-3S speed control should not need reprogramming with normal use. However, if you install a different radio system in your model, or change the transmitter’s throttle-neutral setting from 50/50 to 70/30, or lose throttle respone; you will need to reprogram the speed control. Follow these instructions to reprogram the speed control:
1. Elevate the model so the rear wheels are off the ground and install the battery of your choice in the battery compartment.
2. Switch on your transmitte, and verify that the 3 position selector switch is in Burnout Mode.
3. Hold full throttle while you switch the model on by plugging a charged battery pack into the ET-3S controller. After a few seconds, you will hear multiple tones and the RED LED will light.
4. Hold full brake. After a few seconds, you will hear multiple tones and the YELLOW LED will light.
5. Release the trigger to the neutral position. After a few seconds, you will hear multiple tones and ALL THE LEDs will light.
6. Wait a few more seconds for the speed control to ‘arm,’ indicated by a double-tone. You are now ready to drive.
Setting Low Voltage Detection
Important! Always Use Low Voltage Detection with LiPo Batteries.
From the factory, the model’s speed control has been set up for LiPo batteries, with Low Voltage Detection enabled. This system is designed to prevent accidental over-discharging of LiPo batteries.
Caution: Low Voltage Detection MUST be enabled if you use LiPo batteries in your model.
If you choose to run NiMH batteries in your model, Low Voltage Detection may be switched off to ensure maximum run time with NiMH batteries. Follow these steps:
1. Turn your transmitter on and hold full throttle.
2. Plug a charged battery into the speed control to turn the speed control on.
3. Continue to hold full throttle. After a few seconds you will hear four rings in a row to signal full-throttle calibration. Continue to hold full throttle. After you hear another four rings, return the throttle to neutral.
4. You are now in the first programming mode, and the first option for this mode. The speed control will confirm this by beeping once, pausing, and beeping again.
5. Low Voltage Detection is the seventh programming option. To access it, hold full throttle until the speed control beeps quickly, then release. The speed control will beep twice, then once, to confirm it is in the second programming mode. Repeat holding the trigger to full throttle until the speed control beeps quickly, then returning to neutral until the speed control beeps seven times, and then once. This indicates the speed control is in tuning mode 7 (Low Voltage Detection), and the first option for the mode (Low Voltage Detection OFF).
6. Repeat holding the trigger to full throttle until the speed control beeps quickly, then returning to neutral until the speed control beeps nine times, and then once. Hold full throttle a final time. The speed control will ring to indicate it has reached the end of the programming cycle, then return to normal operation.
Reactivating Low Voltage Detection
Repeat the steps above until you reach step 5, and the speed control beeps seven times then once. Hold the trigger to the full brake position to advance to the second Low Voltage Detection option (Low Voltage Detection ON). Repeat step 6 to complete setting the speed control. Your Traxxas ET-3S speed control is Powered by Castle. Additional features and instructions are available in the “Driver’s Ed Guide” at CastleCreations.com